Antonio done with the Steelers

JetFanatic

Sounds logical Macc has to be aggressive or else we wind up with nothing with all that cap money. 
Im all for drafting DJ Metcalf at WR 
I don't think Brown is right for us. He is very talented but has made some major red flags this past season. He is also on the older side now he belongs with a team that is a real contender in my opinion he is not a player for a team looking to build

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What future? Macc drafts poorly AB is a proven commodity so is LB acquiring these 2 instantly improves your offense. 

The cost of a trade for Brown would be multiple picks one being a first round. Maccs future is most likely questionable. Tradeing away future picks is a disaster waiting too happen. Just my opinion.

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

There is literally nothing to suggest that's going to happen. He's coming off a season with 104 rec and 15 TD's

You're right. Never seen a top tier talent be a diva and force their way off a team and then go on to not do much. What was I thinking?

7 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Furthermore metcalf scares me i am picturing him turning into the next kelvin Benjamin

Kelvin Benjamin is a fat lazy **** that actually had some decent production before his injuries.  I don't see much to suggest that out of Metcalf. I'm more worried that he'll turn into the next Kevin White.

Kelvin Benjamin is a fat lazy **** that actually had some decent production before his injuries.  I don't see much to suggest that out of Metcalf. I'm more worried that he'll turn into the next Kevin White.
Kevin white might be a good one to take a swing at. I would imagine his contract will be of the cheap prove it type. Metcalfs biggest hit is that he is slowish he might make a good red zone target but he won't beat guys down the field is my understanding of his talents. I have also read that he has a bit of a laziness to him which is not an ideal trait (admittedly I have not watched him much)

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000619137/article/antonio-browns-steeler-stardom-the-product-of-rare-work-ethic

This is an article from 2016 - discusses his work ethic. 4 time team MVP on the Steelers (voted by his peers). I think the idea that he's just a giant cancer is over blown. 

He's also in his 30's and is going to want to use us to get paid (just like Le'veon) plus would cost us a #1.  Both of them have had their best years already.  We'd be foolish to pay either.

5 hours ago, JetFanatic said:

Thank you SteelerNation for a big 9 years...time to move on and forward..........✌? #NewDemands

Who gets him?  I think the Niners end up with him. 

I could see the Chiefs being interested.   Their 1st rounder is kind of low.  Go for it all next year.

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He's also in his 30's and is going to want to use us to get paid (just like Le'veon) plus would cost us a #1.  Both of them have had their best years already.  We'd be foolish to pay either.

Brown is under contract through 2021. I think he could be had for a trade down in the draft and we probably don't want to pick at #3 anyway.

34 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

They pick at like 20. If you would trade from 3 to 20 for a 30 year old wr who is clearly in the middle of a mental breakdown I am glad you are not our gm

Clearly in the middle of a mental breakdown? Internet psychologists are the best. I couldn't care less if you wouldn't want me to be the GM. I'm giving my opinion on a message board - not applying for a GM position. lml

Top WR's often have very productive years in their 30's. 30 was how old Randy Moss was when he got traded to the Pats, for example. It's about the age T.O. was when he went to the Eagles. Larry Fitzgerald & Jerry Rice are a couple of other good examples. I would expect someone with a work ethic like Brown to be able to continue into he 30's just fine as long as he's healthy.

I guess you'd be more happy with the best defensive tackle at #3 overall instead of Antonio Brown and a solid OL or future WR at #20 overall

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

You're right. Never seen a top tier talent be a diva and force their way off a team and then go on to not do much. What was I thinking?

Like I said, there is nothing to suggest that would happen to him based off the last 6 years of 100+ receptions and having the most TD's of his career last year. 

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Leveon played this game.  And lost.

Next up, brown.  Steelers have the upper hand.

Leveon didn't lose, he'll recoup his money with the contract he signs this year. The Steelers lost. They missed out on the playoffs by trying to run Bell into the ground and avoid paying him the 3-4 year deal he deserved. 

Now, whether he's a diva or not, they've alienated Brown also. So in two years they'll have lost the best RB and WR in the game. If you call that winning, what does losing look like?

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You refuse to take the time to learn what actually happened between Bell and the Steelers obviously.

Truth be told Bell wanted to be paid. Question is when he gets his money and he will just how motivated will he be. My hope is he will be,but there have been a number of outstanding players that once paid tanked. Grading the heart of Free Agents is almost as hard as grading draft picks.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah lets hope we can duplicate another 4 win team with good chemistry again next year. The NFL is a professional league. Grown men play in it. Winners have talent, losers worry about chemistry.

I agree that these guys are professionals and people who hate each other are expected to drop that sh*t at the door.  

But I don't think attitude/chemistry/personality can be completely ignored. 

Bell, for me at least, did what he did for understandable financial concerns - even if I disagreed with the way he went about it.  AB threw a sh*t fit before the biggest game of the season because, as I understand it, he was threatened by JuJu's ascendance.  

For me, there's enough of a distinction there to support pursuing Bell while also being wary of acquiring Brown.  One just hit 30, too.  

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah lets hope we can duplicate another 4 win team with good chemistry again next year. The NFL is a professional league. Grown men play in it. Winners have talent, losers worry about chemistry.

SORRY I MEANT TO QUOTE @genot here, not BJF

There are alot of teams that decided to stay away from Colin Kapernick. Why. Too much of of a distraction. It would split the locker room, and destroy team chemistry. That's an extreme example. A united locker room counts for something.

5 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I agree that these guys are professionals and people who hate each other are expected to drop that sh*t at the door.  

But I don't think attitude/chemistry/personality can be completely ignored. 

Bell, for me at least, did what he did for understandable financial concerns - even if I disagreed with the way he went about it.  AB threw a sh*t fit before the biggest game of the season because, as I understand it, he was threatened by JuJu's ascendance.  

For me, there's enough of a distinction there to support pursuing Bell while also being wary of acquiring Brown.  One just hit 30, too.  

I agree with everything you said.  I wasn't referring to Brown though or defending him. I was referring to a comment someone made saying he didn't want guys like Brown who "mess up team chemistry". My fault for not making that more clear.

6 minutes ago, genot said:

There are alot of teams that decided to stay away from Colin Kapernick. Why. Too much of of a distraction. It would split the locker room, and destroy team chemistry. That's an extreme example. A united locker room counts for something.

Ok, I'll grant you a tight knit locker room is better then a fractioned one. I just don't think many winning rooms are fractured. We could argue the chicken or the egg thing there though.

As far as the Kapernick thing, he'd be welcomed into any locker room in the league. I'd bet the vast majority of players support him. He's been blackballed by the league and the owners, not the players. BTW He'll be awarded about a $100 million minimum because of that when he gets his day in court.

27 minutes ago, genot said:

Teams stayed away from Kapernick because of his talent level, Brown and Bell have Hall of Fame talent, thats the difference!!

Archived