Lith

Kareem Hunt Signs with Browns

Rate this topic

35 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I think you were looking for "transgressions", there. " Transactions" gives the inference that some kind of drug activity was going on here.  May be apropos, but I don't think that was your intention.  Good luck with your battle,  I disagree with you in this instance, he didn't  "pummel", but does "kicking" really make it all that much better?  Still, I get the point about football in general.

I was typing too quick there. :rolleyes: How did I use the word "transactions"? I wasn't thinking trades or drug deals. LOL. I'm going to go back and edit it, just don't tell anyone, ok?

1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Sorry Helen but you have this wrong Very.  So you think it was "Baker" handling the situation at Oklahoma who kept Mixon and the "other thugs" in line?  Is this the same "voice of reason" that can be seen in a myriad of Videos being "chased down and sacked" by Police during his drunken arrest?  Is this the same "choir boy" who pled guilty to three charges in that case, and has been cited for various other "misadventures" during his "misguided youth", which he is still in, by the way?  Let's stop the "sweetening up" of Baker Mayfield, once and for all, and recognize him for what he is.  He is  a talented, undersized, underdog, BIG MOUTH, who may or may not, develop into a upper tier quarterback in this league.  Let's not sugar coat or glorify it further than that.  That's what the "press" is for.   I, for one, am thrilled he's not ours.  Regards.

Don't know if Baker was handling anything at Oklahoma. Don't really care. He was probably going to be the Jets pick at 3 if the draft went as everyone thought it would. If He was the Jets pick I would have supported him as I would any guy they picked. How about we stop the "knocking down" of Baker Mayfield. A guy who is a Talented, Undersized, Underdog, Big Mouth who sure looks like an NFL QB to me. The guy isn't the one who you hope your Daughter brings home but he ain't a degenerate bum either. He is a young second year player with a ton of promise and a ton to learn but the Anti-Christ he ain't okay?

1 hour ago, GaryM said:

If McCagnon has such high morals, why didn't he cut Robbie after his incident?

Because mouthing off to a cop during an arrest for reckless driving, while not good, isn't the same as punching people?  Yeah, I think that's it.

15 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah, we root for the Jets, thank God. Nothing ever goes wrong here, so lets mock Cleveland! LMAO

Oh, I'm well aware of our own issues. Just stating that the grass is always greener on the other side... I'm not not mocking them either I'm merely stating an observation based on recorded history. 

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I’m sarcastic and snarky 50% of the time on here. 

Yeah, 14 posted on here, directed a comment to one of my first posts,  about Sam and his squeaky clean reputation....14 stated he cared more about winning than character, and if it meant bringing in more thugs, he was all for it.

Win at all costs..,

"Just WIN Baby" I'm from Brooklyn, just like Al Davis, so maybe its that?

Or maybe this is just you making s**t up?  Really doesn't matter though does it? We broke up like months ago... :swing: 

15 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Don't know if Baker was handling anything at Oklahoma. Don't really care. He was probably going to be the Jets pick at 3 if the draft went as everyone thought it would. If He was the Jets pick I would have supported him as I would any guy they picked. How about we stop the "knocking down" of Baker Mayfield. A guy who is a Talented, Undersized, Underdog, Big Mouth who sure looks like an NFL QB to me. The guy isn't the one who you hope your Daughter brings home but he ain't a degenerate bum either. He is a young second year player with a ton of promise and a ton to learn but the Anti-Christ he ain't okay?

That was  exactly my point, he's certainly no savior, nor a villain.  I think I've always made that clear in my comments about him.  I surely expected the Jets to get him in the draft, Sam was, and  is a gift,  As far as the "handling" goes I was responding to a post made by HelenofTroy,.  Check out the thread and you will get it.  This is a Jets website.  We are Jets fans hereAdmiring someone's skill sets is one thing.  Constantly FAWNING over them is something else.

20 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Unless chubb gets hurt, hunt wont play much.  Kind of a useless move for the browns if chubb stays healthy.

I dunno.  The trend now is to committees which is fantasy AIDS

35 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

www.profootballfocus.com,  Offensive line rankings all teams after week #17.  By no measure are they regarded by anyone, outside of you as mediocre.  Don't respond, just continue to wallow in the miserable existence that you demonstrate at every turn.

