Would you make this trade with Washington?

WayneChrebet80

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's the Redskins #1,2 and #3 this year and next year's #1 and 4 then I'm in.  The #2 and 4 next year is a little bit hard to swallow, but I'd consider it.  I think posters here fail to realize that the Redskins 2nd and 3rd this year, are almost mid round picks, making them less attractive.  Next year they will most likely be closer to the top.

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

The 3rd pick is worth 2200 points

for

Washington 1st (1050), 46 (440)  77 (205) which equals 1695. 

Washington 2020 2nd equals about 200 and their 4th equals about 36. So that's a grand total of about 1930. 

So we'd be giving up 2200 in value for 1930. No GM would ever do that. Especially when teams trading up for QBs (Bears with Trubisky, Rams with Goff, Jets with Darnold) all vastly OVERPAID. 

So we would need Redskins 2019 1st, 2nd, 3rd plus next years 1st to start. It is true that the Draft Trade Chart is NOT an exact science. But based on that chart, every team trading down with a team looking to get a QB has gotten WAY more in value. So should we. 

We have Mac, get the picks and when he is fired next year we can do it right.  We need bodies.

Anyone who thinks Haskins and Murray will fall need their bumps felt.

There are to many QB needy teams, plus the success of last years crop makes those teams even more desperate.

Three is the perfect spot, if some team moves into the top two, to get their guy then we may get a Bosa. Since it's cheaper to trade up to 3 it's the better spot for the trade up. Either way I believe we are sitting pretty.

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Anyone who thinks Haskins and Murray will fall need their bumps felt.

There are to many QB needy teams, plus the success of last years crop makes those teams even more desperate.

Three is the perfect spot, if some team moves into the top two, to get their guy then we may get a Bosa. Since it's cheaper to trade up to 3 it's the better spot for the trade up. Either way I believe we are sitting pretty.

I think one of the two will be drafted top 3 and the other will fall possibly as far as 10-12

8 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

In a draft with three elite players at the top, at least by most accounts, you don't trade down for the sake of trading down. 

If you can get an Aaron Donald/Mack/Watt with the third pick you make that pick unless someone makes it worth your while to do otherwise. If it was a weak top 3 then I could see trading down for less.. Not this year.

I get what yore's saying of course, but It's not for the sake of trading down. It's to get 5 picks in the first 95 players selected or so this year and 4 next year. And a 4th. 

Stockpiling earlier rd picks gives you a solid approach to building a team. If that elite guy ends up being Watt, then sure it would end up being worth it, but how many elite guys coming out each year don't live up to billing?  DT at 3 is risky business. 

10 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

It would also screw the Giants who would have to face Haskins twice a year

the redskins would have to throw in a bit more.  but it could be interesting.  if haskins is the next it qb then maybe the giaints and the redskins get into a bit of a bidding war for the 3rd pick.  both teams need a qb, badly.

8 hours ago, Larz said:

They won't have to come all the way up to 3

Right. So the point is to dangle the same value the guy at 4-6 is offering to get them to choose to come up top. 

I am hoping these QB's light up the combine which would help create a feeding frenzy. That would raise the desire for people to climb up as high as they can. That creates a scenario where the niners and cards could dangle the bait as well though which could be problematic. 

We need to be really careful and play this right. offer Just enough value while still getting a haul that's worth the move. 

9 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Absolutely, **** the value trade chart. Half the trades don’t meet those parameters and that’s a huge haul for the Jets.

They’d have a first, second and three thirds this year plus extra picks next year they can use to move up if they want or draft extra players. 

I’d do it simply to keep Maccagnan from wasting another top ten pick this year and letting the new GM next year start out with a bunch of picks. Chances are good in this scenario that the Jets and Skins picks are top ten in 2020 regardless, so why not?

Here's where I am with you and the effing memes. I don't believe a grown man would do it as often as you do and think its clever.
I'm going to assume you're a 7th grade girl, and with everything replying to someone that age on the internet entails, you're going on ignore.

Gotta say. I like the memes. Although one was a gif.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I like posts like this for the reason that when we don't trade down the same people knocking the jets not getting enough will be the same ones who are irate that we couldn't find a trade partner. Don't get me wrong this trade isn't good for us but you gotta also remember there is no great qb prospect this year.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

I get what yore's saying of course, but It's not for the sake of trading down. It's to get 5 picks in the first 95 players selected or so this year and 4 next year. And a 4th. 

Stockpiling earlier rd picks gives you a solid approach to building a team. If that elite guy ends up being Watt, then sure it would end up being worth it, but how many elite guys coming out each year don't live up to billing?  DT at 3 is risky business. 

Plus, what have Watt + Clowney + Mercilus won in Houston? Nada. They had there chance when Luck got hurt. Now the Colts have a sh*t ton of money & a bunch of nice draft picks after a awesome draft last year. Say hello to 2nd place Bill Obrien. And if the Jags somehow get Foles, Texans might finish 3rd in the AFC South.

No effin way....when it's all said and done there are gonna be 3 QBs chosen in the top 10.  By late April teams will have convinced themselves that they need to move up or they will miss out on the next big franchise QB.

Now...I'm not saying that there are 3 QBs worthy of taking in the top ten.....but this is how it goes now.  When the dust settles there are gonna be three GMs who have convinced themselves that they have to take a QB sooner rather than later.

You're already seeing mocks out there with Murray, Haskins, Lock and Jones going in the top 15...and the combine hasn't even happened yet.

GMs will think to themselves that they can't be the next one to let the likes of Watson or Mahomes get past them.

