Bell is now an out of shape fatty

HighPitch

10 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There was a video of Leveon Bell playing  basketball during the season. He didn't look fat or out of shape:

screen-shot-2018-11-07-at-2-46-36-pm.png

Pittsburgh-Steelers-LeVeon-Bell-looks-he

It's possible he added a couple of pounds, but he also could have bulked up (muscles) and not get all that fat. This feels like someone is trying to depress Bell's free agent value so they leaked this "info"

Only people that believe this are the ones who don't want Bell in the 1st place and want to use this to validate their opinions that we shouldn't sign him

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the rumors are true that Bell is fat and out of shape, would you still sign him???

I wouldn't sign him at all and what you are getting by signing him is a bad contract. The guy will take too much time to get in shape. He wouldn't be in "football" shape and the only thing that will come out of it is an injury. Once he gets injured then he gets prone to more injuries and then that contract you gave him is worthless to the team. 

Bell should have a sign that reads, "Buyer Beware", remember he didn't play a whole year of football. That video of him playing basketball means nothing. Remember a lot of teams that are interested or curious are not going to throw money at him unless he takes some type of physical.

Nobody can guarantee that he's in shape!!!

3 minutes ago, AL047 said:

If the rumors are true that Bell is fat and out of shape, would you still sign him???

I wouldn't sign him at all and what you are getting by signing him is a bad contract. The guy will take too much time to get in shape. He wouldn't be in "football" shape and the only thing that will come out of it is an injury. Once he gets injured then he gets prone to more injuries and then that contract you gave him is worthless to the team. 

Bell should have a sign that reads, "Buyer Beware", remember he didn't play a whole year of football. That video of him playing basketball means nothing. Remember a lot of teams that are interested or curious are not going to throw money at him unless he takes some type of physical.

Yogurt finger

46 minutes ago, AL047 said:

I'm not worried about his shape, I'm worried about paying any 27 year old RB big money.

Personally, my preference is to trade down and use a 2nd/3rd pick on Montgomery or Singletary at RB and spend a fraction of money on tevin Coleman. I don't love Coleman, but he's solid and better than McGuire and would give us insurance at RB which you always need. 

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Not worried about his weight. That'll come off easy. I'm worried about what's in his head and motivation. Plus that @#!%$^ said he wouldn't play for the Jets. Treat him like any other person who didn't want to be with you until they saw you won the lotto.

So what lotto have the sad sack Jets won since 19 f/^&€*n 68...

When is the last a team paid big money for a free agent running back, and it worked out? I cant remember the  names, but I recall some free agent running backs who had led the league in rushing, and they failed miserably when signed by another team (trent richardson is one?) 

12 hours ago, roscoeword said:

When is the last a team paid big money for a free agent running back, and it worked out? I cant remember the  names, but I recall some free agent running backs who had led the league in rushing, and they failed miserably when signed by another team (trent richardson is one?) 

Trent Richardson lead league in rushing when hahaha

Le’Veon Bell starts his flirting with two NFL teams

February 24, 2019 | 1:11pm

Enlarge Image
Le'Veon Bell
Le'Veon BellAP

Le’Veon Bell has been waiting a very long time for his free agency, and he’s going to enjoy it.

The soon-to-be-free Bell, who will not be franchise-tagged by the Steelers, asked his Twitter followers on Saturday, “so where do I go?” The cry for attention was realized, and immediately fans and players around the league were offering input.

Of course, Jets safety Jamal Adams was involved, writing, “Come help us win this Super Bowl brotha!!! Luv.” But it wasn’t Adams whom Bell responded to.

“If the eagles get leveon i will lose my s–t,” one Philly fan wrote — which Bell then passed along to his followers with a thinking-face emoji. Quickly, Eagles players pounced on the opening, with defensive end Chris Long endorsing the idea of landing the 2017 first-team All Pro, who didn’t play a game last season because of his contract dispute.

Safety Malcolm Jenkins then joined in on the fun, using a “Come quickly!” gif.

It wasn’t just NFL players doing the recruiting, though. Portland’s Damian Lillard, who’s from Oakland, added a pitch for Bell to join Jon Gruden’s Raiders, which Bell then retweeted.

This is probably all meaningless, as Bell almost certainly will go where the most money (and guaranteed money) is being offered. We’ll find out whose pocket is deepest beginning March 13, when free agency begins.

Archived