Calling it right now, Murray will go in the top 3

nico002

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gen X Jet said:

Great for the Jets if true but 5' 9", while tall for a woman, is tiny for a man (let alone an NFL player) and no way that translates to the NFL.

The average American Male is 5'9. Only 14% of the population is 6 ft+

Guess we're all tiny then

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Typical @nico002 QB related thread. We've quickly dismissed the OP as nonsense and moved onto more important matters. I'm very happy though. Thanks to you guys I've learned I'm slightly above average at something! :cheergal:

What do you disagree with? I will correct myself and say that he wasn’t  better statistically than Baker- he was virtually identical in every category. And he did it while being 2 years younger. What exactly am I saying that is so outrageous? Have you seen Murray throw the football? He’s a natural.

Also, how in the eff is this thread a knock  on Baker? I’m literally effing saying that Murray will be drafted high because of Bakers success... you are one thick mother effer.

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I have no idea if you're on point with this but to say he's 25% more talented than Russell Wilson is crazy IMO.

Ughh why? He was drafted in the TOP 10 of the MLB draft and will be a top NFL draft pick. He’s one of the most talented QBs in NFL HISTORY.

4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Ughh why? He was drafted in the TOP 10 of the MLB draft and will be a top NFL draft pick. He’s one of the most talented QBs in NFL HISTORY.

Russel Wilson is a top 10 NFL QB with a Superbowl ring. Until Murray steps on the field with the pros and proves anything it just seems like a crazy statement to me.

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He will be there at 13 and the dolphins will have a decision to make.  No one is taking this guy in the top 10, let alone the top 3.

Hes 5’9.  Do you know how small that is?

If the over/under is 10 then I'm with you....I'd take the over and expect him to go outside the Top 10.

I think Murray will be good and the NFL is changing in a way that benefits guys like him but if there were questions about Baker at 6' 1/2" then this guy will REALLY have a lot to overcome being at least 3 inches shorter than that!

He has the makeup for today's NFL....but it's not like he has a Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck arm and he's not even close to being built like Lamar Jackson.

The only thing I will say is that I'm glad he came out because it DOES help the Jets prospects of being able to move the #3 pick somehow if a team falls crazy in love with Murray.

3 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Michael Vick was more successful in his tenure as a falcon then the jets were in the same time period or since.

And Johnny Manzeil was apparently the next Brees because he was short. Like, no sh*t, people actually said this. 

7 hours ago, nico002 said:

He is far and away the most talented quarterback in this class.

He is an elite natural thrower with incredible athleticism. 

Played in same offense as Baker which is proven to translate to NFL.

Basically was better than Baker in every possible way.

He is extremely short- but he is literally a Russel Wilson clone from a play style/physical standpoint. I’d say he’s about 25% more talented than Russel.

The only semi knock I have is that he doesn’t appear to be a face of the franchise type personality.

If AZ doesn’t take him, the Jags/ Dolphins/ Broncos/ Bengals/  Redskins will trade up. 

My money right now is on the Jags.

That’s it! Keep pumping him up! Pump pump pump. Better for us if he goes top 2 or maybe someone trades the farm for our 3. This guy is the next Drew Brees . The shorter version of course. 

I have no idea if this kid could succeed in the NFL but face facts folks, this ain't your fathers NFL. Doug Flutie would be a very good QB in this league so why couldn't a kid with crazy athletic talent like Murray succeed?

There would not have even been a music city miracle if Doug Flutie started that game for the Buffalo Bills. 

RG3 never learned how to step out of bounds or slide down properly. No way Dan Snider would pass on Murray, there was a lot of excitement in Washington when RG3 exploded out of nowhere. Plus Murray throws a way more catchable ball than Lamar Jackson does. Murrays even quicker than Russell Wilson. 

8 hours ago, nico002 said:

What do you disagree with? I will correct myself and say that he wasn’t  better statistically than Baker- he was virtually identical in every category. And he did it while being 2 years younger. What exactly am I saying that is so outrageous? Have you seen Murray throw the football? He’s a natural.

Also, how in the eff is this thread a knock  on Baker? I’m literally effing saying that Murray will be drafted high because of Bakers success... you are one thick mother effer.

Started with he's better than Baker.  Move on to Baker's success means the school is now an QB powerhouse.  If Marino went to Rutgers would that make Rutgers a QB factory?  Go straight to bed 25% more talented than Wilson and stop right there, enough is enough.

11 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Other than Arizona and Kingsbury I just don’t see another HC or OC willing to go all in on this kid and the offensive style to allow the kid to thrive. Could be wrong just don’t see it.

I can see the Fins trading up for him, it would seem like a Ross/Dolphins kind of move.

8 hours ago, Jet9 said:

And Johnny Manzeil was apparently the next Brees because he was short. Like, no sh*t, people actually said this. 

the argument is not short, obv Murray is too short to be a pocket passer....you inferred that player with his skill set don't work out....and what i am saying is that the only player with his skill set was Michael Vick (more explosive, less of a refined passer)....who was plenty successful.

