Poll: "Spa Gate" Higher Profile Than Kraft

TuscanyTile2

Poll: "Spa Gate" Higher Profile Than Kraft  

50 members have voted

1. 1. If you had your choice of the "higher profile than Kraft to be involved in Spa Gate" Patriot, which would you choose?

• Bill Belichick
    • Tom Brady
    • Rob Gronkowski
    • Julian Edelman
    • Ernie Adams
  2. 2. If you had your choice of the "higher profile than Kraft to be involved in Spa Gate" amongst the following people, which would you choose?

• Bill Simmons
    • Mike Francesa
    • Tim Tebow
    • Manish Mehta
    • Derek Jeter
    • Mark Zuckerberg
    • Roger Goodell
    • Jerry Jones
    • Tiger Woods
    • Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino
    • Baker Mayfield

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/26/2019 at 04:57 AM

It's one thing to laugh at a guy caught soliciting a working girl, however, this got a bit more real when you hear 10 shops being closed and the investigation seems to have produced a sex trafficking ring which if true made the women sex slaves, which essentially makes this no different than rape and kidnapping...maybe worse given that it was made into a business for profit

This isnt funny. I stayed out of the thread's once i realized how serious the situation was, as it wasn't simply Kraft paying for favors. 

This is getting ignorant now. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

It's one thing to laugh at a guy caught soliciting a working girl, however, this got a bit more real when you hear 10 shops being closed and the investigation seems to have produced a sex trafficking ring which if true made the women sex slaves, which essentially makes this no different than rape and kidnapping...maybe worse given that it was made into a business for profit

This isnt funny. I stayed out of the treads once i realized how serious the situation was, as it wasn't simply Kraft paying for favors. 

100% it’s disgusting.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

This isnt funny. I stayed out of the treads once i realized how serious the situation was, as it wasn't simply Kraft paying for favors. 

I'm making light of Kraft's involvement in this situation.  Afaik, there's no talk about him being involved in the sex trafficking.  I heard he was facing a misdemeanor.  

11 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

This isnt funny. I stayed out of the thread's once i realized how serious the situation was, as it wasn't simply Kraft paying for favors. 

I have to admit, I found this story amusing at first, but then they revealed what was actually going on at these places and it’s horrifying. Kraft deserves the absolute worst punishment possible

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I have to admit, I found this story amusing at first, but then they revealed what was actually going on at these places and it’s horrifying. Kraft deserves the absolute worst punishment possible

I'd sniff crushers belly button if you could prove you've never been to a rub n tug. The idea that you havent is as close to a 0% chance as Mac drafting an all pro in round 2 this year.

16 minutes ago, CTM said:

I'd sniff crushers belly button if you could prove you've never been to a rub n tug. The idea that you havent is as close to a 0% chance as Mac drafting an all pro in round 2 this year.

I’m attractive, charming, and have exceedingly supple hands.

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What if Kraft had no idea what was going on in that place though?  

Have you ever purchased Nike sneakers by the way?  Have you ever seen the conditions the workers endure?  

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Have you ever purchased Nike sneakers by the way?  Have you ever seen the conditions the workers endure?  

Yeah, but I didn’t end up raping the five year old who made my sneakers.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is this comment for real?

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, but I didn’t end up raping the five year old who made my sneakers.

I was going to make a fairly humorous joke at Shane's expense but this is a very serious issue.

I only clicked choices on the poll because I had no idea of the nature of the situation.

Going to see if I can retract my vote now.

1 minute ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Always like your posts {almost}, but don't try to defend the indefensible.  Man up, and give it up already.  You can't be enjoying this.  I don't like being wrong either.

I don't understand how I'm defending the indefensible though.  Let's say Kraft was under the impression that he was making an agreement with a consenting female where he would pay her for sexual favors.  Yes, it's illegal by law but most sane adults have absolutely zero issue with such an arrangement (why is it government's place to tell 2 consenting adults what they can't do?)

I understand this turned into a sex trafficking situation and I agree that such a thing should be a crime (because one of the participants was being forced to do something against their will).  But if Kraft had no idea that sex trafficking was part of the situation then why is everyone freaking out?  Again, he was charged with a misdemeanor. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I also thought the exact same thing at first. I thought it was a situation where it was alleged that he was paying for services and was basically caught by TMZ or something. You know, the usual shenanigans. 

I also went into the initial forum and began liking posts thinking that it was hilarious and something that I can add to the Wall of Patriots shame. But when the details of what was alleged began to come out, the bigger picture, it was immediately clear that this wasn't a joke or to be taken lightly. 

As for Kraft, Im not one to say that a man is guilty before his day in court to defend himself, though honestly it isnt looking good for him at all given that the police publicly stated that they also have him on video tape. If true, then there will be no defending that. 

However, I think that when folks realized that this was considered a sex trafficking ring for the purpose of profiting off of sex slavery and not two grown adults simply making a mutual business transaction, folks should have shown a bit more restraint when it came to the jokes. This is clearly a horrible and sad situation. And that's why I didn't say anything until a "3rd thread" was created. It's like  "enough already", this situation is not funny. 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't understand how I'm defending the indefensible though.  Let's say Kraft was under the impression that he was making an agreement with a consenting female where he would pay her for sexual favors.  Yes, it's illegal by law but most sane adults have absolutely zero issue with such an arrangement (why is it government's place to tell 2 consenting adults what they can't do?)

