AAF

TuscanyTile2

On 2/17/2019 at 8:48 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

hahaha - this jagoff QB on the SD team just tossed the ball underhand behind his back while he was about to get sacked and COMPLETED the pass. lmfao!

Why on God's green Earth are they basically wearing the same color? How dumb is that?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Apparently the AAF was struggling to make payroll and was sold.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/19/alliance-of-american-football-sold-tom-dundon-report/

Yikes. Not good.

Without funding from an entity like the NFL, it's near impossible for a startup football league to succeed. There's just too much overhead.

8 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Yikes. Not good.

Without funding from an entity like the NFL, it's near impossible for a startup football league to succeed. There's just too much overhead.

Problem is if the NFL gets involved they will eventually ruin it. Yet, beats being one and done after one season. Pick your poison I guess.

On 2/18/2019 at 12:18 AM, Gas2No99 said:

I introduced my dad to the league today and he loved watching this product. The first thing he noted was that the game pace was MUCH faster, the referees weren't that noticeable like in the NFL, and  the hits had some real pop.

The AAF is just making it obvious how buttoned up and lethargic the NFL has become. 

Good analogy. I’ve noticed the same in the games I’ve watched. Some real hitting going  on and no Can’t touch Tom Brady rules. 

On 2/19/2019 at 9:57 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Apparently the AAF was struggling to make payroll and was sold.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/19/alliance-of-american-football-sold-tom-dundon-report/

I heard something about how the Orlando team isnt allowed to practice in Florida because of some workers comp. thingy, so they have to travel to Georgia to practice.  lol

How sloppy could they put this thing together?  Like how did nobody in the room see these things coming? 

Shame to because it has potential to work. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I heard something about how the Orlando team isnt allowed to practice in Florida because of some workers comp. thingy, so they have to travel to Georgia to practice.  lol

How sloppy could they put this thing together?  Like how did nobody in the room see these things coming? 

Shame to because it has potential to work. 

Yep. Seems crazy.  They can't be counting on ticket sales.  The whole thing had to be funded by a TV deal.  They didn't have that in place?  Didn't the AFL set up that business plan 50+ years ago?

Archived