Williams defense~Who stays? Who goes?

Jetster

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Mo Lewis played in both the 4-3 and then 3-4 under Parcells.  So did Marvin Jones. 

Jenkins and Lewis, both out of GA, are similar players.  

Mo was always a LB tho.  But yes I agree there is no need to get rid of Jenkins just move him to LB

• 4 weeks later...

I think staying in the 3-4 is a bad idea.  That is not Williams' idea.  That was likely Mac/Chris in an attempt to keep Mac's job this year.  

It is more likely than not that Quinnen or Bosa will be available at 3.  Sign people like Mosely and Flowers and make the shift to a 4-3.  

Allen will be there.  You can sign Anderson, figure out NT and stick with the 3-4.  I would cut Lee and sign Brandon Marshall instead.   I like the first option better, because if Quinnen is there and you pick Allen over him, there will be grumbling.  

A philosophy and plan would be nice.  Let's see if we get one.  

3 hours ago, varjet said:

I think staying in the 3-4 is a bad idea.  That is not Williams' idea.  That was likely Mac/Chris in an attempt to keep Mac's job this year.  

It is more likely than not that Quinnen or Bosa will be available at 3.  Sign people like Mosely and Flowers and make the shift to a 4-3.  

Allen will be there.  You can sign Anderson, figure out NT and stick with the 3-4.  I would cut Lee and sign Brandon Marshall instead.   I like the first option better, because if Quinnen is there and you pick Allen over him, there will be grumbling.  

Darron Lee has to go.  Jets fans don’t fully comprehend how much he compromises the defense

3 hours ago, varjet said:

Why would it matter to Mac’s job if they stayed in their scheme

7 hours ago, varjet said:

There's video out of there of Williams saying he knows like 42 defensive fronts and chooses the ones best for the talent he has.

Archived