Crowell Expected to be Released after the Jets sign a new RB in FA

choon328

9 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Clearly the issue here is you're looking at this situation in a vacuum, which is extraordinarily flawed logic.  If this situation were an outlier for Maccagnan, no one would give the tiniest flake of sh*t.  However, in reality, the failures of his signings is a never-ending constant for him, and just one week into the NFL offseason, before the new league year has even begun, we've already tacked two more names onto the list of incompetence, which includes the overwhelming majority of the moves Macc has made in his tenure here.

No one said you can't bash Macc's bad moves. There are more than enough to go around.

But when you bash signing Long/Cro, you just don't get it. Those deals were fine. We got production this past year and it's not costing us in future years. It's like bashing Macc for trading away too much to get Darnold, but at the same time saying Darnold is going to be great. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Where is the ridiculous part?  That it is a different day, different team?  Sorry bud, it is.  In "Gase" you haven't noticed we have virtually a completely different Coaching staff, and only 20 something players remain from the 2018 roster.  If that's not a rebuild, please tell me what you would call it? 

I would call it "even more evidence of failure of the 'rebuild' started in 2017."

What else do you have a problem with?  Is it your contention that Crowell had a good season last year?  If you feel that way, I disagree. 

No. It is my contention that it was an awful signing at the time. I said so when it was made in 2018.

That too, is not ridiculous.  Should we have kept him?  That would have been almost ridiculous. Is it because I didn't turn the post into another "Let's bash Maccagnan" thread?  Oh, that must be it.  Must every comment and observation, on each and every thread, be a referendum on Maccagnan?  If you choose to do that, go at it.  That is what should seem ridiculous.  I, on the other hand have moved past it.

Yes, it's a let's bash Maccagnan thing. Because his consistent failure permeates every aspect of this organization. If you don't like hearing people complain about how Mike Maccganan is bad at his job I would think that a NYJ fan message board is not the right place for you to spend your time.

9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I would call it "even more evidence of failure of the 'rebuild' started in 2017."

No. It is my contention that it was an awful signing at the time. I said so when it was made in 2018.

Yes, it's a let's bash Maccagnan thing. Because his consistent failure permeates every aspect of this organization. If you don't like hearing people complain about how Mike Maccganan is bad at his job I would think that a NYJ fan message board is not the right place for you to spend your time.

If every post that you make is based on the premise of bashing Mike Maccagnan this can't be very much fun for you.  That doesn't make my post ridiculous, it just makes you obsessed. I like reading your posts  You are better than that. This is a New York Jets message board, not a bash Mike Maccagnan board.  Perhaps it is you who should go start a blog. Stop being ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

good.  I don't like him at all.  He's inconsistent and sometimes a liability on the field.  And his off-the-field personality is that of a major azzhole.  His post showing a police officer bleeding out with a slit throat was enough for me.  My daughter's fiance is a NJ State Police Trooper and I take Crowell's disgusting post personally.  His wiping his arse gesture in the end zone was also horrible and not funny in the least.  

Goodbye Isaiah.  DOn't let the door hit your empty head on the way out.  And instead of wishing you luck elsewhere, as I would normally do, GFY and drop dead or both.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say you didn’t buy his jersey. 

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Agreed. It's still an example of a failed signing that demonstrates Mac isn't good at picking players.

Mac has proven himself to be an abyssmally bad talent evaluator.  On all levels.. from collegiate to veteran acquisition.  

He is such a major doofus, but somehow the brainless ownership of this team thought it wise to let him continue here.

18 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

If every post that you make is based on the premise of bashing Mike Maccagnan this can't be very much fun for you.  That doesn't make my post ridiculous, it just makes you obsessed. I like reading your posts  You are better than that. This is a New York Jets message board, not a bash Mike Maccagnan board.  Perhaps it is you who should go start a blog. Stop being ridiculous.

I post all the time about different things unrelated to Mike Maccganan's failures... I do, however, think a thread about a failed Mike Maccganan signing is a fair place to complain about him.

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

He didn’t have a pappy that paid for his exceptance to an “Ivy League” school.

Any moron can get in Wharton if the school is paid off...

you have no idea what you are talking about.  Just try "buying" your way into Wharton.  LOL.  And the word is "acceptance" not "exceptance".  But spelling doesn't count.  Not even at Wharton.

