Machado to Padres

Blackout

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No idea where that franchise came up with that kind of coin, but I'm happy for them.  Biggest free agent they've landed in a very long time.  

They've actually spent 475 million the last two years in FA, the most in Baseball. They also have the top rated minor league system in the sport. I hear what you're saying about them being a small market team, but they got Hosmer last year, and Machado is only 26. Their odds to make the World series went from 80 to 50-1, and their projected wins are up to about 80 now. Once those prospects begin to arrive, who knows? They could become Astros 2.0.

On 2/19/2019 at 7:43 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

No idea where that franchise came up with that kind of coin, but I'm happy for them.  Biggest free agent they've landed in a very long time.  

The cheapo franchises get welfare from the Yankees and Red Sox

On 2/19/2019 at 8:00 PM, 14 in Green said:

They've actually spent 475 million the last two years in FA, the most in Baseball. They also have the top rated minor league system in the sport. I hear what you're saying about them being a small market team, but they got Hosmer last year, and Machado is only 26. Their odds to make the World series went from 80 to 50-1, and their projected wins are up to about 80 now. Once those prospects begin to arrive, who knows? They could become Astros 2.0.

I love people criticizing Machado for taking the best deal.  Who are they to say he should accept less money to play for a “contender” and how are bad teams supposed to get better if top FA’s shouldn’t sign with them? 

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I love people criticizing Machado for taking the best deal.  Who are they to say he should accept less money to play for a “contender” and how are bad teams supposed to get better if top FA’s shouldn’t sign with them? 

I am not saying he should have taken less.   At all.   He earned free agency, he should do exactly what he wants.  Now, in 2 years, if the Padres don't improve, and he is complaining about the stadium and crap like that, I will give him crap for that. 

It's like this.  I love where I work, and I love where I live.   If someone offered my massively life changing money to do my job in San Diego,with a 10 year guarentee of employment, I'm there.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:38 PM, chirorob said:

I am not saying he should have taken less.   At all.   He earned free agency, he should do exactly what he wants.  Now, in 2 years, if the Padres don't improve, and he is complaining about the stadium and crap like that, I will give him crap for that. 

It's like this.  I love where I work, and I love where I live.   If someone offered my massively life changing money to do my job in San Diego,with a 10 year guarentee of employment, I'm there.

Have you ever been to San Diego?  It's probably the nicest place to live in the entire US and that is a really nice stadium

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Have you ever been to San Diego?  It's probably the nicest place to live in the entire US and that is a really nice stadium

Lived there for 6 years.

Great place to live.    The team hasn't been good in a long time, they may be fixing that.   It is not a hitters ball park, which may bother him.

Archived