Hearing Broncos will let Paradis test FA.

Patriot Killa

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heyyyyyyy. Wanna know a team that WILL pay top dollar for a veteran center? the f#ckin' Jets, that's who.

He's going on 30 but screw it; we have a need, he fills it, pay the man. I'd give him something close to a top 10 deal for his position just to secure his services.  (that's 7-9 million a year for a center)

6 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

Heyyyyyyy. Wanna know a team that WILL pay top dollar for a veteran center? the f#ckin' Jets, that's who.

He's going on 30 but screw it; we have a need, he fills it, pay the man. I'd give him something close to a top 10 deal for his position just to secure his services.  (that's 7-9 million a year for a center)

Exactly. Throw a fat check at this guy. Darnold needs him. 

OL, OL, OL and more OL. 

Getting the best ones is always nice too.

I’m honestly really surprised the Broncos are doing this but hell you never know what’s gonna happen in FA. It’s crazy every year and it never fails. 

Season ending injury and is 29 years old but easily a top 10 Center in this league and is worth every penny if it’s spent protecting Sam Darnold. No prior injury history to be concerned about. He’s one helluva player.

37 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Cecil Lammey tweets:

Hearing buzz that the #Broncos will let Matt Paradis test the open market. They like him but do not want to pay top dollar for the veteran center. Heard that Paradis wants to stay in Denver but won't take a low-ball offer. @1043TheFan

When I read your thread title, the first thing I thought was our resident poster Paradis.

I was like, forum posters get Free Agency now?  sh*t, I wonder who I should sign with, maybe a really good team could use an arrogant, bloviating opinionated poster who loves the sound of his own voice......

Then I opened the thread.  and left disappointed.

My thing is the Broncos seem to be unaware of the fact that most NFL teams are so OL hungry that the moment Paradis is let go to test FA and come back with a price...they aren’t getting him back. The Bills, Jets, Cardinals, Texans and every other team under the sun is going to be bidding on him. 

It’s absolutely over with for the Broncos if they are seriously going to do this lol. Elway trying to outsmart everyone again...reminiscent of Paxton Lynch. Hope they have a solid back up plan. Flacco is going to need protection.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m honestly really surprised the Broncos are doing this but hell you never know what’s gonna happen in FA. It’s crazy every year and it never fails. 

Season ending injury and is 29 years old but easily a top 10 Center in this league and is worth every penny if it’s spent protecting Sam Darnold. No prior injury history to be concerned about. He’s one helluva player.

We've been hoping for months Denver would let this guy test the market.  Thankfully it looks like they will.

I think the Bell thing will drag out until he's sure he has the best deal, but this guy should be scooped up by us the minute we can get his name to paper. I really don't care how much we pay him either. Just get this done, Jets. How nice would it be to go into the draft with Paradis, another OL like a Trent Brown, Bell, and a ER?

As the QBs of AFC powers like Pittsburgh and San Diego and New England reach the end of their careers, this off season will go a long way toward deciding whether we can become an "up and comer" like Cleveland and Indianapolis became last year, or whether we fall further behind teams like them in the AFC.

1 minute ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

So they trade for an expensive, immobile quarterback who is on the back nine of his career, and let a veteran center who they need to protect that quarterback, test free agency based on a reluctance to pay him a salary increase? Makes sense.  What's John been smokin' up there in Colorado?

I know, right? Its been a day of head scratching news coming out of Denver. I honestly don't understand either move Elway made today.

11 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Is there a younger FA option out there? 

Mitch Morse is 26 or 27. But I don’t like how people make 30 years old sound like it’s the cut off for every player at every position or how we shouldn’t pursue anyone with talent if they are 30 years old. OL is very different from say Running Back and good OL can absolutely play into their mid 30’s. 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Cecil Lammey tweets:

Hearing buzz that the #Broncos will let Matt Paradis test the open market. They like him but do not want to pay top dollar for the veteran center. Heard that Paradis wants to stay in Denver but won't take a low-ball offer. @1043TheFan

Yes signing Denver Fa offense lineman has worked out great for teams in the past.  Hey sign him to a big contract, as one of these Denver offensive lineman eventually has to work out for a new team.   

I know he's not a center but if you want a guard,  I could see J Gruden moving K Osemele in  a trade this offseason. 

37 minutes ago, Reprisalizer said:

I think I would prefer to draft a Center this year.  Interested to see how the interior linemen draft prospects shake out over the next few weeks. 

Good luck. We don’t have a 2nd round pick and Eglton Jenkins is the best bet for a plug and play starter. He’ll be gone before well before round 3.

9 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Yes signing Denver Fa offense lineman has worked out great for teams in the past.  Hey sign him to a big contract, as one of these Denver offensive lineman eventually has to work out for a new team.   

I know he's not a center but if you want a guard,  I could see J Gruden moving K Osemele in  a trade this offseason. 

What’s a good reason for being pessimistic? He’s a top 10 Center and first team all-pro. Are you telling me that we should be less excited because lesser Denver OL haven’t panned out?

and the Jets aren’t trading any picks. They need every single one of their picks. Maccagnan really doesn’t do that.

45 minutes ago, Reprisalizer said:

I think I would prefer to draft a Center this year.  Interested to see how the interior linemen draft prospects shake out over the next few weeks. 

We have so many needs, and only 1 pick in the 1st 2 rounds.  Best case, you get a center in the 3rd round, who maybe can start day 1.

1 hour ago, Tony MaC said:

OL can play effectively well into their 30’s look at Andrew Whitworth

Archived