Jump to content

NFL Rumor Dolphins DeVante Parker all but gone in Miami


Recommended Posts

NFL rumors: Dolphins’ DeVante Parker ‘all but gone’ in Miami | Should Eagles be interested?

Updated 7:43 AM; Posted 5:55 AM
STF

Miami Dolphins wide receiver DeVante Parker (11) catches a pass, before an NFL football gam against the Buffalo Bills, Sunday, Oct. 23, 2016, in Miami Gardens, Fla. (AP Photo/Lynne Sladky) SYR (Lynne Sladky)

0
 
 
 
 
0shares

The Eagles should be in the market for wide receiver help this offseason. With Golden Tate, Mike Wallace and Jordan Matthews all set to hit free agency, Philadelphia will need to replenish its depth at the position.

Miami Dolphins wide receiver DeVante Parker could end up being an option for the Eagles. While he isn’t set to become a free agent in March, the Miami Herald’s Adam Beasley reports that Parker is “all but gone” in Miami.

The Dolphins picked up Parker’s $9.38 million fifth-year contract option last offseason. However, the wide receiver almost immediately had his name thrown around in trade rumors once the season started this past year. The Eagles were linked to Parker until the trade deadline. Instead of adding Parker, the Eagles sent a third-round pickto the Detroit Lions for Tate.

 

Can Eagles afford Le'Veon Bell?

 

Parker’s $9.38 million salary is only guaranteed for injury. The Dolphins, who are now under new leadership, could cut Parker and regain his entire cap charge to spend the money elsewhere. Miami could also trade him and regain his salary but that seems unlikely with his high cap number.

If he is available, should the Eagles be interested in adding Parker?

Yes and no. If he is cut and becomes a free agent, the Eagles should be interested in the 26-year-old playmaker. If he is only available in a trade, Philadelphia should focus on free agency and the draft to solve its wide receiver depth issues.

Parker hitting the open market would be ideal, as the wide receiver free agent class isn’t very appealing. The Eagles aren’t going to want to spend heavily in free agency because of their salary cap situation and focus on compensatory picks for the future.

However, Parker, who had a forgettable season in Miami last year, wouldn’t count against the compensatory pick formula if he were to be cut by the Dolphins. He would also probably be willing to sign a short-term, incentive-laden contract in order to prove himself before testing free agency again in a year or two.

Parker is still very young and has all of the tools to be a successful number one receiver in the league. The 6-foot-3, 216-pound receiver has 4.45-second 40-yard dash speed and an impressive catching radius. He has shown off his special talent in flashes in Miami but minor injuries have derailed Parker’s ability to find consistency.

A fresh start with an innovative play-caller and a young, dynamic quarterback could do wonders for Parker’s development and production. The Eagles need to surround quarterback Carson Wentzwith talented weapons and Parker still has plenty of upside. Parker could become a go-to weapon for Wentz on the outside opposite Alshon Jeffery and slot receiver Nelson Agholor, who is also playing on a $9.38 million fifth-year option.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a career underachiever we're talking about here.  He is tall, runs fast, is young, and doesn't make plays.. He has low production, low catch percentage and makes a reasonably high salary for a player of his status.  He is one of those "gonna" guys.  Gonna do this, Gonna do that, Gonna do nothing.  Pass. Why do we continue to give gold card status to everyone else's castoffs??

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Do you think Gase is satisfied with our WR corps? 

Anderson and enunwa compliment each other nicely.  Herdon can ball as a reciever.  

The cupboard isnt bare.  I think we go reciever in round 3 so we will add another through the draft.

If we can trade back in round 1 we can take hockenson as well.  

Anderson, enunwa, hockenson, herdon and a wr in the 3rd round would be a dream offseason for the passing game.

Add in paradis in fa, oline w/ our 2nd round pick and rb w/ our other 3rd round pick and this is a scary good offense.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nyjbuddy said:

"What a horrific decision by Coach Gaze (sic) and he needs to take a very long look in the mirror and make himself inactive."

 

That statement is just awesome!  I hate agents, but that's a jewel right there. 

