Dolphins coaching staff and FO

FTL Jet Fan

Was curious what the opinions of the JN's finest were about the Fins new hires? Granted they are NE  cast offs  and we see how that played out throughout the the league. The two hires that I think that are of some significance are Reggie McKenzie ( Senior personal executive) and Jim Caldwell as the Assistant HC/QB coach. Do we see Derek Carr in Miami?  The best move I think they made was McKenzie. I still see dysfunction in the front office as they kept Tannenbaum and Grier as the GM,  plus many other moving parts in that front office.  

The Reggie McKenzie hire caught my eye and it was an excellent choice.  The Flores pick remains to be determined. Caldwell is a good pick because he gives Flores an experienced mind to lean on.  As for the  "Big Picture" if the Unstable, Meddling Owner doesn't let these new additions  do their jobs their "expertise" won't mean much.  McKenzie,  for one, won't suffer it for long.  That being said,  I hope they continue to suck until the end of time.

18 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Was curious what the opinions of the JN's finest were about the Fins new hires? Granted they are NE  cast offs  and we see how that played out throughout the the league. The two hires that I think that are of some significance are Reggie McKenzie ( Senior personal executive) and Jim Caldwell as the Assistant HC/QB coach. Do we see Derek Carr in Miami?  The best move I think they made was McKenzie. I still see dysfunction in the front office as they kept Tannenbaum and Grier as the GM,  plus many other moving parts in that front office.  

The Raiders aren't trading Carr.   There is a rumor of a Raiders and Dolphins trade - The Raiders would trade one of their late first round picks(# 24,or #27) for the Dolphins CB Xavien Howard.( whose a Fa after the season) .    There is no way I make that trade as good as Howard is. ( giving up too much for player in last year, versus a guy you would have control for five years).

The Dolphins seem like they are going in tank mode the next couple years. ( total rebuild) They want one of the elite Qb's .( next year ,and 2021  Qb draft class much stronger)?.  If that's true , I wouldn't be surprised if R Mckenize eventually becomes their GM.

The QB trade scenario is interesting for Miami but I don't think it is Carr and lean more toward Josh Rosen from Arizona.  If the Cardinals make the decision that Kingsbury wants Kyler Murray, they could trade Rosen to the Phins.  Both teams have young coaches who want to be able to have a QB as their guy.

Archived