Report: Texans to cut Demaryius Thomas today

9 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Draft a big bodied receiver in the 3rd/4th round. (Riley Ridley, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Jalen Hurd, Anthony Johnson, etc.)

Thomas is just about done and isn’t worth any potential headaches.

Draft Hurd I agree... 

Thomas tore his Achilles end of December, I am not a doctor, but I would think he won't be 100% until at least the 1 year mark and he was already slowing down. . 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

Yes he’s done...with Houston. Brady will probably put him back in his prime years. He made Chris Hogan seem like an NFL player. 

Doubtful.  I'd guess 2 or 3 good games.  Then underachieves.  

Should be an easy cover for a CB 2 or 3.

1 minute ago, CurtMart said:

Yes, cuz 31 vs 33 years old isn’t even a factor. 

Ocho Stinko refused to even try to learn the playbook that was the word coming out of foxboro 

Thomas is probably awake right now studying their playbook while in physical therapy

On 2/12/2019 at 9:54 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/12/report-texans-to-cut-demaryius-thomas-today/?fbclid=IwAR17J4kUyvsdE0Yzwpm1ckKjJwLPc4kbU_XjBGoPJfWQHQxFkExu1pMJXDE

Not the player he once was but might be a solid veteran target for Darnold for the right price. Has experience in the Gase system too, which would be helpful. He had his most success with Manning throwing to him in Gase's system fwiw.

I’d be down for this if we sign Tebow to backup Sam. They were magic together. Oh wait.....what am I saying! ?

• 7 months later...

Might not be the popular opinion, but say we land someone like Jeudy or Lamb in April, I’d tell Robby and his $10-12 mill a year asking price to go f*ck themselves and re-sign DT to a relatively cheap 2 year deal.

Jeudy/Thomas/Crowder isn’t bad at all for the short term. Especially coupled with an improved OL and a more mature Darnold.

I’d actually prefer that route if we miss out on Andrew Thomas.

Invest heavily in the OL in FA, draft Jeudy/Lamb and re-sign DT, grab another OL within the first 3 rounds and another wideout in the 4th/5th.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Might not be the popular opinion, but say we land someone like Jeudy or Lamb in April, I’d tell Robby and his $10-12 mill a year asking price to go f*ck themselves and re-sign DT to a relatively cheap 2 year deal.

Jeudy/Thomas/Crowder isn’t bad at all for the short term. Especially coupled with an improved OL and a more mature Darnold.

I’d actually prefer that route if we miss out on Andrew Thomas.

Invest heavily in the OL in FA, draft Jeudy/Lamb and re-sign DT, grab another OL within the first 3 rounds and another wideout in the 4th/5th.

anderson has barely been a part of the offense lately, he scored that 1 td but no receptions the rest of the game.  the jets offense has been cooking the past 2 weeks and robbie has all of 2 receptions for 17 yards.  would rather they throw this money at an OL.

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

In 8 games he is on pace for 60/720. 

That's decent production considering he played with Luke Falk a couple of weeks. 

If he was regarded as our #1 or #2, then i would agree, but as a #3 WR he is fine. The problem is that we don't have a #1 and our TE has missed the entire year. 
DT has been more than any of us could have asked for. He's definitely been better than I expected. 

Agree 100%

If this team had a legit WR1 and decent WR2 then I'd LOVE having guys like Thomas, Robby Anderson, Vyncint Smith, etc. here.  But outside of Crowder as a slot WR none of those guys are equipped to be a WR1 and are debatable as WR2.

I like the upside of Vyncint Smith and I'm still trying to form an opinion about what his ceiling might look like.  Could he grow into a speedy WR2?  Could he be a Robby replacement?  The guy is still pretty green and needs development but I'd hang on and see what an offseason could do for him.

5 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

anderson has barely been a part of the offense lately, he scored that 1 td but no receptions the rest of the game.  the jets offense has been cooking the past 2 weeks and robbie has all of 2 receptions for 17 yards.  would rather they throw this money at an OL.

Andersons game isn't really that compatible with what we are able to do...  short and intermediate is more where we can function, OL usually not reliable enough to go truly deep. I really like RA and root for him, and defend him, but he's not the guy to get 8-10 targets , mostly w/in 10-15 yds of LOS. Can be a WR2/3 guy who comes in when we go 3 WR and SOME of the 2WR sets if wanna insure that his side of the field is lacking another defender in the above mention yardage range cos he's following RA deep. ( Buffalo did this with Reed crossing underneath and getting YAC as defenders followed Lofton upfield.)

SO if they go w/ one of the 3 top WR and can get him, RA will get his contract elsewhere and I will hope he has success hwile I hope the Jets O kicks it up a few notches.