Calling it right now, Murray will go in the top 3

nico002

14 hours ago, nico002 said:

Calling it right now, Murray will go in the top 3

Top 3 of what?  Elevator shoe sales?

image.png.cb2329c601fafad234f349e0da16cd05.png

NOBODY is drafting a 5'9" QB in the NFL with a top three pick.

He would go in the first round in the AAF, and possibly the CFL, but not the NFL.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see Murray going top 10, could be talked into top 3. I don't think he is better than Baker, he's a lot shorter than Baker and probably will check in 2 inches shorter than Wilson. I'm glad we don't have to take the risk on him but I can understand a team pulling the trigger, especially if they don't have to trade up for him.

This league is run by QBs, Murray will be intriguing. Remember lots of people thought Baker would be a mid first to late first pick.

He will be there at 13 and the dolphins will have a decision to make.  No one is taking this guy in the top 10, let alone the top 3.
Hes 5’9.  Do you know how small that is?

Is he a legit 5’9” or are those numbers enhanced a bit? He looked tiny on Dan Patrick’s show. I’m 5’10”
And he looks to be up to my boobs

15 hours ago, nico002 said:

He is far and away the most talented quarterback in this class.

He is an elite natural thrower with incredible athleticism. 

Played in same offense as Baker which is proven to translate to NFL.

Basically was better than Baker in every possible way.

He is extremely short- but he is literally a Russel Wilson clone from a play style/physical standpoint. I’d say he’s about 25% more talented than Russel.

The only semi knock I have is that he doesn’t appear to be a face of the franchise type personality.

If AZ doesn’t take him, the Jags/ Dolphins/ Broncos/ Bengals/  Redskins will trade up. 

My money right now is on the Jags.

Your calling it is noted.

Good, you shouldn’t.6D3A89A5-8037-49C0-B825-5731F0508D7D.thumb.jpeg.c8bd2ba5472ac9b382d9653bb3f4e123.jpeg
But this hire is stupid to me because Rosen doesn’t fit his system at all. Rosen is a traditional drop back passer and definitely nothing like Kliff is accustomed to. If he’s actually some kind of genius, he’ll figure it out.

If the Giants were smart they’d inquire with AZ about trading for Rosen. He’d fit right in with their douchiness

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh, well, if it was said on Twitter, that makes it official then!

Teams and coaches aren't ever known for lying and doing something completely different from what they said.  Not in the NFL. 

Kliff can say this and still not be lying.  Josh Rosen is indeed his guy.  Right now, in February.  When he drafts Murray, Murray will be his guy but say they're not looking to trade Rosen.  "Josh is on our roster." 

Then he'll trade Rosen and wish him well on Twitter.

Do you actually think a professional GM is going to trade up and invest valuable draft picks into getting to #10 overall just to give up on him a year after despite playing behind a terrible OL, having Steve Wilks as the HC and having the OC fired mid-season all in his rookie year?

You seriously think there is a chance or are you just trying to be a smart ass towards me for taking the word of their head coach? Forget taking the word of their head coach. How about for not believing something will happen that makes zero sense.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

1.) this came from the official twitter account of the AZ Cardinals and was quoted from the mouth of their HC, himself.

2.) Do you actually think a professional GM is going to trade up and invest valuable draft picks into getting to #10 overall just to give up on him a year after despite playing behind a terrible OL, having Steve Wilks as the HC and having the OC fired mid-season all in his rookie year?

You seriously think there is a chance or are you just trying to be a smart ass towards me for taking the word of their head coach? Forget taking the word of their head coach. How about for not believing something will happen that makes zero sense.

Yes, I think there's always a chance that this happens.  New regimes almost always mean new QB's.  If Kingsbury isn't sold on Josh Rosen, I could easily see this happening. 

Why would he take the job and pair himself with a QB he doesn't trust, knowing he doesn't have to?  And why would the Cardinals hire him and then tell him he has to make it work with a QB he doesn't like?  Yes, there's a chance he loves Josh Rosen and this is all moot.  But if he does NOT, its not crazy at all. 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

But this hire is stupid to me because Rosen doesn’t fit his system at all. Rosen is a traditional drop back passer and definitely nothing like Kliff is accustomed to. If he’s actually some kind of genius, he’ll figure it out.

Curious where you're getting this from.  The only QB that Kingsbury has coached who was mobile and chose to run the ball is Mahomes and Manziel back at A&M but those were more of guys who scrambled to get out trouble vs. designed runs.  Everyone else he's coached is a drop back passer. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why would he take the job and pair himself with a QB he doesn't trust

He just wouldn’t of taken the job then. Besides, there is really no reason to speculate anything of the sort as of right now. He’s even publicly said that he thinks Rosen is a tremendous QB and is excited to work with him.

This is very hard stretch of the imagination that anything like that will happen, imo.

Just now, JiF said:

Curious where you're getting this from.  The only QB that Kingsbury has coached who was mobile and chose to run the ball is Mahomes and Manziel back at A&M but those were more of guys who scrambled to get out trouble vs. designed runs.  Everyone else he's coached is a drop back passer. 

