Antonio done with the Steelers

JetFanatic

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe some of the Jets fans on here. They don't want Hunt because of what he did and now they don't want Brown because he is a headcase! This is football, these players will play and Hunt would have helped the Jets at a great price. Brown is a fantastic receiver who would help Sam immensely. I keep hearing of 50 years of losing whining on here, then when great players are available people complaining of character issues. This is the NFL, there are not a lot of choir boys around. We have already lost out on Hunt, now lets see where Brown ends up,,hopefully not with the Pats.

36 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I thought it was he didn't show up for a practice or two and the coach said he's not playing? I don't blame the coach for doing that, but I also wouldn't characterize that as Brown quitting on the team. He was certainly wrong for skipping out on practice for whatever stupid spat was going on.

The guy is potentially an all-time great receiver - I don't think it's smart to write off his career over this incident.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-steelers-wr-antonio-brown-benched-not-injured-sundays-game-220045892.html

I hear you, but the guy skipped multiple practices, a Saturday team meeting, and a walkthrough. And why? Because he wasn't getting the ball enough? Some other reason? 

That's such odd behavior. He's a wonderful talent, but I'm simply not interested in saddling Darnold with a lunatic, diva receiver. 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-steelers-wr-antonio-brown-benched-not-injured-sundays-game-220045892.html

I hear you, but the guy skipped multiple practices, a Saturday team meeting, and a walkthrough. And why? Because he wasn't getting the ball enough? Some other reason? 

That's such odd behavior. He's a wonderful talent, but I'm simply not interested in saddling Darnold with a lunatic, diva receiver. 

He was totally in the wrong and it was unprofessional. I just don't believe he quit on his team. If he quit he wouldn't have showed up for the game. Hard to believe it was because he wasn't getting the ball enough considering his numbers.

Sounds like he got wrapped up in ego and emotion and let it go too far. It can happen to the best of us.

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000619137/article/antonio-browns-steeler-stardom-the-product-of-rare-work-ethic

This is an article from 2016 - discusses his work ethic. 4 time team MVP on the Steelers (voted by his peers). I think the idea that he's just a giant cancer is over blown. 

Agreed.  It's weird to say but the Steelers are a toxic organization right now.  Tomlin has lost all control of his players and has different standards for different dudes.  Big Ben is a walking turd who openly throws everyone and anyone under the bus.  The whole team turned on Bell for doing the right thing.

It's a toxic mess and it starts with Tomlin and ends with Big Ben.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000619137/article/antonio-browns-steeler-stardom-the-product-of-rare-work-ethic

This is an article from 2016 - discusses his work ethic. 4 time team MVP on the Steelers (voted by his peers). I think the idea that he's just a giant cancer is over blown. 

Alot can change in 3 years

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's easy to find Antonio Brown's in the 6th round of the draft. That's why the Jets are always stacked with a monster receiving corps.

Anderson and Burnett we're udfa's. Lets just try to be a little hopeful. We have two 3's. Maybe we'll hit a home run. Maybe.

7 minutes ago, genot said:

Anderson and Burnett we're udfa's. Lets just try to be a little hopeful. We have two 3's. Maybe we'll hit a home run. Maybe.

Brown has more talent in his morning dumps than Anderson & Burnett combined.

The Jets hit home runs about as frequently as Roger Clemens. You have a known quantity available - it's OK to build a team in ways other than the draft. Many here seems to think the draft is the only good place to get players for some reason.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Jets hit home runs about as frequently as Roger Clemens. You have a known quantity available - it's OK to build a team in ways other than the draft. Many here seems to think the draft is the only good place to get players for some reason.

I wasn't comparing them to Brown. I was just pointing out that if you can find a solid contributor who was undrafted, we might be able to find more than that in the draft. I think posters,{including me], are worried about what a diva Wr will do to team chemistry. Which is more important than any player on the team. Except the QB.

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You can build a team through Free Agency but on average you only get 2 or 3 years of production from those players. You have to be able to draft there replacements when you let them walk so you have cheaper replacements and not kill your cap. Something few have been able too do.

2 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

You can build a team through Free Agency but on average you only get 2 or 3 years of production from those players. You have to be able to draft there replacements when you let them walk so you have cheaper replacements and not kill your cap. Something few have been able too do.

I'll bet the average years of production from Jets draft picks is around the same.

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'll bet the average years of production from Jets draft picks is around the same.

The last draft picks I can honestly say gave the Jets equal or better performance were Brick and Mangold. We are talking about building a team for the long haul and not a one year run.

2 minutes ago, King P said:

Maybe the real diva in Pittsburgh that's creating a toxic environment in Pittsburgh is the guy behind center.

But everybody wants to point the finger at every other person there besides him ?

But, the guy behind center didn't hold out or skip mandatory meetings. 

I have to blame Tomlin, to some degree. He's the guy in charge of implementing a winning culture. 

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He was totally in the wrong and it was unprofessional. I just don't believe he quit on his team. If he quit he wouldn't have showed up for the game. 

That's fair.

By the way, another one of my AB favorites:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24942401/antonio-brown-sued-allegedly-throwing-items-balcony

I just think it's obvious that this guy has had some issues over the last year or so. Pushing a woman, driving recklessly, destroying property, skipping meetings/practices, etc. The guy clearly has anger issues and he's just not someone I'm personally interested in bringing into the Jet locker room. 

He was totally in the wrong and it was unprofessional. I just don't believe he quit on his team. If he quit he wouldn't have showed up for the game. Hard to believe it was because he wasn't getting the ball enough considering his numbers.

Sounds like he got wrapped up in ego and emotion and let it go too far. It can happen to the best of us.

It's not difficult for me to envision a scenario next year where AB plays great for his new team.  I don't doubt his talent or work ethic, I just worry that with Gase, Williams and a young, developing quarterback, a trade for Brown has more potential to go south here than on other teams.  That's why I'm not on board.    

4 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

It's not difficult for me to envision a scenario next year where AB plays great for his new team.  I don't doubt his talent or work ethic, I just worry that with Gase, Williams and a young, developing quarterback, a trade for Brown has more potential to go south here than on other teams.  That's why I'm not on board.    

Could possibly see signing Brown if he becomes a Free Agent the cost of a trade plus the signing not so much. You can justify the money combine that with the loss of draft picks you are mortgaging the future.

11 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Could possibly see signing Brown if he becomes a Free Agent the cost of a trade plus the signing not so much. You can justify the money combine that with the loss of draft picks you are mortgaging the future.

What future? Macc drafts poorly AB is a proven commodity so is LB acquiring these 2 instantly improves your offense. 

3 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

My money is on Colts grabbing him. That move would make the most sense to me they are a contending team and he would be a major addition for luck to throw to

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Sounds logical Macc has to be aggressive or else we wind up with nothing with all that cap money. 

Im all for drafting DJ Metcalf at WR 

Archived