I have accepted our fate.

Jet_Engine1

I'm thinking we better be REALLY BIG players in FA this year if we hope to be more then a 6-7 win team. Especially if we have to take a Defensive player like QW with our 1st pick. We won't pick again until the 3rd round, and what are the odds we get more then 1 maybe 2 starters from the 3rd round and down?

We need help everywhere, and as we all know, we don't have many players under contract. Without a dream like haul such as Bell, Paradis/Morse, some OL and ER help, we'll simply be threading water. What are our draft options? Take fliers on mid and late round WRs and OLs? Does anyone really think that will work out well?

The situation is very bleak without the trading back scenario, and that possibility seems very remote. If I had to guess right now I'd say more teams are looking to trade further back then then there are looking to move up. Good Times.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Just kidding guys.  Q is going to be really friggin good in the nfl just if the jets draft him - which they will - they had better trade Leo and a future first and get Antonio Brown

Lol wtf. Trading Leo is counter productive. The point is to put these two guys in a 4-3, have a two headed monster and make the offense choose who to focus on. Leo in a 4-3 will get the best out of him. People are too bent on getting rid of Leo. It’s not happening so forget about it.

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol wtf. Trading Leo is counter productive. The point is to put these two guys in a 4-3, have a two headed monster and make the offense choose who to focus on. Leo in a 4-3 will get the best out of him. People are too bent on getting rid of Leo. It’s not happening so forget about it.

Trade Leo and sign Sheldon Richardson or Bennie Logan who are better than Leo

On 2/18/2019 at 3:18 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

We will draft Quarren Williams.

20190218_143011.thumb.jpg.93fb1e76df35e1591aa2d2a44eaa9020.jpg

That's quality material right there. Most people are missing the joke, but I get it. I actually use that avatar often on Battlefront 1. 

I was looking for some way to reply with another Alien from the same universe, but nothing works nearly as well. 

Well done man! 

On 2/18/2019 at 3:38 PM, 14 in Green said:

I'm thinking we better be REALLY BIG players in FA this year if we hope to be more then a 6-7 win team. Especially if we have to take a Defensive player like QW with our 1st pick. We won't pick again until the 3rd round, and what are the odds we get more then 1 maybe 2 starters from the 3rd round and down?

We need help everywhere, and as we all know, we don't have many players under contract. Without a dream like haul such as Bell, Paradis/Morse, some OL and ER help, we'll simply be threading water. What are our draft options? Take fliers on mid and late round WRs and OLs? Does anyone really think that will work out well?

The situation is very bleak without the trading back scenario, and that possibility seems very remote. If I had to guess right now I'd say more teams are looking to trade further back then then there are looking to move up. Good Times.

Look. The Jets WILL try to trade back. The Jets WILL be big players in FA- just look at the cap space they have. The Jets are picking in the top 5, are you upset with this?? Or would you rather they not make the playoff but pick 8th or 9th? And the Jets got Darnold- which is why they don't have a 2nd rounder. Would you rather they DID have a 2nd rounder but no Darnold? 

QW (assuming Bosa and Allen go 1 and 2) would be the best player on the board and a good fit on the D-line (even if the Jets stay in base 3-4). He can rush the passer and shut down the run. I have no problem with the Jets taking him IF Bosa and Allen are off the board AND they can't trade down. 

But its also still very early and other prospects may rise post combine. Another edge rusher may make headway- OR QW might push his stock up and go #2 overall, allowing us to take Allen. FA could also work out in such a way that Macc is FORCED to take J.Williams-OT and he may end up being a stud at LT. 

So yeah, good times, I'm looking forward to seeing how everything plays out. For once the Jets have a top five pick, a young 'franchise QB' and a ton of cap space. Let's hope they don't f**k it up. But should be fun to see who they go after.  

Archived