AAF Live 2/23

flgreen

Just now, sourceworx said:

Forget the throwing motion. His body language is horrible. Looks like he has a sh!tty attitude.

Throwing motion, body language, and attitude aside, he's just a sh*tty QB. He can't even Hack it in the AAF and some people were excited when we drafted him and made every excuse in the book why he was failing. He's just not good at QBing. 

7 minutes ago, RobR said:

Throwing motion, body language, and attitude aside, he's just a sh*tty QB. He can't even Hack it in the AAF and some people were excited when we drafted him and made every excuse in the book why he was failing. He's just not good at QBing. 

I'll admit I was happy the Jets took him (maybe not in the second round, mind you). For me at least, I was blinded by the measurables, arm talent, and classroom knowledge. 

Mettenberger is in.

5 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Mettenberger is in.

And throws a TD on his first drive.

FTR I hated the Hack pick the second the card was put in. He was terrible in college, so I'm not sure why people thought he would pan out in the NFL.

I know this question has been worn out but What was Mac thinking? when he drafted Hack in the second round and then he has a shot at a good QB the next season - Maholmes or Watson and he doesn’t pick either? Mac must of had Tom Shane in his ear and picked Adams over Maholmes?

17 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I know this question has been worn out but What was Mac thinking? when he drafted Hack in the second round and then he has a shot at a good QB the next season - Maholmes or Watson and he doesn’t pick either? Mac must of had Tom Shane in his ear and picked Adams over Maholmes?

I guess a lot of people are pissed about this...but I’m not.

Hack was a sh*t pick, no arguments there.

And sure, in hindsight you can get pissed about Macc not taking Mahomes I guess, but I didn’t want jack dick to do with that QB class at the time. But even in hindsight, I sure as sh*t wouldn’t want to be stuck with Watson over Darnold right now. And you can bet your ass we would’ve went with Watson over Mahomes if we would’ve went the QB route at #6.

All during the lead up to that draft, I was all about either Fournette or Adams.

Well, we ended up with Adams who was an all-pro during his sophomore season and also wound up with Darnold the following year who I still wholeheartedly believe is the best QB prospect since Luck.

There are plenty of reasons to knock Macc, but that isn’t one of them as far as I’m concerned.

Those are two of the rare, really good moves that he’s made in the draft.

12 hours ago, Nixhead said:

It was a horrible pick. Beyond horrible. But it was a 2nd round pick and there have been plenty of QB busts in the 1st round let alone the 2nd round.  

If  you look at the draft history of just about every GM you will find a terrible QB pick in the 2nd/3rd/4th/5th round. The mistake was taking him in the 2nd instead of waiting until the 4th where a flier on a kid like Hack made more sense. 

Elway still has a job and he has flopped on a number of QB picks. The hope is that Macc has learned from his mistakes and is developing into a good GM. His draft picks the last couple of years have been better than his first 2 years. Adams/Darnold/Herndon/Maye all seem to be really good players with pro bowl potential. 

Back to the AAF. It's curious to see a team let Hack start. It's almost as if some teams were trying to win games while others were trying to develop players. Mettenberger is so much better than Hack, yet Hack was given 2.5 games to "figure things out." 

1 hour ago, Blackout said:

I get both CBSN and NFL network from spectrum.  Even on the app so I can watch on my phone.

52 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I disagree, I think their website is fine... I don't need to hear an announcer call the game. 

I get both as well but they need to be on bigger channels if they want to succeed and their website sucks. 

Archived