cut candidates (nfc) : DeSean Jackson, Eli Manning to hit market ? ? ?

kelly

4 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Agreed. He did get them 2 SB rings.

The defense got them 2 super bowl rings.

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

NYJUNC would immediately and simultaneously exhibit symptoms of a full blown psychosis, develop psoriasis and cluck like a chicken.

I'd have no problem with Eli as a backup, he should have been a backup the last 4-5 years. Thankfully the Giants keep trotting him out there.  It's been really fun to watch and I hope he is starting for them for many more years. 

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The Maras adore Eli Manning they will never cut him

The Mara's signed off on Eli being benched, they know he is terrible and wanted to start the process of moving on.  They didn't anticipate the social media outrage and it startled them.  They never used to care about public pressure but they allowed a Twitter mob to make a decision not in the best interests of the franchise and it's why they have sucked for a while now.  I am so grateful they passed on Sam for a RB because they thought they could win with Eli ?

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

The defense got them 2 super bowl rings.

I'd have no problem with Eli as a backup, he should have been a backup the last 4-5 years. Thankfully the Giants keep trotting him out there.  It's been really fun to watch and I hope he is starting for them for many more years. 

:rolleyes:     OMG I just realized you were serious and Eli had nothing to do with the 2 SB wins!

11 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If he equally adores them he will take a drastic deserving pay cut. If he says “ no fu “ to them and the team about a pay cut, they will definitely show him the door

Last year Eli had 4300 yards passing 21 tds and 11 ints with an offensive line that was worse than ours

10 hours ago, nyjunc said:

The Mara's signed off on Eli being benched, they know he is terrible and wanted to start the process of moving on.  They didn't anticipate the social media outrage and it startled them.  They never used to care about public pressure but they allowed a Twitter mob to make a decision not in the best interests of the franchise and it's why they have sucked for a while now.  I am so grateful they passed on Sam for a RB because they thought they could win with Eli ?

They fired a second year coach who was one year removed from 11-5 and playoffs just because he benched Eli one game

Way to sign off

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

They fired a second year coach who was one year removed from 11-5 and playoffs just because he benched Eli one game

Way to sign off

They fired a second year coach who was a catastrophe in the locker room, a catastrophe with the press, and a catastrophe on the field.  I'm pretty sure he was hated on all three fronts too.  He was brought in to install an offense that was ill fated for the personnel on this team, especially the  "beloved" quarterback and had neither the persona nor acumen to function as a head coach.  Let's see just how long it'll take for him to get another NFL Head  Coaching gig.  Bet it'll be a long time. 

Just now, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

They fired a second year coach who was a catastrophe in the locker room, a catastrophe with the press, and a catastrophe on the field.  I'm pretty sure he was hated on all three fronts too.  He was brought in to install an offense that was ill fated for the personnel on this team, especially the  "beloved" quarterback and had neither the persona nor acumen to function as a head coach.  Let's see just how long it'll take for him to get another NFL Head  Coaching gig.  Bet it'll be a long time. 

Yes McAdoo’s firing had nothing to do with benching Eli

787CED41-5F72-4AC4-B372-DB57B9F08F24.jpeg.097ece7a7434151336e100bb89e3ceda.jpeg

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Last year Eli had 4300 yards passing 21 tds and 11 ints with an offensive line that was worse than ours

Lol says who ? Your “ opinion “ says their line was worse than ours ? Because the OL rankings I see has the giants ahead of us. Their line got off to a slow start, solder was bad in the beginning, but finished strong. Giants went after top OL fa, drafted a beast top of 2nd round. Unlike ours their gm is committed to building a strong OL.

Eli didn’t play that bad last yr, he played horrible yr before and he looks more like 48, not 38. He is not worth 24 million dollars. If you think that you are definitely a big Eli fanboy lol.. 

it is a situation like we had with Ryan Fitzpatrick. He came off a good yr in 2010, but everyone knew he wasnt going to produce same numbers most likely. His value to other teams was a lot less than it was to jets. If he was a FA, nobody is signing the turtle with noodle arm old man Eli. He had a great career, but you don’t pay a player for his past. They should dump Eli and sign nick Foles. Then they are set at qb for not just next yr. 

