Kareem Hunt Signs with Browns

Lith

34 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Unless chubb gets hurt, hunt wont play much.  Kind of a useless move for the browns if chubb stays healthy.

He's going to play. Dont see why he wouldnt unless he's suspended. He's probably a better back than Chubb.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Unless chubb gets hurt, hunt wont play much.  Kind of a useless move for the browns if chubb stays healthy.

They could easily use both of them at the same time since Hunt is an excellent receiver (Chubbs isn’t) he’ll be able to move all over the place. It’s going to be an interesting to see what they do. 

29 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Surprised they put this out on Twitter.  This is something you announce in a quiet news release on a Friday night.

surprisingly brilliant? plenty of time for a reverse, cut him after the draft if there is public outcry and everyone forgets before the start of the season when it could become a distraction 

48 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t get the venom for Crowell

the butt wipe with ball during the collapse in Cleveland changed his popularity - did not seem to play that well after that game either - I think the Jets have to keep him next year due to cap hit so we will see him in a new offense, I think he has potential to do well with Gase and I don't think he wants the crazy eyes in his face LOL

6 hours ago, Lith said:

I am not sorry we did not bring him in; but Browns look like they are going all in on 2019.

All in on 2019?

Guy probably won’t play most of 2019, and best case shares backfield work with Chubb. Not sure how this is all-in. I’ll assume the thread already digs into this.

7 hours ago, Jetster said:

He might not even play in 2019. Goodell got a lot of flack over the Ray Rice incident & with the #metoo movement at a fever pitch still & Rogers incredibly thin skin, Hunt might not ever get on the field in 2019. 

They better hope Baker doesn't get hurt, a roster full of azzholes, Landry, Calloway, Hunt, would be a sh*tforall. 

Landry’s an ahole?

5 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Although, I will say, I took in a young lady for two years who came from a horrible family situation, her mother was a drug addict, she had been shot as a child by one of her mothers boyfriends.  Her mother threw her out one night because she had missed vacuuming the floor after school, after feeding her brothers, and doing her homework.

This young lady would not touch a morsel of food in the kitchen - I always had prepared food in the fridge, and snacks in the pantry, or turn on the lights without permission, till I got home.  I could have left $100 bills on the table and she wouldn’t touch it.

Some kids just naturally have goodness and high moral judgement no matter their background.  

She was just waiting for you to let your guard down. Check your bankbook. 

4 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Don't know if Baker was handling anything at Oklahoma. Don't really care. He was probably going to be the Jets pick at 3 if the draft went as everyone thought it would. If He was the Jets pick I would have supported him as I would any guy they picked. How about we stop the "knocking down" of Baker Mayfield. A guy who is a Talented, Undersized, Underdog, Big Mouth who sure looks like an NFL QB to me. The guy isn't the one who you hope your Daughter brings home but he ain't a degenerate bum either. He is a young second year player with a ton of promise and a ton to learn but the Anti-Christ he ain't okay?

He sucks and is all sorts of horrible things. Unless Darnold went #1 and if the Jets took Mayfield over Rosen. Then he's good people. Or anyway, good enough. They need him to play QB not be mother superior. 

If he gets caught on tape - or really, even accused - of beating the piss out of his girlfriend, then that would change things. But just being a cocky douche? Meh, they can't all be Drew Brees. 

7 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

Key word would be "future"...show me one person who wouldn't switch rosters with the Browns right now and I'll show you someone who doesn't know football. I know that critical thinking and foresight are rare commodities these days but holy hell. 

Wow, you managed to predict that a historically awful team would eventually show improvement?  You really went out on a limb there, huh?  Awe-inspiring stuff.

Wow, you managed to predict that a historically awful team would eventually show improvement?  You really went out on a limb there, huh?  Awe-inspiring stuff.

Yeah, because the Browns, who have essentially struggled for their entire existence and are the laughing stock of the NFL for how long now, were just guaranteed to turn the corner in this past year.

You're really showing your intelligence here.

Point remains that while Mac and Bowles were putting lipstick on a pig and trying to eek out wins with Fitzpatrick and McCown, the Browns committed to a proper rebuild the right way. Utilizing their assets to improve their draft stock and put building blocks in place. Now they have a better overall roster than the Jets, something that may posters (probably yourself included) thought would be impossible two or three years ago. Sorry this hurts your frail ego.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Because mouthing off to a cop during an arrest for reckless driving, while not good, isn't the same as punching people?  Yeah, I think that's it.

