Report Card : Ranking each team's ROOKIE class, 1 to 32  ~ ~ ~

kelly

This is fair.  

Many of us (including me) like to pan the Shepherd pick, but if you look at the 3rd round last year that was not a heck of a lot there in the 10 picks or so after he was picked, which I think is the best benchmark.

Considering who the Jets are and how well the Steelers draft, the pick for the Jets there was probably Okorafor OT picked by the Steelers, who actually played alot last year.  This was classic Mac-picking the higher "graded" OT and not an OL with potential. His grading system is off.  

Sam Hubbard and perhaps Malik Jefferson if he is healthy were also better picks there.  

If Nickerson could play rather than paying Skrine $6mm, we may have the start of something after Herndon serves his suspension.  

24 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is fair.  

Many of us (including me) like to pan the Shepherd pick, but if you look at the 3rd round last year that was not a heck of a lot there in the 10 picks or so after he was picked, which I think is the best benchmark.

Considering who the Jets are and how well the Steelers draft, the pick for the Jets there was probably Okorafor OT picked by the Steelers, who actually played alot last year.  This was classic Mac-picking the higher "graded" OT and not an OL with potential. His grading system is off.  

Sam Hubbard and perhaps Malik Jefferson if he is healthy were also better picks there.  

If Nickerson could play rather than paying Skrine $6mm, we may have the start of something after Herndon serves his suspension.  

Both Ohio St. LB'ers made more sense than Sheppard.   Hubbard and Baker.

However, the pick should have been Orlando Brown.  Dude never gave up a sack or missed a game his entire college career.  If it werent for a sh*tty combine, he would have been a 1st round pick.  Turns out, he was every bit of the player for the Ravens he was for the Sooners.  

Pressure percentage allowed takes the pass-blocking efficiency formula out of the picture and purely calculates how often an offensive lineman allows any type of pressure. For example, Baltimore Ravens rookie offensive tackle Orlando Brown Jr. tied for 10th in pass-blocking efficiency largely because he allowed zero sacks, but he ranked tied for 17th in pressure percentage allowed because he allowed 16 total pressures (15 hurries, one hit) across his 342 pass-blocking snaps.

Archived