Ronald Darby

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

They have 1 corner under contract that can somewhat play Football.  They are 100% going to be giving a CB some type of ridiculous deal.  At least Darby is good at Football.  He's better than Mo.

Agree with this. Darby and Tru (assuming greg williams gets Tru back on track) would be a solid pairing. 

1 minute ago, Stark said:

Agree with this. Darby and Tru (assuming greg williams gets Tru back on track) would be a solid pairing. 

Agreed.  Darby is the best corner on the market IMO. 

That said, there are some other intriguing names; Bryce Callahan, Bradley Roby, Steve Nelson,   I wouldnt even hate Kareem Jackson for a few years.

31 minutes ago, JiF said:

They have 1 corner under contract that can somewhat play Football.  They are 100% going to be giving a CB some type of ridiculous deal.  At least Darby is good at Football.  He's better than Mo.

Any upgrade is obviously a plus. He's a lot younger than Mo so that's another plus.

He played only half of his starts over the past two seasons, so there's that. He also tore his ACL last year causing him to land on the IR, so there's that.  The Bills, traded him and now the Eagles are prepared to let him walk, so there's that.  I'd be very careful about signing this player.  He'd be an upgrade over Delores Clairborne, so that's a plus.  But will he play?  And at what cost?  "Let the buyer beware"

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

PFF gave him a 70.6 grade last season (# 39 CB).  Claiborne, by comparison, got a 62.7 (# 75 CB). 

He's also only 25.  The only other outside corner I'd be interested in, if he hits free agency, is KC's Steven Nelson, who is also 25. 

Someone on KC has to shake loose!  I would be planted in KC, Minny and Atlanta the day FA begins!

12 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

He played only half of his starts over the past two seasons, so there's that. He also tore his ACL last year causing him to land on the IR, so there's that.  The Bills, traded him and now the Eagles are prepared to let him walk, so there's that.  I'd be very careful about signing this player.  He'd be an upgrade over Delores Clairborne, so that's a plus.  But will he play?  And at what cost?  "Let the buyer beware"

They're currently $16 million over the cap. 

Obviously trading Foles will be a necessity, and would remove $21.6M off their total cap number.  But they're still in pretty dire straits there.  They'll need to restructure some people this offseason, because none of their top cap hit guys can realistically be cut. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They're currently $16 million over the cap. 

Obviously trading Foles will be a necessity, and would remove $21.6M off their total cap number.  But they're still in pretty dire straits there.

Supposedly they have three in-house replacements in the wings.  The team and fan base wasn't thrilled with his performance last year, pre injury.  Truth is there's not really much out there as far as #2 corners in free agency go.  Also ,he's supposed to get a boatload of money on the market, over 10 million. That concerns me.  Maybe we should just draft a corner. Not in the first round, though.  I unlike others here, do not want Clairborne back. So something needs to be done.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

That said, there are some other intriguing names; Bryce Callahan, Bradley Roby, Steve Nelson,   I wouldnt even hate Kareem Jackson for a few years.

Im hoping that all the DB's will look better this year than last year. Probably wishful thinking, but I think that nonetheless.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Pass on Bradley Roby - I live here in Denver and there are reasons they are not bringing him back despite the fact they are in desperate need of a corner opposite Chris Harris.  Roby was given his chance this year when the Broncos got rid of Aquib Talib and he failed to perform consistently.  He is not physical at the line of scrimmage with bigger WR's and he is a complete liability in the run game (ala Cromartie without the coverage skills).  

Some team is going to pay for Roby based on his 1st round pedigree and they are going to regret it. 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This would be an awful signing.  No more corners.  No more dlineman.  

Should be some pretty interesting defensive alignments with no more defensive linemen and no more corners.  What's your suggestion, should we start loading up on more safeties?  Presmal would go Platinum.  Do you really want to see @TomShane  and his band of Merry Men,  go on a statewide killing spree?

1 minute ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Should be some pretty interesting defensive alignments with no more defensive linemen and no more corners.  What's your suggestion, should we start loading up on more safeties?  Presmal would go Platinum.  Do you really want to see @TomShane  and his band of Merry Men,  go on a statewide killing spree?

If those positions need to be filled, you sign low tier free agents and use rounds 5-7 in the draft.

No more high priced free agents and high draft picks at the same positions year after year.

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If those positions need to be filled, you sign low tier free agents and use rounds 5-7 in the draft.

No more high priced free agents and high draft picks at the same positions year after year.

Big money goes to skill positions. Edge, Corner, Receiver, QB, LT. 

That's the lesson. 

3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Looks like he is going to hit the open market. Young (25), talented CB that could definitely help the Jets. Would they want to hand out another big contract to a corner in consecutive years? 

Bowles says Skrine is much better...

22 minutes ago, Rolloffjet said:

Jason Verrett anyone? If stays healthy would be best cb on market.

I liked Verrett coming out, but he cannot be relied upon.  He's been in the NFL for 5 full seasons and has suited up for only 25 games (out of 82). His last 3 seasons ended with ACL, ACL, Achilles.  

If they want to take a low risk flyer I won't complain, but you can't count on him to replace Skrine or Claiborne IMO.

3 hours ago, Reprisalizer said:

Pass on Bradley Roby - I live here in Denver and there are reasons they are not bringing him back despite the fact they are in desperate need of a corner opposite Chris Harris.  Roby was given his chance this year when the Broncos got rid of Aquib Talib and he failed to perform consistently.  He is not physical at the line of scrimmage with bigger WR's and he is a complete liability in the run game (ala Cromartie without the coverage skills).  

Some team is going to pay for Roby based on his 1st round pedigree and they are going to regret it. 

Good stuff.  I know he didnt have a great year but he's been pretty solid before this year, no?  Maybe just a down year?  The Broncos D in general wasnt as good as they have been in the past.  

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Good stuff.  I know he didnt have a great year but he's been pretty solid before this year, no?  Maybe just a down year?  The Broncos D in general wasnt as good as they have been in the past.  

He played the nickel with Chris Harris and Aqib Talib as the starters outside. He was decent as a nickel but not worth the 1st rounder the Broncos spent and not worth 1/2CB $$ in free agency. 

Archived