@Lith  Hey Larry, how much money did dad contribute to U Penn to get you into Wharton?   Ahahahahaha.  Too funny if it weren't so stupid.

11 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I post all the time about different things unrelated to Mike Maccganan's failures... I do, however, think a thread about a failed Mike Maccganan signing is a fair place to complain about him.

Again, I said I like your posts. It is disingenuous to call my post "ridiculous" and then berate me because I didn't fulfill your expectations for ripping Maccagnan in a thread commenting on Isiah Crowell.  You, this time, were in the wrong.

Getting back to the real football topic...

I think there is an important shift going on with Long and Crowell.

Neither player is great, and both were and are overpaid, but they are both better than anything else the Jets have on the roster.  So they were rebuilding, but did not want to win zero games and get fired. 

I think Mac last year was overpaying somewhat to have warm bodies on the team to make up for his bad draft picks.

The Jets seem more confident this year that they could sign players who are better, for likely more money (which they have).

The Jets would have been better off scouring practice squads and trading players for draft picks (any round) to fill the roster with super cheap players that way, rather than sign guys like Crowell and Long.  

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I said this elswhere --- i don't like it. 

If only because - Macc will fck it up. He'll swing for Bell, miss -- panic and sign some overpaid COP back like Coleman, and torpedo any chance of drafting a stud. 

Another layer to this lasagna baked mess by M.M.

Coleman > Crowell

5 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Again, I said I like your posts. It is disingenuous to call my post "ridiculous" and then berate me because I didn't fulfill your expectations for ripping Maccagnan in a thread commenting on Isiah Crowell.  You, this time, were in the wrong.

Dude stop bolding words in your post.

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

you have no idea what you are talking about.  Just try "buying" your way into Wharton.  LOL.  And the word is "acceptance" not "exceptance"

I know the difference, auto correct does not.

This message board is littered with “I seen”, “anyways” and thousands of other grammatical errors...all hail American English and grammar on message boards, where no one gives a crap.

796CAD57-8F83-45C1-8B65-866C33617D10.png

Good. Hated this signing to begin with and now its over. They will make a run at Bell and I think they put up a good run but in the end Bell does not want to come here and signs elsewhere. Hopefully they can land Coleman and draft an RB. They need to clean house at the RB position and get some play makers in here.

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

?

My snarky remark was based on one infamous alumnus....

I’ll remember to tell my alum friends that worry about their grandchildren qualifying for acceptance to USC, that their money and donations will be enough.

Fortunately for USC, no one is killed walking around campus....I have yet to see children of privilege walk around campus with body guards, or segregated from the “neighborhood” students on full scholarship.

But, continue on with the fallacy of USC being a dangerous place for her students based on the neighborhood.  

I would venture a guess that the vast majority of people here couldn't care less what goes on around USC.  Surely don't see any relevance to this thread topic.  Best to stay on point, even if you are a USC mom.

All of those hardened Jets fans want to say signing guys like Long and Crowell are good things where they got out so easily. The problem with that is that the team has a net LOSS in the talent. Mac's not drafting good talent so he's relying on FA. At the end of the day however, the Jets still had stinko players at RB and Center last year and now they have gaping holes that will need to be filled this offseason . This team is so devoid of talent that I doubt 100 million even scratches the surface of all of the Jets needs. This teams problems start and end with the same guy that you're celebrating for being so shrewd in structuring contracts. He MUST start drafting better. He MUST start doing the main priority of his job!

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Are they allowed to talk to free agents already?

they can talk to players who have been cut.  They can't talk to players still under contract until that contract expires on March 13th at 4 pm. (or a few days before that in the so called "legal tampering period".  (Incredible non sequitor!)

32 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I know the difference, auto correct does not.

This message board is littered with “I seen”, “anyways” and thousands of other grammatical errors...all hail American English and grammar on message boards, where no one gives a crap.

796CAD57-8F83-45C1-8B65-866C33617D10.png

well if you are making a snarky (and untrue) claim about an educational institution, it is funny that you misspell a key word in your post.  Maybe it's just me, but your USC pom-poms are getting annoying.  I like that you are a Darnold fan.  Because he is a Jet.  It would be better if you were actually a Jets fan.  At least Villain has some credibility of once being a Jets fan.  You are here for #14 and #14 alone apparently.  Or am I wrong about that?  Are you a Jets fan?  Yes or no?  And being a "Darnold' fan isn't enough to qualify.

Archived