This is the NFL, not the Vatican. If he pays his dues and the NFL allows him to play, who are you to judge him. This team needs a lot of players, and signing Hunt to a reasonable contract would have been a wise move. Much better than giving Bell 15 million a year, that money could be used to fill holes elsewhere.

26 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Point remains that while Mac and Bowles were putting lipstick on a pig and trying to eek out wins with Fitzpatrick and McCown, the Browns committed to a proper rebuild the right way. Utilizing their assets to improve their draft stock and put building blocks in place. Now they have a better overall roster than the Jets, something that may posters (probably yourself included) thought would be impossible two or three years ago. Sorry this hurts your frail ego. 

The "proper way" as far as the Brown's method goes was to accrue a record of 45 wins versus 130 losses since 2008.  That is an astounding record and is the key to their ability to put "building blocks" in place.  That's 11 seasons of draft picks at the top of every round, enabling them to pick the best of the "can't miss" prospects and also allowing them to consistently trade down from those lofty positions to garner extra picks.  This commitment to losing year after year is the biggest reason for their roster "superiority" that they enjoy now.  I can't celebrate that as some sort of major accomplishment, sorry.  Regards, my friend.

40 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Yeah, because the Browns, who have essentially struggled for their entire existence and are the laughing stock of the NFL for how long now, were just guaranteed to turn the corner in this past year.

You're really showing your intelligence here.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Actually, it was an absolute guarantee that a 0-win team would eventually improve upon their record, as long as the NFL didn't go out of business.  Meanwhile, they still haven't had a winning season in 11 years, but you go right on ahead and let everyone else know that, despite how terrible they were in the years you said they'd be good, it actually makes you the most right of everyone once they finally stopped being the very worst in league history, while still having accomplished absolutely nothing.

The Jets could be sporting the league's worst AAF team right now, and it would still have no impact on your need for self-celebration about something you were wrong about at the time you made the argument.  But hey, I'm sure the changes to the entire front office, coaching staff, and roster that all needed to be made between those times surely had nothing to do with any of it.  It was your unmatched foresight that really brought it all together.

13 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

That is sad.

Some football fans are sick.  A lot of sports fans are sick.  I dont believe in second chances for every transgression.  Sorry.  And I am no goody two shoes but I do not reward someone who beats women.  It is morality--pure and simple.  Sports fans often keep morality on the back burner--even sneer at it.  They are desperate, tormented souls.  Winning is all that counts.  Souls for sale.

2 hours ago, jack48 said:

Some football fans are sick.  A lot of sports fans are sick.  I dont believe in second chances for every transgression.  Sorry.  And I am no goody two shoes but I do not reward someone who beats women.  It is morality--pure and simple.  Sports fans often keep morality on the back burner--even sneer at it.  They are desperate, tormented souls.  Winning is all that counts.  Souls for sale.

Yes, and we also have people like you who want to impose your moral views on us. No need to look at facts, police reports or laws, just be a judge based on your moral values. But hey, if you're going to be a judge, why not be a hanging judge? No second chances! You've been offended! Do you realize your moral outrage is yours, and your need to judge others based on it is nothing but virtue signaling? 

The police interviewed all parties involved, viewed the tape, and didn't arrest or charge Hunt.

Its hard to justify Hunt's actions, and as the father of a daughter, I have no desire to try. That said, if that was my daughter in that video, I'd be as upset with her as I'd be with Hunt. She was clearly the aggressor, and her behavior escalated the situation to the point where unless hotel security could intervene, there would be  a bad outcome. She was physically violent, and out of control verbally. She struck people, and used the N word.

Explain to me how a young girl, who at the least was very drunk, out at 130 in the morning, arguing like that with strangers her age in front of the hotel room the strangers were staying in, is an innocent victim. Yes she fell to the ground, but she wasn't the one pushed. Someone was pushed into her. Then we get to Hunt's "pummeling of her" as someone described it. She is crouching, and he disgustedly knocks her off balance and she topples over.

Nobody comes out of this looking good, but as I said nobody comes out looking like a victim either. Put any group of young people in a situation like that night, and the outcome could be a lot worse. Lets save the moral outrage and virtue signaling for real victims of violence. When you choose to get on a pulpit and preach, make sure you have a viable cause. If you don't have one and preach anyway, you're hurting the cause not helping it. 

17 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

I know its odd for Jets fans to consider having ONE great NFL talent, much less TWO. I'm sure they will find a way to split carries just like they do in NO. 

NO was not splitting carries this season. It was a Alvin Kamara show. Ingram will be traded this offseason. 

