Would you make this trade with Washington?

WayneChrebet80

Haskins is a local kid and I could see the Redskins being aggressive to land him. With that said the Jets will have to take somewhat of a discount as I think San Francisco and Tampa would gladly move back as well. 

Washington receives 2019 3rd Pick overall

Jets receive 2019 1st, 2nd, 3rd

2020 2nd and 4th 

Obviously a lot worse than the Colts did trading down three spots with with the NYJ, but with Denver getting Flacco and Jacksonville rumored to get Foles I just don’t see any teams that desperate to move up. 

With one second and three thirds the Jets could be fill out the roster nicely. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Haskins is a local kid and I could see the Redskins being aggressive to land him. With that said the Jets will have to take somewhat of a discount as I think San Francisco and Tampa would gladly move back as well. 

2020 2nd and 4th 

Obviously a lot worse than the Colts did trading down three spots with with the NYJ, but with Denver getting Flacco and Jacksonville rumored to get Foles I just don’t see any teams that desperate to move up. 

I'd love to buy your house from you. LOL. You're letting them go from 15 to 3 giving up only a 2nd and 3rd this year, and 2 and 4 (equal to a 3 and 5 this year) next year?

This will be well received... :hap:

10 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'd love to buy your house from you. LOL. You're letting them go from 15 to 3 giving up only a 2nd and 3rd this year, and 2 and 4 (equal to a 3 and 5 this year) next year?

This will be well received... :hap:

It would also screw the Giants who would have to face Haskins twice a year

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

image.jpeg.e7165192ac6c00f179e9dafb4b0c6af1.jpeg

Image result for no gifs

Here's where I am with you and the effing memes. I don't believe a grown man would do it as often as you do and think its clever.

I'm going to assume you're a 7th grade girl, and with everything replying to someone that age on the internet entails, you're going on ignore.

Are you guys nutty? This would be a haul.

this is a different draft. No huge top prospects, especially at qb. 

I would swap pics with the skins and take their 2 nd and 3 rd rounders. That would be 10000000 million times better than forcing the pick a 3 for a dt we don't need that badly and having no second rounder.

im selling myself short, but it still would be better for us. The OP offered a dream scenario and everyone scoffs? Lol

35 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

2020 2nd and 4th 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

The 3rd pick is worth 2200 points

for

Washington 1st (1050), 46 (440)  77 (205) which equals 1695. 

Washington 2020 2nd equals about 200 and their 4th equals about 36. So that's a grand total of about 1930. 

So we'd be giving up 2200 in value for 1930. No GM would ever do that. Especially when teams trading up for QBs (Bears with Trubisky, Rams with Goff, Jets with Darnold) all vastly OVERPAID. 

So we would need Redskins 2019 1st, 2nd, 3rd plus next years 1st to start. It is true that the Draft Trade Chart is NOT an exact science. But based on that chart, every team trading down with a team looking to get a QB has gotten WAY more in value. So should we. 

6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I would swap pics with the skins and take their 2 nd and 3 rd rounders. That would be 10000000 million times better than forcing the pick a 3 for a dt we don't need that badly and having no second rounder.

im selling myself short, but it still would be better for us. The OP offered a dream scenario and everyone scoffs? Lol

according to the value chart we'd be getting ripped off

round 1.3: 2200

#15: 1050
#46: 440
#76: 210

future picks get cut in half, so even if the Redskins had the #1 overall we'd only get 2020 #33, & 2020 #97 worth 265 and 56. I don't mind taking a little less value but this seems a little too light to me.

14 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I'm leaning more toward what you wrote.  So we would have #15, a 2nd and three 3rds this year to go with two 2nds and two 4ths next year. 

Not too shabby actually. Make em throw in a 5th or 6th next year and it's a deal! 

Taking a DT this year, as good as he may be, just doesn't get to where we want to be. I would seriously consider a trade like this. 

56 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

2020 2nd and 4th 

Are you a Redskin fan? This is thievery that even Mac isn't dumb enough to do.

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

The 3rd pick is worth 2200 points

for

Washington 1st (1050), 46 (440)  77 (205) which equals 1695. 

Washington 2020 2nd equals about 200 and their 4th equals about 36. So that's a grand total of about 1930. 

So we'd be giving up 2200 in value for 1930. No GM would ever do that. Especially when teams trading up for QBs (Bears with Trubisky, Rams with Goff, Jets with Darnold) all vastly OVERPAID. 

So we would need Redskins 2019 1st, 2nd, 3rd plus next years 1st to start. It is true that the Draft Trade Chart is NOT an exact science. But based on that chart, every team trading down with a team looking to get a QB has gotten WAY more in value. So should we. 

Agree with the overall premise, but in the event you just can't get more due to the nature of this QB class and the need vs demand right now, you would have to consider this trade. Especially when you add to it that the value of BPA leans toward the Jets feeling the pressure to take another DT with the 3rd Pick. 

What helps us more this year? losing out on 270 draft chart points or having the opportunity to grab 5 players in the first two days of the draft this year and 4 guys next year? 

