Wesley Walker ~ ~ ~    

kelly

15 minutes ago, kelly said:

Where Are They Now : Wesley Walker      https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/where-are-they-now-wesley-walker 

Walker’s late 4q catch of a Richard Todd bomb in the division round vs the Raiders in 1981 was the reason I became a Jets fan. That catch was the greatest thing I’d ever seen in my six year old life at the time. 

58 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Definitely one of my all time favorites.  Was an extremely exciting player.  Sounds like a good guy too.

Mine too, and you Mr. Harper with the exception of the opening kickoff fumble in the Buffalo wild card game .. I would venture to say Wes Walker was the best WR in NYJ History, or at least a close second to the great Don Maynard.

2 hours ago, Freemanm said:

Walker’s late 4q catch of a Richard Todd bomb in the division round vs the Raiders in 1981 was the reason I became a Jets fan. That catch was the greatest thing I’d ever seen in my six year old life at the time. 

It was the 1982 playoffs,. See clip below from the NFL today pregame show from the next day.  Fast forward until about the 21:00 mark for the highlights.

Wesley visited an elementary school on Staten Island many years ago, to talk to the kids.  What a Gentleman.  Knew he would be.  My dog had a Jets jersey on, he signed him.  Cherished it for years.  Not surprised he became a teacher, and continues to help people.  His humanity was evident.  The exact example of why you want "citizens" on your team instead of schmucks.  "Where are they now, Aaron Hernandez"?

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

Mine too, and you Mr. Harper with the exception of the opening kickoff fumble in the Buffalo wild card game .. I would venture to say Wes Walker was the best WR in NYJ History, or at least a close second to the great Don Maynard.

Lol.  Harper and Walker are probably the two biggest reasons why I'm a Jets fans.  Thanks a lot, guys (jk).

He was  a gazelle out there, I was always worried he would get hurt by some huge hit, because he was so graceful but not exactly big and strong. He was money for catching those short passes near the sidelines, because the DB had to respect his speed. He had world class speed and ran perfect routes.  Richard Todd underthrew him plenty, and if we had any other qb in there, Wesely Walker would have been even more productive. He and Riggins are my favorite Jets of all time, and it's not even close.

11 hours ago, Dcat said:

#85 stopped by our old lot 16-B tailgate one game (many, many years ago).  He was hanging at all the tailgates in that row.  Posed for a zillion photos and signed autographs for all.  One of my top 5 all-time Jets.  He also may have had a bit too much to drink, as you can see.  

@SAR I will tell you all about #85 when he visited Miami at away games...  Life of the party at South Beach.

Yeah, that Wesley moment was hysterical, the short version is that my friend and I flew down to Miami for the Jets visit in 2000, and the afternoon before was this Jets get together we heard about, Fireman Ed was there, a bunch of guys from the forums, and surprise, Wesley Walker shows up.  Great guy, like completely great.  

SAR I

Archived