NFL Rumor Dolphins DeVante Parker all but gone in Miami

joewilly12

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Were they all assholes when they helped lead the Dolphins to the playoffs for the first time in a decade or did they become assholes the next season when Gase decided to bring in the glue guy, Jay Cutler to lead the team?

It's weird because they traded Ajayi to the Eagles and he helped them win a SB.  Suh, just played in the Super Bowl.  Landry was a crucial piece to the success of Baker Mayfield and the turn around of the Browns.  It's crazy how all these other teams were able to work with such terrible team destroying assholes.  It's strange how the team got worse when they left Miami. 

You find out a players character when things DON'T go well. Just like Suh being a 100% guy in the playoffs, well of course, the National spotlight is on you. 

Look know further than the Patriots to see the leadership of a player like Brady. Brady actually yells & screams in both practice & games when guys don't line up right or run the right routes. He's gotten guys cut or traded. 

But look at how the Patriots every year go through that, uh oh moments, the media saying, "I see cracks", but they have the leadership & the players who believe in the one play at a time mantra, the DO YOUR JOB mantra. When you have too many bad apples, it doesn't show up when winning, it shows up when losing. Guys that want to point fingers & say "It isn't me", instead of just buckling down, focus & try to do better. It's a fine line.

It happened here with Holmes. Guy was completely instrumental in one of our greatest road playoff wins in history. 2011? Ugh.

He’s had a handful of good games and a handful  of average games but then has terrible games with drops or isn’t even a factor.  Signing him would be a waste of a roster spot, they need to get someone who is more consistent 
We might already have a decent receiver in Burnett anyway I think the smartest move is to bring in someone young (Kevin white would be my pick but Parker could fit the bill) on a one year prove it deal, let brunette find some extended playing time and give Anderson a second round tender. Assumingn no one snags Anderson after the season consider drafting or trading for a true number one guy.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Yeah but together there may have been too much a$$holery for the team chemistry.  It's like Onions. They really are a wonderful thing, but put them together with chocolate and strawberries and its a bad dessert idea. 

Eh? 

The chemistry led them to the playoffs and then it went all downhill from there.

Do you honestly think there arent an abundance of Aholes on every roster? 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

You find out a players character when things DON'T go well. Just like Suh being a 100% guy in the playoffs, well of course, the National spotlight is on you. 

Look know further than the Patriots to see the leadership of a player like Brady. Brady actually yells & screams in both practice & games when guys don't line up right or run the right routes. He's gotten guys cut or traded. 

But look at how the Patriots every year go through that, uh oh moments, the media saying, "I see cracks", but they have the leadership & the players who believe in the one play at a time mantra, the DO YOUR JOB mantra. When you have too many bad apples, it doesn't show up when winning, it shows up when losing. Guys that want to point fingers & say "It isn't me", instead of just buckling down, focus & try to do better. It's a fine line.

It happened here with Holmes. Guy was completely instrumental in one of our greatest road playoff wins in history. 2011? Ugh.

Brady is the biggest Ahole is sports.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

The chemistry led them to the playoffs and then it went all downhill from there.

Do you honestly think there arent an abundance of Aholes on every roster? 

I honestly think there are less non Aholes on every team than Aholes. I think the entire NFL is filled with Aholes from the top down. Some mesh and some don't. They made the playoffs together and that certainly says something. I also find it desirable to make excuses for a guy who is now the leader of the Jets for some reason. 

I stand by the onion analogy. 

5 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I honestly think there are less non Aholes on every team than Aholes. I think the entire NFL is filled with Aholes from the top down. Some mesh and some don't. They made the playoffs together and that certainly says something. I also find it desirable to make excuses for a guy who is now the leader of the Jets for some reason. 

I stand by the onion analogy. 

Fair enough.  I'm just so skeptical of the hiring and was so surprised by it, I cant get these little things out of my mind. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Fair enough.  I'm just so skeptical of the hiring and was so surprised by it, I cant get these little things out of my mind. 

You and me both. I'm trying man. I really am. 

I'm still not entirely over the eyes. My Raven fan wife saw that press conference and just said. "I'm so sorry Kyle"  

That says it all. lol

5 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

You and me both. I'm trying man. I really am. 

I'm still not entirely over the eyes. My Raven fan wife saw that press conference and just said. "I'm so sorry Kyle"  

That says it all. lol

I was catching up with a friend the other day and we're talking about everything but sports.  And then out of the blue he goes; sooo, Adam Gase?  Really?  

I just hung my head in shame. 

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I was catching up with a friend the other day and we're talking about everything but sports.  And then out of the blue he goes; sooo, Adam Gase?  Really?  

I just hung my head in shame. 

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

lol. Exactly 

Don't know about you guys but I feel confident in Adam Gase being successful here and for me its anyone but Todd Bowles. 

Don't know about you guys but I feel confident in Adam Gase being successful here and for me its anyone but Todd Bowles. 

Oh I’m for sure hoping he will be. I’m not a naysayer for the sake of sayin nay here. I just hated the choice when it happened and am trying every day to warm up toward him. I’ve backed off of the ledge but I’m still very nervous.
It just reminds me of teams hiring our failed coaches thinking they would be better for them. Herm, mangini and Rex. This looks a lot like that on the surface.

I’m with ya though joewilly! Im all in buddy even if my words don’t always look that way.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I would sign him in a heartbeat to a prove it type non guaranteed deal like Hunt just signed with Cleveland. Talent wise he would be better than any receiver we have on our roster so there is no downside.

Apparently with Gase as our new HC it's not happening, so no need to further speculate.

Archived