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol says who ? Your “ opinion “ says their line was worse than ours ? Because the OL rankings I see has the giants ahead of us. Their line got off to a slow start, solder was bad in the beginning, but finished strong. Giants went after top OL fa, drafted a beast top of 2nd round. Unlike ours their gm is committed to building a strong OL.

Eli didn’t play that bad last yr, he played horrible yr before and he looks more like 48, not 38. He is not worth 24 million dollars. If you think that you are definitely a big Eli fanboy lol.. 

it is a situation like we had with Ryan Fitzpatrick. He came off a good yr in 2010, but everyone knew he wasnt going to produce same numbers most likely. His value to other teams was a lot less than it was to jets. If he was a FA, nobody is signing the turtle with noodle arm old man Eli. He had a great career, but you don’t pay a player for his past. They should dump Eli and sign nick Foles. Then they are set at qb for not just next yr. 

imo the problem with eli is that he is really just an average qb.  he's not elite just like flacco isn't elite.  but since he's the qb he gets far to much credit for the team's failings and too much when they do win.

23 minutes ago, rangerous said:

imo the problem with eli is that he is really just an average qb.  he's not elite just like flacco isn't elite.  but since he's the qb he gets far to much credit for the team's failings and too much when they do win.

Exactly.. we know a tremendous all around rb like Barkley made eli look better, but he is not a qb who can carry a team. He is far from that now. He was never very athletic and mobile, but he is the least mobile in the nfl by far now. With not a strong arm, there is just little eli can handle. He racked up a lot of cheap yardage when because so many of their games teams had a nice lead on them, so they played the prevent D. And Barkley took a lot of 2 yard dinks and turned them into 80 yards.. I don’t think Eli is a starter on any team next yr

7 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The giants OL was horrible last year worse than the jets that’s why they had a horrible season despite having Saquon and Beckham

4 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Exactly.. we know a tremendous all around rb like Barkley made eli look better, but he is not a qb who can carry a team. He is far from that now. He was never very athletic and mobile, but he is the least mobile in the nfl by far now. With not a strong arm, there is just little eli can handle. He racked up a lot of cheap yardage when because so many of their games teams had a nice lead on them, so they played the prevent D. And Barkley took a lot of 2 yard dinks and turned them into 80 yards.. I don’t think Eli is a starter on any team next yr

Eli or Geno?

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The giants OL was horrible last year worse than the jets that’s why they had a horrible season despite having Saquon and Beckham

You have real stats showing giants OL was worse than jets ? Or just your opinion ? They both were bad.. but their line was much better 2nd half of season. And unless we make significant upgrades, will be above ours again.. Either way eli is not going to be making 24 million next yr lol. Even if giants decide to keep him 

On 2/17/2019 at 11:40 PM, Thai Jet said:

:rolleyes:     OMG I just realized you were serious and Eli had nothing to do with the 2 SB wins!

Didn't say that, I was just correcting someone who said "he did get them" 2 SB rings.  The D led those runs, Eli contributed but they won because of heat D.  In 2 conf title games and 2 SBs the Giants O scored 20, 17, 17 and 19 in regulation and won all 4 games.

On 2/18/2019 at 4:03 AM, Philc1 said:

And he was terrible but some folks just love out of context stats.  Eli is an elite garbage time QB to skew stats.

I love how it's always the fault of the OL ?. He's taking more sacks now rather than throwing a million INTs like he had used to.

On 2/18/2019 at 4:04 AM, Philc1 said:

Way to sign off

They didn't realize the backlash from social media loons.  It's why the Giants suck now and have most of this decade.  They are allowing fans to make decisions.

They have made one postseason since 2012 and in that 11-5 year Eli led an offense with Odell Beckham Jr to a whopping 17 PPG.  I hope Eli is around another 5+ years, hopefully the Giants are dumb enough to keep thinking they can win with him without incredible defense.

17 hours ago, rangerous said:

I agree neither is elite and neither ever were Ellie but flacco led Baltimore's SB run, the Giants D led both if Eli's.

