choon328

Crowell Expected to be Released after the Jets sign a new RB in FA

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This is a ridiculous post. The rebuild started two years ago and the guy orchestrating it is the guy who signed Crowell last year to a multi-year deal. This, plain and simple, is a failure.

Yup.

The team is saving a total of 3 million by doing this.   So, they should be able to sign a better player for those 3 million

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Doesn't make much sense.  He's only a $5M cap hit, and we only save $3M by cutting him ($4M if we wait until after June 1).  The only reason to let him go would be if we get a significant upgrade at the position. 

Why not at least try to float him in a trade offer somewhere?

This may be floating him for that trade offer. Teams know he available.  IMO, the reasons for this are to let agents know we are seriously in the RB market for a top tier guy, Bell or Coleman.  It lets teams know we plan to dump Crowell, so maybe we can get some small trinket back.  These kind of stories were out there about Henry Anderson.  About Richardson and Kearse before they were dealt for each other.  Same with Demario Davis. Gase also might not like him.  He seems like a character concern and a bad way to enter a locker room. 

27 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

So Spencer Long and Isiah Crowell, both signed to multi-year contracts both dumped after one season.

Why is Mac still employed again?

I was thinking the EXACT same thing!

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Doesn't make much sense.  He's only a $5M cap hit, and we only save $3M by cutting him ($4M if we wait until after June 1).  The only reason to let him go would be if we get a significant upgrade at the position. 

He's due a $2 million bonus on the 3rd day of the new season. If they release/trade him before that day there is no dead money. 

This leak is also intentionally done to let other teams know he's available to be traded. It's done all of the time in the NFL. If a trade is going to happen it has to happen quicky after the new season begins so the Jets will want to start negotiating with teams now.

30 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

So Spencer Long and Isiah Crowell, both signed to multi-year contracts both dumped after one season.

it is totally unreal that he is taking almost no heat from the media at all.  They are always he last to clue in on these type of things.

6 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Yup.

The team is saving a total of 3 million by doing this.   So, they should be able to sign a better player for those 3 million

$3 million doesn't seem like a lot but if they can get something for him that would be nice plus that's about half of what it'll cost to sign the draft class. Every little bit helps. And I think they have a good idea Bell is coming here so there was no room for Crowell. 

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

He's "expected" to part ways.  It depends on Bell?  If Bell falls through, i'm ok with a Crowell/Coleman combo.

he is gone.  Gase is not dealing with him.  

This team will have a much different personality under Gase than Bowles.  It is a complete 180 degree turn.  

42 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's absolutely stunning.  What a total failure in every single sense of the word.  If it werent for the Giants false hope in Eli Manning, this boob would have Jamal Adams to hang his hat on.  Worthless.

And people are excited about him having all this cap space?  Ugh.  

39 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because he's terrible?  Seriously.  Watching him run was painful.  I've never in my life see a player so incapable of producing an extra yard or create something out of nothing in my entire life.  One of the many that gave up on this team. What a turd.

I see this as a sign they're going to pursue a RB heavily. 

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

This.  He is a guy I rooted for simply because of the jersey on his back.  He was thrown out of Georgia after a year.  And now I get to say goodbye to him after a season again.  He is just a bad guy and a mediocre, replaceable football player.  I will be very happy when he is no longer on a team I root for.  Good riddance. 

Lucky he couldn't get into Wharton. 

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Because he understands the cap better than you and knows that sometimes it's worth taking a flier on players when they cost of cutting them is zero (or close to it). 

Spencer Long signing, where we can cut him with zero cap hit is a better signing that Nate Solder who was average yet they are stuck with him at 17 million cap hit whether they want to or not.   

Yes, it's actually a good strategy to continually waste money on players that have no long term future and keep a revolving door at certain positions. 

That, ladies and gentleman, is how you rebuild the Big Mac way baby!!!!