Sure the chart needs to be considered, but the specifics of the actual draft should be as well. 

40 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes. Absolutely. It’s a no brainer. Jets don’t need 3 overall this year. We need offense.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

34 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Both,  100%. We don't need the #3 over all pick this draft. We need prospects. I would make almost any trade to get out of the #3 and aquire picks. Any trade.......

Torn on this one. It isn't quite enough valuewise, but we need more picks badly, and this helps in that regard. Get their 1st and a 2/3 this year and next and maybe get a player from them and I think the jets would have to take it.  They still have an outside shot at Taylor from Florida or one of the WR with the Redskins pick, and they'd be back in business in rd 2, with 3 picks in the 3rd.

The more I think about it, someone will fall to #15, they always do... I like the idea of coming out of this draft with 6 of these guys instead 4 (adding a 2 and 3). The only rational argument is that you don't trust Mac to make the right picks (hopefully he proves those folks wrong this year)... otherwise this draft screams for quantity over a higher slot.

• DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Brian Burns, Devin Bush, Cody Ford, Greg Little
  • JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Yodny Cajuste, Elgton Jenkins, Josh Jacobs, Andre Dillard
  • D'Andre Walker, Trey Adams, Vosean Joseph, Deebo Samuel, David Edwards
  • Jalen Jelks, Kris Boyd, David Montgomery, Benny Snell, Chris Lindstrom
  • Kaleb McGary, Porter Gustin, Tyler Biadsasz, David Sills

49 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Agree with the overall premise, but in the event you just can't get more due to the nature of this QB class and the need vs demand right now, you would have to consider this trade. Especially when you add to it that the value of BPA leans toward the Jets feeling the pressure to take another DT with the 3rd Pick. 

What helps us more this year? losing out on 270 draft chart points or having the opportunity to grab 5 players in the first two days of the draft this year and 4 guys next year? 

Sure the chart needs to be considered, but the specifics of the actual draft should be as well. 

In a draft with three elite players at the top, at least by most accounts, you don't trade down for the sake of trading down. 

If you can get an Aaron Donald/Mack/Watt with the third pick you make that pick unless someone makes it worth your while to do otherwise. If it was a weak top 3 then I could see trading down for less.. Not this year.

2 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

2020 2nd and 4th 

Here's what I would take for that move down:

Jets receive:

2019: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd (Comp pick for losing Cousins)

2020: 1st, 3rd

That would give us 6 picks in the first 2 days in 2019 and 5 picks in the first 2 days in 2020.

I actually think if Haskins does great in the pre draft process and Washington falls in love with him that they will do whatever it takes to get ahead of the Giants. Snyder is not afraid to be aggressive and he's done it before for RG3.

16 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

In a draft with three elite players at the top, at least by most accounts, you don't trade down for the sake of trading down. 

If you can get an Aaron Donald/Mack/Watt with the third pick you make that pick unless someone makes it worth your while to do otherwise. If it was a weak top 3 then I could see trading down for less.. Not this year.

I don’t think there is three elite players in this draft and the Jets need a lot more then one defender. They’d have 11 picks in the first two rounds in 19/20. That’s franchise changing. 

21 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You do what benefits the team. This offseason should all be about offense. Drafting a DT at #3 will not help this team win games next year nearly as much as bringing in one of the top offensive lineman or offensive skill players. It's an offensive league and from all indications the front office and owner are finally understanding that.

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

You do what benefits the team. This offseason should all be about offense. Drafting a DT at #3 will not help this team win games next year nearly as much as bringing in one of the top offensive lineman or offensive skill players. It's an offensive league and from all indications the front office and owner are finally understanding that.

We need to address the offense. Thankfully there is free agency and we have a ton of cap space. We could fix the oline and pick up a high end offensive weapon in free agency/trade thereby allowing us to make the smart move on draft day (offense or defense, trade down or not) instead of the desperation move some of you are advocating.

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

We need to address the offense. Thankfully there is free agency and we have a ton of cap space. We could fix the oline and pick up a high end offensive weapon in free agency/trade thereby allowing us to make the smart move on draft day (offense or defense, trade down or not) instead of the desperation move some of you are advocating.

If I can move down 12 spots and pick up a 2nd, 2-3rds in 2019 plus a 1st and a 3rd in 2020 I would do that in a heartbeat. That would be the smart move. Not trading down in the past bc guys slipped to us was a big mistake. Hopefully the Jets learned their lesson. 

24 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Personally I don't see a Donald/Mack/Watt in this draft... I see a Joey Bosa who played less, maybe an Anthony Barr, and a Jonathan Allen type. If we compare trades with last years IND deal then it's also fair to say: where would Nick Bosa or Quinnen have went last year? #5? Is he better than Bradley Chubb? I read the reports on Gary, Oliver, Sweat, Ferrell and I also see great potential but no locks.

It's early and the combine can certainly change my mind, but at this moment I lead towards more picks and grabbing the best offensive player with the #1 and then loading up on OL, RB, and OLB/DE.

DK Metcalf, a 2 and three 3s sounds better to me than Quinnen Williams and two threes.

Archived