Trumaine Johnson 2018 Season Highlights

GREENBEAN

13 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Alrightee Then.  Sat down for a full length Horror Feature and wound up with a  "coming attractions" teaser.  Let's hope so anyway.  I  expect him to be better under Williams, press defense anyone?  He can't be worse.... that's for sure.

I didn't realize it was 31 seconds when I originally clicked on it. It made me laugh when it ended after 5-6 plays. :)    

It's only worth making a scrub highlight reel because of his contact.  Its solid humor if it wasn't so painful for us Jets fans. 

He didn't have a good year relative to his contract. He did get better as the year went on though. I've always assumed that hit he took from Galloday at the beggining of the year impacted him in the first half of the year. He just seemed out of it during the rest of that game and a handful of games after to it. I'm not expecting him to live up to his contract. But I think he'll be alright for a couple more years. 

14 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Trumaine Johnson was a FA bust in 2018 comparative to his salary.  Hoping Gregg Williams straightens him out this season.

It's a good thing that these guys already have some success together. There is a track record and at least some level of knowledge to each other's skill sets or demands. 

It's the best case scenario most likely.  We need Tru to come out of the woods and be a player again.

I remember reading what a good bump and run, press corner he was. 

In the opener against the lions he was up on the line, his man motioned inside, he dropped off, his guy ran a simple crosser and got wide open for an easy first down 

Didn't get much better lol

I also hope Williams can get the best out of him 

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Trumaine Johnson was one of the only decent parts of this football team 

quick everyone let's talk crap about him 

lmfao - I love when you take the most ridiculous of contrarian perspectives.  He was terrible and missed 6 games.

Is Lee decent too because he too had balls thrown directly at him and scored on one of them? 

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

It's a good thing that these guys already have some success together. There is a track record and at least some level of knowledge to each other's skill sets or demands. 

It's the best case scenario most likely.  We need Tru to come out of the woods and be a player again.

When he does come out of those woods,  let's make sure that Jeremy Bates isn't with him.

37 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Trumaine Johnson was one of the only decent parts of this football team 

quick everyone let's talk crap about him 

hmmmmmm.  Not sure what you're doing with that one. 

He had a down year for sure. Many are thinking it's the sign of who he really is and it's a poor FA acquisition overall. I am hopeful for him this season. I for one, think Trumaine Johnson is going to be one of the true litmus tests for just how poorly this team was coached the last few years. If TJ can have a bounce back year, it will go a long way toward illustrating just how bad our staff actually was. 

If he still sucks... it says other stuff. :) 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

lmfao - I love when you take the most ridiculous of contrarian perspectives.  He was terrible and missed 6 games.

Is Lee decent too because he too had balls thrown directly at him and scored on one of them? 

yes Lee and Johnson are two of the few NFL caliber starters on defense

they had about 7 of them BTW 

there should be threads like How the F did Frankie Luvu get playing time and Darryl Roberts at Free safety? Why dear god, why? 

this team underfunds the roster and the fans find entertainment in bashing the guys scoring Pick 6's 

35 minutes ago, bitonti said:

there should be threads like How the F did Frankie Luvu get playing time and Darryl Roberts at Free safety? Why dear god, why? 

this team underfunds the roster and the fans find entertainment in bashing the guys scoring Pick 6's 

This.  We had like 4 starting safeties in preseason and we play Roberts and he gets toasted deep.  Was he expecting "help over the top"????

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

When you play on a 3 win team and your unit is one of the worst in Football, being a NFL starter isnt exactly saying something special about said players.  

The reason nobody is talking about Luvu or Roberts is because they too, suck.  They just didnt cost us a 1st round pick and 75 million dollars in Free Agency.  Therefore, nobody cares they suck. 

And one could argue Luvu's rookie season was better than Lee's.

So while we get angry about the guys that are supposed to be good who suck, you enjoy hating on the guys who suck and will always suck and nobody had any expectations of them not sucking. 

37 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

WHY does Mac still have a job????

Let me redirect you to the "FIRE MACCAGNAN!!!!!!" thread.  There you will find 36plus pages of rants and opinions on the ins and outs of exactly why, at this juncture, Mike Maccagnan still has a job.  You can also search for answers by researching each and every thread on this website, to which approximately 40% of  the content,  of those comments also addresses that very question.  Happy Hunting.

8 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Trumaine Johnson was a FA bust in 2018 comparative to his salary.  Hoping Gregg Williams straightens him out this season.

If the jets continue to have zero pass rush he will continue to look like a deer in headlights 

15 hours ago, bitonti said:

what ?

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Parody thread?

I don't think it's necessarily a parody thread, but it does "highlight" the limited impact plays/players we had last season. Especially on defense.  The vid even included his tackles and it was still 31 seconds long.  Like I said earlier, I did think it was funny when it suddenly ended while watching it the first time, but it's legit. It's just pretty much all he did last year. 

That said, I'm actually finding some excitement for the idea of Gregg Williams properly using a talented press corner like TJ this coming  season. I think there's a lot of potential here. 

Archived