Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What about my feelings? 

I have nothing against the kid; I would like to see him do well.  Not his fault that he is not an NFL caliber QB and was badly overdrafted.

I don't watch any other sports anymore. I used to be into baseball and hockey but lost interest for different reasons. Not sure I qualify as a hard core football fan but it's really the only sport I e

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

yea I had a hard time finding the CBSSN game last week, didn't even know that channel existed but apparently I'm paying for it. smh

LOL, same here

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Can wait to watch Hackenberg get slaughtered tonight! Wonder what the point spread is? I think a bet against Hack might be a safe bet!

It’s up to -16 now.  Last week it was only -3....I crushed it last week. Not touching -16 tonight.  

Thats SuperBowl III spread. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Woww Christian just scored a TD and got obliterated. I’m sure people here will enjoy that.

I have nothing against the kid; I would like to see him do well.  Not his fault that he is not an NFL caliber QB and was badly overdrafted.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched part of the game on my phone and Amazon Fire when it didn’t freeze. And I couldn’t find the box score on the game and stats. But basically from what I could see with Hack you didn’t have a downfield passing game. The throws were mostly slants and very short passes. Any success on a play was after the catch. Obviously it’s hard to win games this way even with a good running game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the whole game, a few observations.

-Spectacularly sloppy football.  DIII College-level sloppy.

-Christian Hackenberg is the worst QB I have even seen play football.  At any level.  The kid I played with when I was 11 for the Rockville Centre Raiders was better.

-The only thing more sloppy than what was on the field, was the coverage.  You'd think NFL Network had never broadcast anything before.

-Christian Hackenberg is REALLY bad.  LIke "owes me for pain and suffering having to watch him" bad.

-There are ALOT of ex-Jets or ex-Jet Coaches in this minor league.  Makes you think...

-If I owned the Jets, I would literally call Mac right now and fire him for having drafted Christian Hackenberg.

-My new favorite team, the Hotsh*ts, are now 2-0.  

-This league has a loooooooong way to go to be a watchable product.  

-I absolutely hate the "Nope, not the NFL" camera work, all up close and amataur.  The NFL Camera angle (high up, see the whole field) is best.  Those camera wire- drones up close shots are horrible, can't see whats happening and misses alot of action.  

Still, it's football, of a sort.  May watch again next week.  Go Hotsh*ts!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed the first game but here are my thoughts on tonight:

1) Hot Shots were much sloppier this game than they were the last. This could be due to playing on the road for the first time. They are actually this first road team to win a game.

2) Hack actually played slightly better this game than he did last, which is more of a damning statement than it is a compliment.

3) Speaking of Hack, I don't understand all the comments about how people don't have anything against him and wish him well. This kid is a straight up whiny bitch on the field and has done nothing to justify it. With the way he acts you would think he is Brady. He has also constantly put blame on others for his struggles, including the Jets coaching staff. **** Hack.

4) As others have mentioned, the camera angles still need some work.

5) Wolford started the game really badly but in the 4th when it mattered most he still came through.

6) Ross had a decent game to follow up the last great one but took a dumb personal foul.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

How can this league provide prospects for the nfl? The game of football is too brutal to play so many games. If a guy like stacy excells, and an nfl team wants him, how can he play one season after another, especially brutal position of running back? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Warfish said:

Watched the whole game, a few observations.

-Spectacularly sloppy football.  DIII College-level sloppy.

-Christian Hackenberg is the worst QB I have even seen play football.  At any level.  The kid I played with when I was 11 for the Rockville Centre Raiders was better.

-The only thing more sloppy than what was on the field, was the coverage.  You'd think NFL Network had never broadcast anything before.

-Christian Hackenberg is REALLY bad.  LIke "owes me for pain and suffering having to watch him" bad.

-There are ALOT of ex-Jets or ex-Jet Coaches in this minor league.  Makes you think...

-If I owned the Jets, I would literally call Mac right now and fire him for having drafted Christian Hackenberg.

-My new favorite team, the Hotsh*ts, are now 2-0.  

-This league has a loooooooong way to go to be a watchable product.  

-I absolutely hate the "Nope, not the NFL" camera work, all up close and amataur.  The NFL Camera angle (high up, see the whole field) is best.  Those camera wire- drones up close shots are horrible, can't see whats happening and misses alot of action.  

Still, it's football, of a sort.  May watch again next week.  Go Hotsh*ts!

The camera work was awful yesterday. It was much better the first week. I don't know how that could possibly be. I could hardly watch last night because of the awful angles.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm enjoying it. it's obviously not at the level of nfl games but i didnt even come close to expecting that. the teams only had a month to practice and install a system. the players are obviously not at the same level and probably the coahcing isn't as good either. the players aren't making a lot of money and are playing because they love the game and are playing hard because they hope to get a shot. i haven't picked a team yet, and i suppose that is the main thing holding back a lot of people on how much they like it. when you are emotionally invested in the outcome of the games it will suck you in more. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

Speaking of Hack, I don't understand all the comments about how people don't have anything against him and wish him well. This kid is a straight up whiny bitch on the field and has done nothing to justify it. With the way he acts you would think he is Brady. He has also constantly put blame on others for his struggles, including the Jets coaching staff. **** Hack.

LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites

Look the more football to me the better. Next year maybe even a few more leagues like Freedom League and XFL. I’ll even watch Arena football if it comes down to that. They might get some numbers on ratings that will be a big deal in terms of success. If they can give cable networks some numbers and cheaper programming maybe last a while. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The camera work was awful yesterday. It was much better the first week. I don't know how that could possibly be. I could hardly watch last night because of the awful angles.

The cameras were rough. But just like this is a player development league. I think Its also going to be a rule and broadcast development league as well. The NFL is going to test new ideas (like different camera angles).

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

The cameras were rough. But just like this is a player development league. I think Its also going to be a rule and broadcast development league as well. The NFL is going to test new ideas (like different camera angles).

To me in terms of the broadcasts the best new idea is the live coverage of challenges. It's pretty interesting and brand new I've never seen it before. You like to hear and see the rationale of the officials making the calls. We have recently had ex officials giving opinions but now we can hear it right from the guy making that decision. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

The cameras were rough. But just like this is a player development league. I think Its also going to be a rule and broadcast development league as well. The NFL is going to test new ideas (like different camera angles).

maybe that's what it is. hopefully they ditch the crap ones quickly. It's just crazy to me how much worse it was from the first week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...