Doesn't he know Gase CAN'T look in the mirror? His eyes just float around the room man? 

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Anderson and enunwa compliment each other nicely.  Herdon can ball as a reciever.  

The cupboard isnt bare.  I think we go reciever in round 3 so we will add another through the draft.

If we can trade back in round 1 we can take hockenson as well.  

Anderson, enunwa, hockenson, herdon and a wr in the 3rd round would be a dream offseason for the passing game.

Add in paradis in fa, oline w/ our 2nd round pick and rb w/ our other 3rd round pick and this is a scary good offense.

I like the idea of signing Humphries. He's exactly the kind of player we need. He knows how to get open in the middle of the field and catches everything. He would quickly become Darnold's go to security blanket. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

I like the idea of signing Humphries. He's exactly the kind of player we need. He knows how to get open in the middle of the field and catches everything. He would quickly become Darnold's go to security blanket. 

I agree he reminds me of Edelmann. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I like the idea of signing Humphries. He's exactly the kind of player we need. He knows how to get open in the middle of the field and catches everything. He would quickly become Darnold's go to security blanket. 

This is the guy we should be targeting. A slot supremo not a bust.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

This is a career underachiever we're talking about here.  He is tall, runs fast, is young, and doesn't make plays.. He has low production, low catch percentage and makes a reasonably high salary for a player of his status.  He is one of those "gonna" guys.  Gonna do this, Gonna do that, Gonna do nothing.  Pass. Why do we continue to give gold card status to everyone else's castoffs??

Agree also to answer your question—because we draft terribly so we have to chase castoffs 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad move to have your agent speak for you. Sorry, but if the coach sits your azz, there is a perfectly good reason. How long do you think Devonte Parker would last in New England if Belichick sat him & his agent criticized the move, lol. 

I always look to the most successful coach in the modern era of football, and ask, "What would Bill Belichick do?". He's proven, as soon as the players are running the asylum you have NO CHANCE! Just look no further than the Steelers. Go look at the Patriots roster compared to the Steelers. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

This is the guy we should be targeting. A slot supremo not a bust.

I thought Parker was the secret golden nugget of his draft class. I was upset when the Dolphins nabbed him. Now I don't love him so much. He has had essentially JAGS throwing to him, but he's been underwhelming. I would much rather leave this expensive experiment for someone else and take Humphries. 

I hope Humphries, Paradis and Coleman are the guys the Jets go right after to let them know they are the guys we want most. Not wait until Bell drags his a$$ and then turns us down so we can let those guys know they are an after thought. They should leave Bell on the shelf. Let him sit there with his demands and then come back when he's been settled down to earth or not at all. I don't want to see another ASO year where we lose everyone waiting to overpay for one overrated guy. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, nyjbuddy said:

I don't think this is someone that Gase would want.  His agent tore into Gase and the benching of Parker during the season.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000977001/article/devante-parkers-agent-blasts-dolphins-adam-gase

"No I haven't, but I find the decision to make DeVante inactive today by Coach Gaze (sic) incompetent and insulting," Gould said in a statement obtained by Pelissero. "It's also just not true and I am sick of hearing him say my player is not healthy. This is the third game this year that DeVante should have played in when you include the Jets and [New England]. DeVante is healthy and with injuries and [the Dolphins'] 6.1 [YPC], DeVante could have and should have been allowed to contribute.

"What a horrific decision by Coach Gaze (sic) and he needs to take a very long look in the mirror and make himself inactive."

Perhaps he will get a new agent, but I don't think the relationship between Gase and Parker is a positive one.

Other than this, he and his agent are very fond of Gase, no? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JiF said:

Gase hated Parker, one of the many players he totally alienated and wanted off the team.