The only ones I’m aware of during his time at TT is Mahomes, Manziel, Baker and Davis Webb. His starting QB’s could all move around and compliment this run and gun air raid style that he has.

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He just wouldn’t of taken the job then. Besides, there is really no reason to speculate anything of the sort as of right now. He’s even publicly said that he thinks Rosen is a tremendous QB and is excited to work with him.

This is very hard stretch of the imagination that anything like that will happen, imo. 

All I'm saying is its hard to trust what anybody says publicly on matters like this. 

He might well be telling the truth, and likes Rosen a lot.  But if he likes Murray a little more, that would be the difference.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I pray some team thinks as much and thus allows us to trade down. 

There is no QB in this draft imo that is worth trading up for, just have to hope QB desperate teams fall in love with one of these guys at the combine or at personal workouts.

agreed !.. hopefully we can trade down & pick up some more picks  ?

19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The only ones I’m aware of during his time at TT is Mahomes, Manziel, Baker and Davis Webb. His starting QB’s could all move around and compliment this run and gun air raid style that he has.

Davis Webb had -100 rushing yards in college.  Nick Shimonek had - 100 as well.   When he ran the same system at Houston, Case Keenum was his QB.  Mayfield had 100 yards rushing under Kingsbury at Tech much more running at Oklahoma. 

Mahomes and Manziel are the only 2 guys who fit your criteria for his system.

So...I think Rosen fits his system just fine. 

15 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Other than Arizona and Kingsbury I just don’t see another HC or OC willing to go all in on this kid and the offensive style to allow the kid to thrive. Could be wrong just don’t see it.

Agreed. Can't see this kid going anywhere near the top 3 IMHO. I'm anxious to see his actual height at the combine.

3 hours ago, k-met57 said:

the argument is not short, obv Murray is too short to be a pocket passer....you inferred that player with his skill set don't work out....and what i am saying is that the only player with his skill set was Michael Vick (more explosive, less of a refined passer)....who was plenty successful.

Only player with his skill set, really? 

17 hours ago, nico002 said:

He is far and away the most talented quarterback in this class.

He is an elite natural thrower with incredible athleticism. 

Played in same offense as Baker which is proven to translate to NFL.

Basically was better than Baker in every possible way.

He is extremely short- but he is literally a Russel Wilson clone from a play style/physical standpoint. I’d say he’s about 25% more talented than Russel.

The only semi knock I have is that he doesn’t appear to be a face of the franchise type personality.

If AZ doesn’t take him, the Jags/ Dolphins/ Broncos/ Bengals/  Redskins will trade up. 

My money right now is on the Jags.

Yet the Jags don't pick in the top 3. Hmmmm :-k

13 hours ago, nico002 said:

Ughh why? He was drafted in the TOP 10 of the MLB draft and will be a top NFL draft pick. He’s one of the most talented QBs in NFL HISTORY.

You have the nerve to call me a "... one thick mother effer?" Plain and simple, you're a joke people here line up to laugh at.

18 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He will be there at 13 and the dolphins will have a decision to make.  No one is taking this guy in the top 10, let alone the top 3.

Hes 5’9.  Do you know how small that is?

I hope he doesn't wind up in our division.  I think people are underestimating him.

So, yeah, the Giants should totally evaluate whether Haskins or Rosen is the better prospect, because I’m guessing the six pick gets Rosen from Arizona tomorrow and the Giants have zero time to spare. I’d offer the 6 for Rosen and a 3 and I’d laugh all the way to the bank.

6 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

You have the nerve to call me a "... one thick mother effer?" Plain and simple, you're a joke people here line up to laugh at.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen you make a post with any substance or argument behind it.

How Kyler Murray elevation could help Jets get big draft haul

February 13, 2019 | 8:07pm

Modal Trigger
Mike Maccagnan
Jets GM Mike MaccagnanRobin Alam/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

A year after trading up to get their quarterback, the Jets might be able to trade down this year and get a haul in the draft.

Sitting with the No. 3 pick, the Jets could be able to find a trade partner who is desperate to land one of the top quarterbacks in this year’s draft. The announcement Monday by Oklahoma’s Kyler Murray that he is choosing football over baseball only helps the Jets’ chances.

Many people do not consider Murray a top-five talent, but everyone knows what happens to quarterbacks in the draft — their stock climbs with each passing day. A year ago, no one was talking about another quarterback from Oklahoma — Baker Mayfield — being the No. 1 pick in the draft. He was considered by most people to be the fourth-best quarterback available. But there he was in April getting his name called first by the Browns.

Let’s say Murray has a good showing at the NFL Scouting Combine in two weeks and he measures bigger than people expected, interest will rise. He and Ohio State’s Dwayne Haskins appear to be the only possible top-10 quarterbacks.

For the Jets, they have to hope a few teams behind them fall in love with one of those quarterbacks and become desperate to move up. It is a strange year because the top three teams in the draft — the Cardinals, 49ers and Jets — all just made commitments to young quarterbacks.