8 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Actually, it was an absolute guarantee that a 0-win team would eventually improve upon their record, as long as the NFL didn't go out of business.  Meanwhile, they still haven't had a winning season in 11 years, but you go right on ahead and let everyone else know that, despite how terrible they were in the years you said they'd be good, it actually makes you the most right of everyone once they finally stopped being the very worst in league history, while still having accomplished absolutely nothing.

The Jets could be sporting the league's worst AAF team right now, and it would still have no impact on your need for self-celebration about something you were wrong about at the time you made the argument.  But hey, I'm sure the changes to the entire front office, coaching staff, and roster that all needed to be made between those times surely had nothing to do with any of it.  It was your unmatched foresight that really brought it all together.

You've been going out of your way to sh*t on people's optimism about the Browns for years now.  What gives?  I remember you giving me similar treatment a year or 2 ago. 

I get it.  Sashi Brown had far less to do with Cleveland's turnaround than John Dorsey has.  But Dorsey obviously took the job thinking they were headed in the right direction, no?  A top 10 GM doesn't just fall into your laps without there being a pretty good situation waiting for him. 

16 hours ago, genot said:

So you read this article and decided he’s a thug even tho the article states he has no criminal record despite growing up in poverty with criminal behavior around him. 

That this is Hunt’s first incident and that he’s handled it quietly is at least some indication that he understands the gravity of it all. 

17 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Dear "Insect",  Don't get me started.  The next constructive, positive, observation you make will be the first.  Thanks for the snarky, disingenuous, contribution.  Fascinating, as usual.  And, for your information Genius,  the Browns had the second rated Offensive Line in all of football last year.  Try paying attention to things like that instead  of looking to criticize other posters, understand?

O have to agree with lonelyheats. It's annoying to read your posts the way you type them.

38 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You've been going out of your way to sh*t on people's optimism about the Browns for years now.  What gives?  I remember you giving me similar treatment a year or 2 ago. 

I get it.  Sashi Brown had far less to do with Cleveland's turnaround than John Dorsey has.  But Dorsey obviously took the job thinking they were headed in the right direction, no?  A top 10 GM doesn't just fall into your laps without there being a pretty good situation waiting for him. 

It's an asinine argument to self-congratulate a prediction of the unseen greatness of the Browns right before they went 0-16, because now they're a better losing team 3 years later with very little in common with that team.  I'm not the one going out of the way, when years later some folks are trying to justify why that thing they were indisputably wrong about was actually right.  It's quite simply a complete logical fallacy.

In the end, they've still yet to prove they're actually any better than mediocre.  For the most part I don't really care about the Browns one way or another, but it's pretty odd to see some around here so impressed by their own thoughts on an NFL bottom-dweller not named the Jets.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

It's an asinine argument to self-congratulate a prediction of the unseen greatness of the Browns right before they went 0-16, because now they're a better losing team 3 years later with very little in common with that team.  I'm not the one going out of the way, when years later some folks are trying to justify why that thing they were indisputably wrong about was actually right.  It's quite simply a complete logical fallacy.

But I was saying I believed in the Browns from the moment they started to embrace analytics.  Admittedly, I was wrong about Hue Jackson, but I did think that the Browns were smart to tear everything down and go young from the start. 

Again, John Dorsey doesn't sign on to run the Browns, with their history of failure, if he didn't see something there. 

Honestly, I don't think this is a big deal. If Chubb is playing well, they will not mess with that and I think Chubb might be one of the better RB's if he stays healthy. Hunt is going to be the change of pace guy there and he is going to be a lockeroom cancer. I think it's obvious he thinks a lot of himself and is not going to like watching from the sidelines. 

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But I was saying I believed in the Browns from the moment they started to embrace analytics.  Admittedly, I was wrong about Hue Jackson, but I did think that the Browns were smart to tear everything down and go young from the start. 

Again, John Dorsey doesn't sign on to run the Browns, with their history of failure, if he didn't see something there. 

DePodesta was the big hire.

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

So you read this article and decided he’s a thug even tho the article states he has no criminal record despite growing up in poverty with criminal behavior around him. 

That this is Hunt’s first incident and that he’s handled it quietly is at least some indication that he understands the gravity of it all. 

I think your looking past the two other incidents that are being looked into by the NFL.  Alot of times when you grow up around violence, you take on that behavior. Somehow, it's a normal part of daily life. If some team want's to take a chance with him, fine. I just prefer the Jets stay clear of that problem. It becomes a distraction. Hurts more than it helps.

Archived