And it seemed he was right. Landry is an A hole, Suh? Total A hole, Ajayi? A hole, Parker? A hole. Finding college players that buy in, play at 100% is not easy. The best NFL players are self motivated to be the best they can be, keep their mouths shut & work hard. Landry is just OBJ light, and a slot WR that wanted to be paid like a #1 wideout. Everyone knows Suh s a very good player who coasts most of the time, Ajayi was a fumbler, now you have Parker who cries to his agent & has his agent be his freaking Mommy? Give me a break. I think Gase made the right calls regarding these players. I want Le'veon Bell, but I do have reservations about his attitude. You just never know with these guys, the Patriots struck gold with Randy Moss. Can Gase handle the likes of Bell & get the most from him? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Do you think Gase is satisfied with our WR corps? 

So therefore it makes sense to bring in a WR he doesn't like because you once heard good things about him before the draft and are willing to ignore years of NFL failures? 

I have no problem bringing him in as depth, IF Gase wants to give him another shot. But if you think he is any better than Anderson/Enunwa you haven't watch much football (outside of the Jets bubble many here live in). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

And it seemed he was right. Landry is an A hole, Suh? Total A hole, Ajayi? A hole, Parker? A hole. Finding college players that buy in, play at 100% is not easy. The best NFL players are self motivated to be the best they can be, keep their mouths shut & work hard. Landry is just OBJ light, and a slot WR that wanted to be paid like a #1 wideout. Everyone knows Suh s a very good player who coasts most of the time, Ajayi was a fumbler, now you have Parker who cries to his agent & has his agent be his freaking Mommy? Give me a break. I think Gase made the right calls regarding these players. I want Le'veon Bell, but I do have reservations about his attitude. You just never know with these guys, the Patriots struck gold with Randy Moss. Can Gase handle the likes of Bell & get the most from him? 

Were they all assholes when they helped lead the Dolphins to the playoffs for the first time in a decade or did they become assholes the next season when Gase decided to bring in the glue guy, Jay Cutler to lead the team?

It's weird because they traded Ajayi to the Eagles and he helped them win a SB.  Suh, just played in the Super Bowl.  Landry was a crucial piece to the success of Baker Mayfield and the turn around of the Browns.  It's crazy how all these other teams were able to work with such terrible team destroying assholes.  It's strange how the team got worse when they left Miami. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Anderson and enunwa compliment each other nicely.  Herdon can ball as a reciever.  

The cupboard isnt bare.  I think we go reciever in round 3 so we will add another through the draft.

If we can trade back in round 1 we can take hockenson as well.  

Anderson, enunwa, hockenson, herdon and a wr in the 3rd round would be a dream offseason for the passing game.

Add in paradis in fa, oline w/ our 2nd round pick and rb w/ our other 3rd round pick and this is a scary good offense.

Mac drafting a mid round WR, what could go wrong

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Had this guy ever even had a decent game? I thought he was overhyped in the draft and I dont believe he has proved me wrong.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app
 

 He’s had a handful of good games and a handful  of average games but then has terrible games with drops or isn’t even a factor.  Signing him would be a waste of a roster spot, they need to get someone who is more consistent 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Bad move to have your agent speak for you. Sorry, but if the coach sits your azz, there is a perfectly good reason. How long do you think Devonte Parker would last in New England if Belichick sat him & his agent criticized the move, lol. 

I always look to the most successful coach in the modern era of football, and ask, "What would Bill Belichick do?". He's proven, as soon as the players are running the asylum you have NO CHANCE! Just look no further than the Steelers. Go look at the Patriots roster compared to the Steelers. 

1.  The answer to the first question is ;  Probably about 1 week.

2.  The answer to the second question is;  CHEAT.     {good post}

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JiF said:

Were they all assholes when they helped lead the Dolphins to the playoffs for the first time in a decade or did they become assholes the next season when Gase decided to bring in the glue guy, Jay Cutler to lead the team?

It's weird because they traded Ajayi to the Eagles and he helped them win a SB.  Suh, just played in the Super Bowl.  Landry was a crucial piece to the success of Baker Mayfield and the turn around of the Browns.  It's crazy how all these other teams were able to work with such terrible team destroying assholes.  It's strange how the team got worse when they left Miami. 

Yeah but together there may have been too much a$$holery for the team chemistry.  It's like Onions. They really are a wonderful thing, but put them together with chocolate and strawberries and its a bad dessert idea. 

Eh? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...