I understand this turned into a sex trafficking situation and I agree that such a thing should be a crime (because one of the participants was being forced to do something against their will).  But if Kraft had no idea that sex trafficking was part of the situation then why is everyone freaking out?  Again, he was charged with a misdemeanor. 

This is not a referendum on Kraft.  I personally don't give a sh*t about your typical 80 something, part time Florida resident pervert.  eff him.  This is about poor taste and knowing when enough is  enough.  Sometimes kids snicker when they see another who is odd or "off" in some way.   Then, when they find out if he has a retardation problem or a medical issue that is serious, if they continue to make fun, that makes them assholes.  We don't make "fun" of Cancer.  There is a reason for that.  When it became apparent that this was about Human Sex Trafficking and not just about some old man getting a hand job, then was the time to end the snickering and tasteless jokes.  That is the point here.  It's not about Kraft.  It's about being decent, and knowing when "enough is enough".

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm making light of Kraft's involvement in this situation.  Afaik, there's no talk about him being involved in the sex trafficking.  I heard he was facing a misdemeanor.  

Though I disagree that you can separate Kraft's involvement based on his charges, this is one of the reasons why I didn't quote you directly when I made my initial statement given that I wasn't just directing that to you but to the forum overall. 

I understand what you're saying, however, this situation is not one where you separate one's involvement because of misdemeanor charges, and because the charges seem "light" we can make light of a situation that involves sex trafficking. You just don't do that brother. 

Folks are of course free to say what they want, which is why I decided not to participate in the conversation when I found out more of the story, however I just felt the need to say something given that this was literally the 3rd thread on the topic. It's really not that funny. 

But again, not directed solely at you, and that's why I didn't quote you. I just felt like I needed to say something so others could probably put into perspective that its very possible that women were shipped in crates to another country to be forced to sell themselves to men or women, and could do nothing about it. 

There's nothing light about that. 

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So what youre saying is Kraft rightfully thought that the illegal prostitution ring was on the up and  up?

That no one was being exploited in any way?  That the girls were there by their own free will?  Hey maybe they were college girls trying to make some extra money to get through school?

4 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

This is not a referendum on Kraft.  I personally don't give a sh*t about your typical 80 something, part time Florida resident pervert.  eff him.  This is about poor taste and knowing when enough is  enough.  Sometimes kids snicker when they see another who is odd or "off" in some way.   Then, when they find out if he has a retardation problem or a medical issue that is serious, if they continue to make fun, that makes them assholes.  We don't make "fun" of Cancer.  There is a reason for that.  When it became apparent that this was about Human Sex Trafficking and not just about some old man getting a hand job, then was the time to end the snickering and tasteless jokes.  That is the point here.  It's not about Kraft.  It's about being decent, and knowing when "enough is enough".

Human sex trafficking was part of this case from the very beginning when the story first came out.  Yet you upvoted the post below (which is essentially the exact same concept as the poll I made.  It even includes one of the names in my poll).

image.png

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So what youre saying is Kraft rightfully thought that the illegal prostitution ring was on the up and  up?

That no one was being exploited in any way?  That the girls were there by their own free will?  Hey maybe they were college girls trying to make some extra money to get through school?

I've got shocking news for you but there are girls in this world who voluntarily choose to sell sex for money.

12 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Though I disagree that you can separate Kraft's involvement based on his charges, this is one of the reasons why I didn't quote you directly when I made my initial statement given that I wasn't just directing that to you but to the forum overall. 

I understand what you're saying, however, this situation is not one where you separate one's involvement because of misdemeanor charges, and because the charges seem "light" we can make light of a situation that involves sex trafficking. You just don't do that brother. 

Folks are of course free to say what they want, which is why I decided not to participate in the conversation when I found out more of the story, however I just felt the need to say something given that this was literally the 3rd thread on the topic. It's really not that funny. 

But again, not directed solely at you, and that's why I didn't quote you. I just felt like I needed to say something so others could probably put into perspective that its very possible that women were shipped in crates to another country to be forced to sell themselves to men or women, and could do nothing about it. 

There's nothing light about that. 

Literally nobody on this forum is making light of sex trafficking.  Pretty much every post has been poking fun at (mostly) the Patriots.  

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Human sex trafficking was part of this case from the very beginning when the story first came out.  Yet you upvoted the post below (which is essentially the exact same concept as the poll I made.  It even includes one of the names in my poll).

image.png

When I upvoted or liked  that comment all I was aware of was that the old pervert got busted in a "massage parlor". I even voted in that stupid poll of yours.  I regret getting involved in the discussion other than my comments to you. I realize and acknowledge I was wrong.    Yet 18 hours later you still are trying to support this stupidity.  Why?  The fact this thread has only 1+ pages of comments should tell you something.  Think about it.

13 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

100% true. Yet, holy crap!

Archived