Flacco won playoff games in that run when his D allowed 28 and 29.  Eli has never won a playoff game when his D has allowed more than 20.

On 2/18/2019 at 4:04 AM, Philc1 said:

Way to sign off

The Giants' president and CEO broke his public silence about the decision to bench quarterback Eli Manning by admitting that while the matter could have been handled differently, he agrees with the team's decision to evaluate Geno Smithand Davis Webb in the final five games, starting with Sunday's game at the Raiders.

https://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017/11/john_mara_explains_why_he_signed_off_on_giants_ben.html

50 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I agree neither is elite and neither ever were Ellie but flacco led Baltimore's SB run, the Giants D led both if Eli's.

Flacco won playoff games in that run when his D allowed 28 and 29.  Eli has never won a playoff game when his D has allowed more than 20.

I’m not disagreeing with you that the Giants defense played a huge role in those SBs but Eli still had to make plays. People think of him as clutch for a reason. 

On 2/18/2019 at 6:23 AM, Philc1 said:

Yes McAdoo’s firing had nothing to do with benching Eli

787CED41-5F72-4AC4-B372-DB57B9F08F24.jpeg.097ece7a7434151336e100bb89e3ceda.jpeg

Exactly, the Maras wanted McAdoo to sit Eli then when it became a cluster F in the press and everywhere else they made him the scapegoat. 

30 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’m not disagreeing with you that the Giants defense played a huge role in those SBs but Eli still had to make plays. People think of him as clutch for a reason. 

He's gone one and done 4 of his 6 postseasons including being shut out at home and also leading an O to 9 pts in another home playoff loss.  

Eli deserves credit for the 2 SB winning drives and that's where the clutch label comes from but if the D doesn't hold Brady and NE to 14 & 17 then they have no shot to win.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Didn't say that, I was just correcting someone who said "he did get them" 2 SB rings.  The D led those runs, Eli contributed but they won because of heat D.  In 2 conf title games and 2 SBs the Giants O scored 20, 17, 17 and 19 in regulation and won all 4 games.

And he was terrible but some folks just love out of context stats.  Eli is an elite garbage time QB to skew stats.

I love how it's always the fault of the OL ?. He's taking more sacks now rather than throwing a million INTs like he had used to.

They didn't realize the backlash from social media loons.  It's why the Giants suck now and have most of this decade.  They are allowing fans to make decisions.

They have made one postseason since 2012 and in that 11-5 year Eli led an offense with Odell Beckham Jr to a whopping 17 PPG.  I hope Eli is around another 5+ years, hopefully the Giants are dumb enough to keep thinking they can win with him without incredible defense.

This has to be Eli’s last season.. the guy can’t move. Has a noodle arm. Some qbs age doesn’t effect them as much, not case with Eli. I’d be shocked if giants do not cut him. Sign Foles, or another qb. Unless they draft a qb, and use Eli as a 1 yr seat warmer.

9 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

This has to be Eli’s last season.. the guy can’t move. Has a noodle arm. Some qbs age doesn’t effect them as much, not case with Eli. I’d be shocked if giants do not cut him. Sign Foles, or another qb. Unless they draft a qb, and use Eli as a 1 yr seat warmer.

I think it makes sense to keep him if they draft a QB in the first round.  Eli could start the year then when they are out of the playoff race by October like usual they can transition to the rookie.  If they don't take a QB early then they need to move on and get a new QB his FA or trade

25 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I think it makes sense to keep him if they draft a QB in the first round.  Eli could start the year then when they are out of the playoff race by October like usual they can transition to the rookie.  If they don't take a QB early then they need to move on and get a new QB his FA or trade

Exactly. We really lucked out they did not draft Darnold. They actually believed with Barkley and boosting the OL, they could win games with Eli and make a playoff push. As great as Barkley was, he still couldn’t get them out of the cellar. Huge miscalculation by giants. Had they been more realistic and saw they would still suck in 08 even with a amazing talent in Barkley, they would have definitely taken darnold. Now this year’s qb crop is NOWHERE near the talent level of last yr.. I think they try to sign Foles, instead of going with a non sure thing in one of these rookies..

Archived