34 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Unless chubb gets hurt, hunt wont play much.  Kind of a useless move for the browns if chubb stays healthy.

He's going to play. Dont see why he wouldnt unless he's suspended. He's probably a better back than Chubb.

48 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They could easily use both of them at the same time since Hunt is an excellent receiver (Chubbs isn’t) he’ll be able to move all over the place. It’s going to be an interesting to see what they do. 

29 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Surprised they put this out on Twitter.  This is something you announce in a quiet news release on a Friday night.

surprisingly brilliant? plenty of time for a reverse, cut him after the draft if there is public outcry and everyone forgets before the start of the season when it could become a distraction 

48 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t get the venom for Crowell

the butt wipe with ball during the collapse in Cleveland changed his popularity - did not seem to play that well after that game either - I think the Jets have to keep him next year due to cap hit so we will see him in a new offense, I think he has potential to do well with Gase and I don't think he wants the crazy eyes in his face LOL

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Chubb and Hunt and Duke.  

Are they trading Chubb?  Or just cutting Duke?  Chubb looked like a playmaker to me.  I don't get this at all.

They’re both signed till 2021. I could see them trying Duke if they can depending on Hunts suspension. 

6 hours ago, Lith said:

I am not sorry we did not bring him in; but Browns look like they are going all in on 2019.

All in on 2019?

Guy probably won’t play most of 2019, and best case shares backfield work with Chubb. Not sure how this is all-in. I’ll assume the thread already digs into this.

Damn, Kareem Hunt/Nick Chubb/Duke Johnson is as good of a backfield as there is in the NFL. Browns might take home the division title for the first time since I've been alive. 

7 hours ago, Jetster said:

He might not even play in 2019. Goodell got a lot of flack over the Ray Rice incident & with the #metoo movement at a fever pitch still & Rogers incredibly thin skin, Hunt might not ever get on the field in 2019. 

They better hope Baker doesn't get hurt, a roster full of azzholes, Landry, Calloway, Hunt, would be a sh*tforall. 

Landry’s an ahole?

5 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Although, I will say, I took in a young lady for two years who came from a horrible family situation, her mother was a drug addict, she had been shot as a child by one of her mothers boyfriends.  Her mother threw her out one night because she had missed vacuuming the floor after school, after feeding her brothers, and doing her homework.

This young lady would not touch a morsel of food in the kitchen - I always had prepared food in the fridge, and snacks in the pantry, or turn on the lights without permission, till I got home.  I could have left $100 bills on the table and she wouldn’t touch it.

Some kids just naturally have goodness and high moral judgement no matter their background.  

She was just waiting for you to let your guard down. Check your bankbook. 

4 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

He sucks and is all sorts of horrible things. Unless Darnold went #1 and if the Jets took Mayfield over Rosen. Then he's good people. Or anyway, good enough. They need him to play QB not be mother superior. 

If he gets caught on tape - or really, even accused - of beating the piss out of his girlfriend, then that would change things. But just being a cocky douche? Meh, they can't all be Drew Brees. 

7 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

Key word would be "future"...show me one person who wouldn't switch rosters with the Browns right now and I'll show you someone who doesn't know football. I know that critical thinking and foresight are rare commodities these days but holy hell. 

Wow, you managed to predict that a historically awful team would eventually show improvement?  You really went out on a limb there, huh?  Awe-inspiring stuff.

36 minutes ago, jgb said:

Landry’s an ahole?

So is R Anderson with 1/2 the talent and pedigree. K Hunts  a player if he plays this year 

Wow, you managed to predict that a historically awful team would eventually show improvement?  You really went out on a limb there, huh?  Awe-inspiring stuff.

Yeah, because the Browns, who have essentially struggled for their entire existence and are the laughing stock of the NFL for how long now, were just guaranteed to turn the corner in this past year.

You're really showing your intelligence here.

Point remains that while Mac and Bowles were putting lipstick on a pig and trying to eek out wins with Fitzpatrick and McCown, the Browns committed to a proper rebuild the right way. Utilizing their assets to improve their draft stock and put building blocks in place. Now they have a better overall roster than the Jets, something that may posters (probably yourself included) thought would be impossible two or three years ago. Sorry this hurts your frail ego.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app