Flacco to the Broncos

rayzor

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

NFL defensive coordinators are going to chew him up and spit him out. Watch what they do with a can of film and a full off season. Dude doesn't even protect his body - he'll be lucky to walk off the field on his own.

And you could just easily spin that in the opposite direction, with opening the offense up after a year under his belt. 

There's risk of course with Lamar, i'm not ignorant -- but to be so sure of "oh yea, this kid's career is going to be short"... is based on, what? Certaintly not the fact that he won more games than Sam in year 1. 

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

What a strange fan base Jets fans are. We take every opportunity to knock Mayfield, Rosen, Allen and Jackson's rookie seasons and the teams that picked them. We wonder how long they'll survive in the league while we collectively thank the football gods for allowing Darnold to fall into our laps. We give him every benefit of the doubt, and are convinced he'll be a superstar FQB while they flop.

This is so ridiculously true, and at least for me -- is a real source of friction. Mob of Ray Liottas who are constantly trying to prop oursevles up at the (often empty) expense of others... 

11 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Sorry but I just dont get this.Screenshot_20190213-112356_Bleacher%20Report.jpeg

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

Case keenum was throwing the ball to Demerius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Adam Theiline, stefon diggs. 

Joe flacco was throwing the ball to.... Breshad Perriman? I can't even name a good wr the Ravens have had in the last 3 years.

Case keenum was throwing the ball to Demerius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Adam Theiline, stefon diggs. 
Joe flacco was throwing the ball to.... Breshad Perriman? I can't even name a good wr the Ravens have had in the last 3 years.
True but at least 2 of those guys are past their prime I'm still not impressed

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

BAL is really rolling the dice with Jackson as their #1 QB.  DC's are going to go to school on his
tendencies in the off-season, he better correct his issues quick.  The first time a team saw him
twice (LAC playoffs) it wasn't pretty

Since they're out of the running for an obvious improvement at QB in the draft or free agency it makes sense for Baltimore to put all their eggs into the "develop Jackson" basket. The worst that could happen is that he flops and they start all over, and in the end I'd say that's still a better result than running with Joe for another year and remaining stagnant. Whether Jackson develops as full fledged threat through the air or not the organization moves forward, and that's what's most important.

Meanwhile I think Denver is just made an unnecessary lateral move, one that will keep them on a treadmill. I really don't see much of a difference between Case and Joe right now, the cost, their upside, their experience, it's all rather relative at this point in time.

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Depending on what they gave up for Flacco, I could DEFINITELY see them still in the market for a QB, especially if they are trading Keenum back to the Ravens.

Every team that drafted a QB at the top of the 1st round last year brought in a veteran QB (Tyrod Taylor/Mccown/Bradford/McCarron). The only thing that separates the Broncos is if they still have Keenum under contract and Elway's desperation. 

Arizona didn't bring in Aj  McCarron( Raiders traded for him). Mike Glennon was the Qb they brought in for a Josh Rosen.

Denver made that trade probably to be able to draft one of the top cb's with their first pick in this draft.   ( they aren't moving up for a Qb)That defense hasn't been the same as they need another CB .

Jaguars I see most likely team to get N Foles.   ( Eagles aren't going to let him go to the Redskins.  Only thing maybe preventing that is a lot money they are paying Bortles.  The Giants probably can get their Qb at 6.    Redskins could be a team to look out for.   15 is a big drop back in the draft.   

4 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Arizona didn't bring in Aj  McCarron( Raiders traded for him). Mike Glennon was the Qb they brought in for a Josh Rosen.

Denver made that trade probably to be able to draft one of the top cb's with their first pick in this draft.   ( they aren't moving up for a Qb)That defense hasn't been the same as they need another CB .

Jaguars I see most likely team to get N Foles.   ( Eagles aren't going to let him go to the Redskins.  Only thing maybe preventing that is a lot money they are paying Bortles.

Who said Arizona brought in McCarron? They brought in Bradford. Glennon was 3rd string and only came late in the year because the Cards didn't want Bradford to give him his weekly roster bonus.

McCarron was brought in by the Bills. He was only traded to the Raiders later. No idea, how as a Raiders fans you didn't know that. But I understand why, as a Raiders fan,  you may have blocked out chunks of this past season. 

The point was, and still stands, that each team that drafted a QB in the 1st round either had, or brought in, a QB that was "allegedly" a starting/veteran QB. It's done as insurance and to mask that teams desire to draft/trade up for a QB. 

2 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

That sucks... However Joe isnt exactly young... They still could target a QB in the draft...

Yes...but not in the Top 5 IMO.....and not in this QB class.  If someone falls to them then maybe use a 1st rounder but I think the Broncos believe they have a good Defense and a few key pieces on offense (RBs) to compete.  I think they'll target WR in Round 1.

Good move for Denver I think the ravens are foolish and will move in the wrong direction. How many of these dual threat qbs have worked out? I like Jackson as a prospect but if I were the ravens front office and wanted my team to win games I am not putting him in if flacco is on the roster and healthy

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Broncos trading for Flacco still leaves at least 4-5 teams with immediate (or 2020) QB needs like Jags, Giants, Redskins, Dolphins, and maybe Raiders, Tampa, and Patriots.  I'd submit that there are only two other starting caliber QBs available via free agency/trade and that's Nick Foles and Teddy Bridgewater.  If we hear that Foles goes to Jacksonville and Bridgewater ends up in Washington then I don't think there will really be any competition to trade up to #3 for a QB this year.  I would think Murray and Haskins fall to the Raiders and Giants without either team needing to trade up.  JMHO.