We should be in prime position.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I’d do it simply to keep Maccagnan from wasting another top ten pick this year and letting the new GM next year start out with a bunch of picks. Chances are good in this scenario that the Jets and Skins picks are top ten in 2020 regardless, so why not?

I'd like to come up with a bet with you that the Jets do not end up picking in the top 10 next year. I'm that positive heading into 2019 free agency & draft with Darnold in his 2nd year & Bowles/Rogers/Bates kicked to the curb finally.

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Right. So the point is to dangle the same value the guy at 4-6 is offering to get them to choose to come up top. 

I am hoping these QB's light up the combine which would help create a feeding frenzy. That would raise the desire for people to climb up as high as they can. That creates a scenario where the niners and cards could dangle the bait as well though which could be problematic. 

We need to be really careful and play this right. offer Just enough value while still getting a haul that's worth the move

We need 1 QB to have a great pro day and all the others to bomb 

Foles will be a big factor as well. If he goes to the jags say then maybe teams are comfortable just seeing who comes to them 

25 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Plus, what have Watt + Clowney + Mercilus won in Houston? Nada. They had there chance when Luck got hurt. Now the Colts have a sh*t ton of money & a bunch of nice draft picks after a awesome draft last year. Say hello to 2nd place Bill Obrien. And if the Jags somehow get Foles, Texans might finish 3rd in the AFC South.

Right., That's not to demean the value of those guys, especially Watt, but it's just not the priority. Protecting Sam and giving him legitimate weapons to go with Herndon and Anderson is absolutely key. Whatever we have to do to accomplish that is what we should be doing.  This type of a trade is closer to that ideal than drafting Q or Allen at #3 imo. 

11 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Haskins is a local kid and I could see the Redskins being aggressive to land him. With that said the Jets will have to take somewhat of a discount as I think San Francisco and Tampa would gladly move back as well. 

Washington receives 2019 3rd Pick overall

Jets receive 2019 1st, 2nd, 3rd

2020 2nd and 4th 

Obviously a lot worse than the Colts did trading down three spots with with the NYJ, but with Denver getting Flacco and Jacksonville rumored to get Foles I just don’t see any teams that desperate to move up. 

With one second and three thirds the Jets could be fill out the roster nicely. 

We dont have to give anyone a discount to make a trade.

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

We need 1 QB to have a great pro day and all the others to bomb 

Foles will be a big factor as well. If he goes to the jags say then maybe teams are comfortable just seeing who comes to them 

One or more. It would be great to have the top three have solid combines and/or proday. Murray, Lock and Haskins doing that would dramatically increase our ability to get a nice haul in a trade. 

If everything remains the same, I would take a trade like the OP presented as it is better than the 3rd pick no matter the 300 point discrepancy in the  draft value chart. 

9 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I don’t think there is three elite players in this draft and the Jets need a lot more then one defender. They’d have 11 picks in the first two rounds in 19/20. That’s franchise changing. 

We currently have three picks in the first two rounds and 6 picks in the first three rounds of the two coming drafts.   How are we changing that into 11 picks in the first two rounds?

12 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Haskins is a local kid and I could see the Redskins being aggressive to land him. With that said the Jets will have to take somewhat of a discount as I think San Francisco and Tampa would gladly move back as well. 

Washington receives 2019 3rd Pick overall

Jets receive 2019 1st, 2nd, 3rd

2020 2nd and 4th 

Obviously a lot worse than the Colts did trading down three spots with with the NYJ, but with Denver getting Flacco and Jacksonville rumored to get Foles I just don’t see any teams that desperate to move up. 

With one second and three thirds the Jets could be fill out the roster nicely. 

WSH would have to pay a "premium" to move up that far for a QB.  The 2019 picks are fine but they would have to

give up their #1 and #2 in 2020 for me to consider it

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

We currently have three picks in the first two rounds and 6 picks in the first three rounds of the two coming drafts.   How are we changing that into 11 picks in the first two rounds?

I meant first two days not rounds and used @choon328 proposed trade.

We would have 8 if we used the original @WayneChrebet80 proposed.

I would do either in a heartbeat. Obviously choon’s is better but WC is still a ton of high picks. 

11 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

according to the value chart we'd be getting ripped off

round 1.3: 2200

#15: 1050
#46: 440
#76: 210

future picks get cut in half, so even if the Redskins had the #1 overall we'd only get 2020 #33, & 2020 #97 worth 265 and 56. I don't mind taking a little less value but this seems a little too light to me.

I understand that. 

But in an unusual draft the chart goes out the window.

what would you rather have:

the 3 rd pick and no second rounder OR lets say the 9th pick AND an early second rounder?

at 9, wed still get a great talented playermaker that we need plus that 2nd would get us another talent like another OL guy.

so we would be ahead in that scenario. Chart  be damned

The market to trade up for a qb is a premium to the trade value  chart.  

Otherwise the trade value chart does not matter much.  

If hoskins is there, the Jets should not trade down at a discount to the chart.  Someone will pay at least value.  

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I really want the Jets to trade down also. We need to stockpile picks. But I don't think any GM, in the same situation, would take less than value to move down from 3-15. 

Either way, if there are 1-2 QBs that teams love there will be a team that will overpay to move up to 3. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I really want the Jets to trade down also. We need to stockpile picks. But I don't think any GM, in the same situation, would take less than value to move down from 3-15. 

Either way, if there are 1-2 QBs that teams love there will be a team that will overpay to move up to 3. 

It happens every draft, teams that need QB's will ALWAYS "fall in love" with someone.  That's why clowns like

EJ Manuel and Christian Ponder were first round picks

Archived