I don’t buy any of the hype about Kingsbury and Murray. I really can’t imagine that the Cardinals hired their new offensive genius coach for any other purpose than to get the most out of Rosen. Sure, they’ll listen to offers, but they would have to be blown away by a trade offer (and the jints aren’t the team to make that offer). 

The combine is going to tell us a lot about Murray. His actual size and how he performs in interviews are going to be critical. If he doesn’t get drafted high enough, I could see him changing his mind and playing baseball. Drafting him outside the top ten/fifteen could turn out to be a gamble. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

I don’t buy any of the hype about Kingsbury and Murray. I really can’t imagine that the Cardinals hired their new offensive genius coach for any other purpose than to get the most out of Rosen. Sure, they’ll listen to offers, but they would have to be blown away by a trade offer (and the jints aren’t the team to make that offer). 

The combine is going to tell us a lot about Murray. His actual size and how he performs in interviews are going to be critical. If he doesn’t get drafted high enough, I could see him changing his mind and playing baseball. Drafting him outside the top ten/fifteen could turn out to be a gamble. 

Agree. The Football commitment announcement is to maximise draft position. If he falls from first round he will play baseball 

5'9" might be generous, TBH. He looks more like he's 5'8".

It'll be fascinating to see where he goes. Feels like he'll be off the boards completely for many teams while others may just fall in love with him and believe they can build a scheme to maximize his talents.

I'm confident he'll be a first round pick -- my initial feeling was that he'd go in the Lamar Jackson range (late first, someone maybe trades back in) but I wouldn't be shocked if someone rolled the dice in the top ten. Doesn't seem like the Giants or Jaguars are the type of teams that would take him though.

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

5'9" might be generous, TBH. He looks more like he's 5'8".

It'll be fascinating to see where he goes. Feels like he'll be off the boards completely for many teams while others may just fall in love with him and believe they can build a scheme to maximize his talents.

I'm confident he'll be a first round pick -- my initial feeling was that he'd go in the Lamar Jackson range (late first, someone maybe trades back in) but I wouldn't be shocked if someone rolled the dice in the top ten. Doesn't seem like the Giants or Jaguars are the type of teams that would take him though.

If he goes top 10, he needs to buy Mayfield a bottle of Cristal.

3 minutes ago, slats said:

Good, you shouldn’t.6D3A89A5-8037-49C0-B825-5731F0508D7D.thumb.jpeg.c8bd2ba5472ac9b382d9653bb3f4e123.jpeg

But this hire is stupid to me because Rosen doesn’t fit his system at all. Rosen is a traditional drop back passer and definitely nothing like Kliff is accustomed to. If he’s actually some kind of genius, he’ll figure it out.

he is going to go top 7 no questions asked...the question is does he go higher. for me it comes down to...

pros:

super kid / unlike say Baker or Manziel
electrifying athlete (lamar jackson level runner, prob notch below vick)
record breaking passer in an offense that is all the rage now
following Baker who was very successful in the NFL as a rookie
only QB in this draft graded as a franchise QB by PFF

cons:

height
injury concern (although i am not sure he has been hurt much)
no precedent for a 5'9 QB drafted top 10 

the case for some GM to pull the trigger is just too compelling....

14 hours ago, nico002 said:

He is far and away the most talented quarterback in this class.

He is an elite natural thrower with incredible athleticism. 

Played in same offense as Baker which is proven to translate to NFL.

Basically was better than Baker in every possible way.

He is extremely short- but he is literally a Russel Wilson clone from a play style/physical standpoint. I’d say he’s about 25% more talented than Russel.

The only semi knock I have is that he doesn’t appear to be a face of the franchise type personality.

If AZ doesn’t take him, the Jags/ Dolphins/ Broncos/ Bengals/  Redskins will trade up. 

My money right now is on the Jags.

I agree, I think the giants or raiders could give up their first for Rosen and ARZ does actually draft him... Then they can come back with a 2nd top 6 pick to draft a lineman. 

Just now, Beerfish said:

I pray some team thinks as much and thus allows us to trade down. 

There is no QB in this draft imo that is worth trading up for, just have to hope QB desperate teams fall in love with one of these guys at the combine or at personal workouts.

the above usually does happen.  Just not in a "Geno Smith" type year, which this is not.

49 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Good, you shouldn’t.6D3A89A5-8037-49C0-B825-5731F0508D7D.thumb.jpeg.c8bd2ba5472ac9b382d9653bb3f4e123.jpeg

But this hire is stupid to me because Rosen doesn’t fit his system at all. Rosen is a traditional drop back passer and definitely nothing like Kliff is accustomed to. If he’s actually some kind of genius, he’ll figure it out. 

Oh, well, if it was said on Twitter, that makes it official then!

Teams and coaches aren't ever known for lying and doing something completely different from what they said.  Not in the NFL. 

Kliff can say this and still not be lying.  Josh Rosen is indeed his guy.  Right now, in February.  When he drafts Murray, Murray will be his guy but say they're not looking to trade Rosen.  "Josh is on our roster." 

Then he'll trade Rosen and wish him well on Twitter.

Archived