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

I wonder if we could get a draft pick from Denver in exchange for taking on Keenum and his insane salary to be Sam’s backup. 

Depends on how badly they want to shed his salary.

I'd happily move from #3 to #10 if they threw in Keenum, a 2nd, 3rd, and their 2020 first! Flacco is garbage so that 2020 pick could be a top 10 selection. 

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Broncos trading for Flacco still leaves at least 4-5 teams with immediate (or 2020) QB needs like Jags, Giants, Redskins, Dolphins, and maybe Raiders, Tampa, and Patriots.  I'd submit that there are only two other starting caliber QBs available via free agency/trade and that's Nick Foles and Teddy Bridgewater.  If we hear that Foles goes to Jacksonville and Bridgewater ends up in Washington then I don't think there will really be any competition to trade up to #3 for a QB this year.  I would think Murray and Haskins fall to the Raiders and Giants without either team needing to trade up.  JMHO.

This.  No one is going to be burning the phone lines to the Jets wanting to move up.

57 minutes ago, Paradis said:

And you could just easily spin that in the opposite direction, with opening the offense up after a year under his belt. 

There's risk of course with Lamar, i'm not ignorant -- but to be so sure of "oh yea, this kid's career is going to be short"... is based on, what? Certaintly not the fact that he won more games than Sam in year 1. 

What does this have to do with Darnold?

I've already explained why I think his career is going to be short. If you don't want to read it, that's fine but don't quote me and ask me to repeat myself.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What does this have to do with Darnold?

I've already explained why I think his career is going to be short. If you don't want to read it, that's fine but don't quote me and ask me to repeat myself.

I could have been much less obtuse and simply said , I don’t agree lol 

Stubborn one that Elway.  Guess he got tired of wasting draft picks on "less than" quarterback choices.  Doesn't seem to be very good at that.  In fact he doesn't seem to be very good at acquiring "established" quarterbacks either. So this is supposed to be an upgrade from Case Keenum?  I don't see it that way.  Lateral move, at best.  What is the plan here Elway?  If he thinks this will make them a contender next year, he is in for a rude awakening.  This team needs help in many areas, quarterback was not the most pressing need. Good luck.  I don't think this hurts the Jets chances of trading down either.  Flacco was going to go somewhere and obviously Elway wasn't going in on one of the rookie quarterbacks anyway.

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Broncos should still be in the market round 1 for a QB. They’d be dumb not to be. Then again, the difference between Flacco and Keenum in negligible. I have no idea what either team is doing at QB, but I’m glad they’re both in the AFC. 

????   One has a super strong arm and the other has a noodle arm.  

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He may not be, but Flacco hasn't been a quality NFL QB for a number of years. They could bring in Case keenum and get the same garbage production. Flacco is just a name that had a good run one year to win the SB. He's been trash the last few years. 

flacco needs an oline.  so did peyton.  elway can get one.  this should be a good fit.  and elllway really needs a win at the position.  flacco is still better than the line of clowns they got after manning.

7 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

who got hurt last year, Darnold or Jackson?  

Jackson actually had a real offensive line in front of him and a coach that did not have his head up his ass.  Don't know how you can watch him play and not see RG3+ all over again.  Very inaccurate passer and he will get himself killed running the ball the way he does, probably sooner than later.

28 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Jackson actually had a real offensive line in front of him and a coach that did not have his head up his ass.  Don't know how you can watch him play and not see RG3+ all over again.  Very inaccurate passer and he will get himself killed running the ball the way he does, probably sooner than later.

RGIII had sticks for legs, and never looked to get down or OB. Jackson has played this way his whole life and hasn't ever been hurt. With the new rules protecting QBs, we have to start looking at these mobile guys differently then we did even 3,4 years ago. He certainly needs to improve his accuracy, but so do Darnold, Allen and Rosen. None of them looked like Montana last year, and if Darnold didn't get that month break to heal and "clear his head" he was well on his way to setting the rookie INT record. Or as  nico liked to say "lead rookie QBs in punting".

Back to Jackson, I heard something during a late season Ravens game that has stuck with me. The lead announcer said something about how well Jackson was playing, and the analyst, (I can't remember who) said "Yes, he's playing great, and he's doing it in an offense built for Flacco. Sure they've added packages for Jackson, but next year they will be all in on him. They'll revamp the playbook entirely, and bring in players who suit the new offense better." That fascinated me, and even though I've always hated the Ravens/Ray Lewis, I'll be interested to watch it play out if that turns out to be their plan.

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

not even reading the comments.

horrible move by denver is my pov

Why?  Keenum is a JAG one year wonder.  Lynch is a waste of time they moved on from and they don’t have a good enough roster to be trading up for Haskins

Flacco isn’t great but he’s a young Elway compared to every qb they had since Manning

Archived