This Jets Coaching staff

kevinc855

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Rag on this staff as much as you want but it is 10X the staff Bowles had in place!

Gase > than any OC Bowles had....................................................... and WIlliams > Rogers!!

Not ragging but def scratching my head on some moves. It’s a high risk high reward thing. I’m ok with it....as long as it works 

40 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

So many characters, so many odd stories, very little continuity or chemistry but in my opinion a lot of talent. I feel this is gonna end up in two ways. A brilliant idea or a total disaster. 

Lets find out....

Zany characters! Wacky stories! Like that time Williams and Vitt paid for players to intentionally injure each other in a sport that’s already some probability of a death sentence then snitched each other for it. ****’s sake.

Rag on this staff as much as you want but it is 10X the staff Bowles had in place!

Gase > than any OC Bowles had....................................................... and WIlliams > Rogers!!

Better coaching staff does not mean good coaching staff.

Chlamydia is better than HIV, but you don’t hear too many folks with chlamydia bragging about it.

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Better coaching staff does not mean good coaching staff.

Chlamydia is better than HIV, but you don’t hear too many folks with chlamydia bragging about it.

And worse yet, we don't even know if it's actually better yet, as much as we are of course obviously all hoping for it.  I was unhappy with most of the hires, but at this point am rooting for them to all pay off big time.  However, the idea of the supposed proven superiority to their predecessors is nothing but a matter of hindsight combined with future hope, as it's not like these guys are, in reality, held so much higher today than the prior staff was viewed at the time they came on.

If anything, when the hiring all happened in 2015, Gailey was being talked about as the offensive equivalent of how Williams is today (the heavily experienced/successful guy to run things on the other side of the ball), while Bowles/Rodgers were the defensive Gase/Loggains (HC with a successful track record on one side of the ball bringing along "his guy"), and even the long ST record of April was being touted back then.  Of course we all now know what a mess it was, and certainly don't want it to come anywhere close to repeating itself, but the point simply being, acting like this is some sort of certain improvement is pure conjecture.

Let's hope this is a Pete Carroll type situation except Gase didn't go back to college. How much success would Belichick have with oft injured QB like Tannyhill? 

I've said this before, the Fins were a well coached team with a flawed QB. They beat us 5 out of 6 times, they beat the Pats 2-6 times, but they didn't seem like an overly talented bunch. Unlike Bowles teams that could never beat a decent team, or hold a lead, or not commit terrible penalties at the absolute worst time, the Fins did beat some quality teams with Gase at the helm, he kept them in the hunt unlike the Jets who were out of it early. 

Rogers was a complete sh*tshow and couldn't hold Williams play sheet. With 100 million, another draft & Sam in his 2nd season, our talent level will certainly be raised in 2019, and it will just take some time to get in sync. I'm looking for increase of quality play game to game. Every single year in the Bowles period, our team got worse as the season progressed. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Let's hope this is a Pete Carroll type situation except Gase didn't go back to college. How much success would Belichick have with oft injured QB like Tannyhill? 

I've said this before, the Fins were a well coached team with a flawed QB. They beat us 5 out of 6 times, they beat the Pats 2-6 times, but they didn't seem like an overly talented bunch. Unlike Bowles teams that could never beat a decent team, or hold a lead, or not commit terrible penalties at the absolute worst time, the Fins did beat some quality teams with Gase at the helm, he kept them in the hunt unlike the Jets who were out of it early. 

Rogers was a complete sh*tshow and couldn't hold Williams play sheet. With 100 million, another draft & Sam in his 2nd season, our talent level will certainly be raised in 2019, and it will just take some time to get in sync. I'm looking for increase of quality play game to game. Every single year in the Bowles period, our team got worse as the season progressed. 

I came across this snippet from Gil Brandt when reviewing where Kyler Murray could end up. He had this to say about Gase / Miami:

The talent base needs some work; how former coach Adam Gase won as many games as he did in his three years on the job, I'll never know. 

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

Rogers was a complete sh*tshow and couldn't hold Williams play sheet.

I want to highlight what you said hear for the folks out here who don't see this staff as a significant upgrade over the last coaching regime!

NO ONE...

I mean NO ONE.......In the entire NFL, in their right mind, would chose Rogers over Williams to be their DC; NO ONE!!!!

And the same is true for that matter with Bates over Gase!!!

NO ONE...

So let's stop with the nonsense out here....

Bowles coaching staff stunk and was one of the main reasons in my mind he should have been fired even sooner!!

13 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Time will tell.

4 hours ago, jamesr said:

I came across this snippet from Gil Brandt when reviewing where Kyler Murray could end up. He had this to say about Gase / Miami:

Damn right! Like I said, every defeat we had to Miami in Bowles tenure, I'd be thinking the next day, "how the hell do we keep losing to the freaking Fins?" I hate the Fins as much as the Patriots, use to be the Fins but those sh*t eating grins that Belichick & Brady possess, the Super Bowls, the refs either not calling anything or calling everything when they are down & Brady fails on a 3rd down (Personal foul, holding, PI) you know its coming & the refs never disappoint. The Pats have surpassed the Fins in my hatred for both organizations, I have no feelings either way for the Bills, lol.

At least these guys KNOW HOW to coach. Rex literally came from an ALL STAR cast in the Ravens. Gase didn't have a team of All Stars in Miami. Bowles came from an All Star defense in Arizona, and failed miserably here & literally got worse & worse from 2015 to 2018. Forget coaches, the Jets roster is the Island of misfit players & I think we finally have the people here to put in a plan, scheme an offense & defense, and bring in the players necessary to help them succeed. 

Archived