The Raiders are a wild card at No. 4. Jon Gruden appears to be committed to Derek Carr, but you never know with Gruden. The Giants at No. 6 and the Jaguars at No. 7 are where the quarterback market heats up. Beyond that, the Broncos (No. 10) may still be in the market for a young quarterback despite reportedly trading for Joe Flacco. The Bengals (No. 11), Dolphins (13) and Redskins (15) all could be looking, too.

Teams may view leap-frogging the Giants as the hurdle they have to clear to get the quarterback. That would mean jumping to 5, where the Buccaneers are. But if there are multiple teams intrigued by quarterbacks or if the Raiders are thought to be interested in a quarterback, the Jets could be able to shop the No. 3 pick.

Trading down would be ideal for general manager Mike Maccagnan, who has multiple holes to fill on his roster and only six picks. He might be able to get a second-round pick back, which he gave up in the trade with the Colts to move up to No. 3 last year.

A fascinating scenario is if the Giants are the team that calls the Jets to move up to get a quarterback. The two teams have made only one trade, but Maccagnan would surely be happy to field a call from his Giants counterpart, Dave Gettleman. It is not as if the two teams are averse to dealing with each other. The Jets tried to make a draft-day trade with the Giants in 2016 and the Giants privately wondered why the Jets did not engage them last year when they were trying to trade up and the Giants held the No. 2 pick.

Recent history shows that teams in need of a quarterback will be willing to deal. Since 2016, there have been 11 quarterbacks drafted in the first round. In 10 of those instances, the team traded up to draft the quarterback. Only the Browns did not move up to get Mayfield last year because they already had the No. 1 pick. The Jets (Sam Darnold), Bills (Josh Allen), Cardinals (Josh Rosen and Ravens (Lamar Jackson) all traded up. In 2017, the Bears (Mitch Trubisky), Chiefs (Patrick Mahomes and Texans (Deshaun Watson) all moved up.

The craze began in 2016, when the Rams and Eagles both made aggressive moves to the No. 1 and 2 spots, respectively, to take Jared Goff and Carson Wentz. The Broncos also moved up that year to select Paxton Lynch.

21 minutes ago, nico002 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen you make a post with any substance or argument behind it.

And yet you're the Village Idi.. ah never mind, I'm not going to say it. Its not worth getting in trouble here because of an exchange with you. So you just keep on being you, and we'll keep regarding you the way we do.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

So, yeah, the Giants should totally evaluate whether Haskins or Rosen is the better prospect, because I’m guessing the six pick gets Rosen from Arizona tomorrow and the Giants have zero time to spare. I’d offer the 6 for Rosen and a 3 and I’d laugh all the way to the bank.

Rosen would be a good move for the giants.  He can sit behind Eli a year or two and learn

9 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Not true, actually. 

5'9 is the average adult male height in the U.S. I was going by his listed height, which is "5'11" (It is surmised that, in actuality, he is more like 5'9)

Wow, didn’t know that.  My daddy was born in 1922, both parents from Mexico....and he was 6’3, size 13 shoes, and hands like ham hocks.  In his military photos with his service buddies, he was taller than most of the Anglo soldiers.

He always looked like a giant to me.  Guess he was.

12 hours ago, slats said:

I don’t buy any of the hype about Kingsbury and Murray. I really can’t imagine that the Cardinals hired their new offensive genius coach for any other purpose than to get the most out of Rosen. Sure, they’ll listen to offers, but they would have to be blown away by a trade offer (and the jints aren’t the team to make that offer). 

Yesterday  Kingsbury  was quoted as saying "Rosen is my guy".  So that should end that speculation.  Even if it was a red herring thrown out there by Kliff the Genius, he would destroy his reputation and credibility if he reversed course, without ever having coached a down in the NFL.  So the Cardinals trading Rosen and drafting Murray speculation should now be officially declared dead.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I don't think the Giants need to move from 6 to get any of these QBs this year. I don't think they'd want or will have the option to get Rosen either. They let that ship sailed when they chose Barkley, 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Rosen would be a good move for the giants.  He can sit behind Eli a year or two and learn

Here's the rub with that. The Giants could've taken him last year if they thought he was worth taking/developing. I understand how much they liked Barkley, but if they didn't like Rosen then, I doubt they like him now. 

I also think the Giants are in a great spot right at 6 to get any QB, if that's what they decide they want. I could also see them saying no thanks, and playing the Eli contract out, then make the move for QB in 2020.

9 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I don't think the Giants need to move from 6 to get any of these QBs this year. I don't think they'd want or will have the option to get Rosen either. They let that ship sailed when they chose Barkley, 

Here's the rub with that. The Giants could've taken him last year if they thought he was worth taking/developing. I understand how much they liked Barkley, but if they didn't like Rosen then, I doubt they like him now. 

I also think the Giants are in a great spot right at 6 to get any QB, if that's what they decide they want. I could also see them saying no thanks, and playing the Eli contract out, then make the move for QB in 2020.

Well the giants now have a chance to make up for a mistake not taking a qb

Archived