Ten Random Things Not Worth Starting a Thread Over

RichardSeymour

1.) The Celtics are SMOKING at the moment. Walker has completely transformed that team and they have a LOT of talent. It's unlikely but at least remotely plausible that they could win the NBA championship.

If they do... Boston will own every major sports championship simultaneously(IMO at the moment there is no hockey championship to be owned, so at the moment there are only three major sports).

If that happens, permanent bragging rights baby.

2.) THE MOST UNDERAPPRECIATED STREAK IN FOOTBALL is... Peyton Manning's six consecutive seasons over 4000 yards passing yards (the LOWEST was 4131 yards).

Before Manning, as far as I can tell, the longest streak of 4k seasons was three consecutive, achieved by Marino and Fouts. Manning has six, and that's just rediculous.

I hate the guy, I think he's a choker, but you have to respect the hell out of his talent. He's going to go down as an all-time great QB in the Marino mold.... Also as far as I can tell Manning has a 120 game consecutive start streak. Also very impressive.

3.) Pats are looking hard at a whole slew of real-honest-to-god LBs (Burnett, Thurman, Blackstock, Crowder). This is being reported by Mike Reiss and to keep RSherry from bleeding through his tampon I'll note that I learned this from a thread on KFFL and in no way do I want to represent this as something Bill Belichick himself told me.

4.) I tried telling you guys Bradway was a moron after 2002 but amazingly few people were on board with that.

Hey, keep him indefinitely. Please.

5.) As much as I love Vincent Jackson for the Pats, he'd make even more sense for the Jets. He's huge, he's fast, he has great hands. The knock on him is that he might have to be moved to TE (and most think he could do well there) due to lateral agility.

Is he a WR? Is he a TE? Does it matter to you? Either way you guys would win.

6.) After Bradway is sacked you guys would do well to just lock GJ&H, Bitonti, Riggo, and YJF in a conference room with game film, scouting reports, a cap guru, and a case of red bull. Give YJF the head spot (He's the most levelheaded, best able to make impartial decisions) and let GJ, Bit, and Riggo have a productive dialogue on various players.

Seriously, I don't know if that would result in a great FO, but I honestly think it would be a good one.

7.) Give me my pick of any one WR in the game right now and I take Chad Johnson. Best combination of talent, youth, and drive. I saw a clip on the NFL network of Johnson talking to Marvin Lewis, not sure when or where it was.... but Johnson was saying to Lewis "I want to be the best that ever lived, I want to be better than Jerry Rice".... that in and of itself isn't particularly special, lots of WRs say that or feel that way, but here's the thing.... Johnson was almost crying, Lewis was basicall consoling him..... that kid wants it so bad it's rediculous. He's as hungry as it gets and he's a lot more humble than TO or Moss from what I've seen. Plus his hands are ABSURDLY good.

8.) Patriots who had off years last year: Matt Light and Richard Seymour. Both were significantly worse than in 2003, though in Seymour's case at least that was still extremely good. Be interesting to see if they rebound next year.

9.) Rosevelt Colvin will be a force next year. Not necessarily a pro-bowler, but a high quality player who really helps his team win to the same degree Mike Vrabel has for the Pats in recent years. Book it.

10.) Selfishly I'd really want to see the Pats give Wilfork some training as a goalline FB..... I just really want to see a goalline formation with Graham and Watson stacked on one side and Dillon running behind Wilfork and Seymour.

7.) Give me my pick of any one WR in the game right now and I take Chad Johnson. Best combination of talent, youth, and drive. I saw a clip on the NFL network of Johnson talking to Marvin Lewis, not sure when or where it was.... but Johnson was saying to Lewis "I want to be the best that ever lived, I want to be better than Jerry Rice".... that in and of itself isn't particularly special, lots of WRs say that or feel that way, but here's the thing.... Johnson was almost crying, Lewis was basicall consoling him..... that kid wants it so bad it's rediculous. He's as hungry as it gets and he's a lot more humble than TO or Moss from what I've seen. Plus his hands are ABSURDLY good.

You better believe it. The man is just a ridiculous talent, certainly in the same class as Owens, Moss, Harrison, Holt and Ward. He is the man who will lead the Bengals out of the dark and into the playoffs next season, because all the pieces are there on both sides of the ball.

2.) THE MOST UNDERAPPRECIATED STREAK IN FOOTBALL is... Peyton Manning's six consecutive seasons over 4000 yards passing yards (the LOWEST was 4131 yards).

Before Manning, as far as I can tell, the longest streak of 4k seasons was three consecutive, achieved by Marino and Fouts. Manning has six, and that's just rediculous.

I hate the guy, I think he's a choker, but you have to respect the hell out of his talent. He's going to go down as an all-time great QB in the Marino mold.... Also as far as I can tell Manning has a 120 game consecutive start streak. Also very impressive.

That is amazing. I didn't realize it had been so many years already. Pretty amazing to stay healthy for that long. Even more impressive to put up numbers like that year after year.

I would like to see what Peyton and his current offense would do against a Non Belichek defense in a big spot.

Until I see that I can't proclaim him 100% a choker. Until then he stays at 98%!

That is amazing. I didn't realize it had been so many years already. Pretty amazing to stay healthy for that long. Even more impressive to put up numbers like that year after year.

Manning's most under rated attribute is his physical toughness.

The guy has taken some brutal shots and just gets up and continues on.

If I am not mistaken, he has never missed an NFL game due to injury.

Manning's most under rated attribute is his physical toughness.

The guy has taken some brutal shots and just gets up and continues on.

If I am not mistaken, he has never missed an NFL game due to injury.

Your right TX.

It is amazing what Peyton has been doing but I always have been one to think, how would he be without Marvin Harrison...I really wanted to see that this year, too bad he re-signed.

You saw this past year how Daunte Culpepper was without Randy Moss, he was half the QB he is with Randy and the team struggled. It will be interesting to see how Daunte plays this year, I'm more interested in seeing his game this year than anyone elses.

I bring up these 2 QB's because they had 2 of the 3 best WR's in the game. Brett Favre has never had that and has came out and played well in previous seasons. I'd like to see Manning do it with just Reggie Wayne and Culpepper with just Nate Burleson.

did anyone see chad johnson at the pro ball skills contest? If i remember correctly he didnt even warm up for the hands competition than he just completly smoked the field. Yeah it wasnt a game situation but when he out performs other probowlers my such a huge margin you need to take notice.

1.)

6.) After Bradway is sacked you guys would do well to just lock GJ&H, Bitonti, Riggo, and YJF in a conference room with game film, scouting reports, a cap guru, and a case of red bull. Give YJF the head spot (He's the most levelheaded, best able to make impartial decisions) and let GJ, Bit, and Riggo have a productive dialogue on various players.

Seriously, I don't know if that would result in a great FO, but I honestly think it would be a good one.

LOL :D ..... Thanks for the compliment. I would be The Theo Epstein of NFL GM's.

Ham and I would get into so many fights in that front office. Alot of different mindsets and philosophies there. Too many egos involved. Ham would bolt from my staff to take another GM position somewhere else. I don't think that we would be able to get along.

Riggins would be my director of college scouting. I'd let Bitonti do all the pro scouting. I like his views on players around the league.

As for Bradway, People are being too hard on him. Has he been Bill Walsh as The Jets GM? NO

But he's done a good job with The Jets.

Problem is we want a championship type performance from our GM and coaching staff. Until The Jets win a superbowl, Everyone associated with this team will never get the benefit of the doubt. There will always be rough treatment towards them.

Archived