Should the Jets Pick Quinnen William with the 3rd Pick in this years Draft?

Gang_Green

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

He definitely can be a Warren Sapp or Aaron Donald type of interior disruptor

QW also has 0.0 bust factor.  As much as I like Allen and Bosa both could flop in the nfl

I'm at a loss with what to say to some of you. 

On 3/23/2019 at 12:09 PM, RoadFan said:

I just looked at some tape. 

If the rest of his tape checks out, yes... Take him at #3.  He is a pass rusher.  And a run stuffer.  And a dominant player ala Warren Sapp, Kris Jenkins, etc.

Then maybe you should check out the Clemson game. You know, the ONLY game where Alabama wasn't up 20-30 points by half time. The ONLY game where that defense was tested.... and not the 12 game snore fest vs QBs having to throw the ball on every play

People. Please wake up.

QW is good prospect. He is NOT however a generational talent. He is no different than the annual "beast DT" that comes out and plays for 4 teams by the time they're 28. See Suh. See Richardson. See Dareus. See the other 43 'bama DTs you don't talk about like DeShawn Robinson

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Then maybe you should check out the Clemson game. You know, the ONLY game where Alabama wasn't up 20-30 points by half time. The ONLY game where that defense was tested.... and not the 12 game snore fest vs QBs having to throw the ball on every play

People. Please wake up.

QW is good prospect. He is NOT however a generational talent. He is no different than the annual "beast DT" that comes out and plays for 4 teams by the team they're 28. See Suh. See Richardson. See Dareus. See the other 43 'bama DTs you don't talk about like DeShawn Robinson

I'm listening...  You are being heard.

I will rewatch.  And rewatch again. 

Not that it ultimately matters.  It's just for bragging rights, really.  The Jets are going to do what they're going to do...

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

QW is good prospect. He is NOT however a generational talent. He is no different than the annual "beast DT" that comes out and plays for 4 teams by the team they're 28. See Suh. See Richardson. See Dareus. See the other 43 'bama DTs you don't talk about like DeShawn Robinson

I agree with most of this. After watching as much tape as I can on QW I definitely believe he is a better prospect than Leonard Williams only because of his get-off. Could that possibly be because Bama was blowing out every team this year? I'd say it's more probable than possible. He also tested eerily similar to Leo when it comes to explosiveness.....eerily.

If you want that disruptive interior presence you draft Ed Oliver. Sorry for beating the dead horse on Oliver but I see some are starting too come around on him.  Can't wait till his pro day on friday.....maybe then he'll start getting the respect he deserves.

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Not that it ultimately matters.  It's just for bragging rights, really.  The Jets are going to do what they're going to do...

You got that right. 

Look, i'm not doing myself any good by chastising all these pro-QW posts... but it's too much to read some times. "Kids a damn stud. best player in the draft.."... OMG.. even if... even if, that's true, he still doesn't help this team. No more than passing on Gurley for Leo did.

Redundancy. It's a bitch.  

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Ed Oliver has been doing this since he was a true freshman......all the while QW was being redshirted and was a back-up rotational player until last year.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

People. Please wake up.

QW is good prospect. He is NOT however a generational talent. He is no different than the annual "beast DT" that comes out and plays for 4 teams by the time they're 28. See Suh. See Richardson. See Dareus. See the other 43 'bama DTs you don't talk about like DeShawn Robinson

We should ignore the other 12 games?

Got it 

17 minutes ago, RobR said:

Glad you guys are finally coming around. Been touting Oliver for three years now so none of these numbers surprise me. Kid is a total freak with the tape too back it up.

I never wasn't "around" on him, but I was not high another DT.  I might pick him and move him all over.  Word is that he told the press that the Titans already asked him to play EDGE.  I don't see why not.  Short arms?  Who gives a ****?

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I never wasn't "around" on him, but I was not high another DT.

It just seems like I was the only one around here even bringing up his name for the past few months.

Like you, I want an offensive player but I'm not passing up the best player in the draft for one.

• Upvote 1

Pump your brakes. Quinnen is the better football player, but people want to get themselves all worked up over a pro day and/or what a players sparq is. Houston may turn out to be a good pro, but he's a risk and anyone ignoring that is fooling themselves. Lets be real, the SEC competition is more fierce than the cream puffs Oliver faced playing for Houston. Quinnen William's should and he will be drafted ahead of Ed Oliver. Pack that nugget in your pipe and sparqy it. Lol

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Pump your brakes. Quinnen is the better football player, but people want to get themselves all worked up over a pro day and/or what a players sparq is. Houston may turn out to be a good pro, but he's a risk and anyone ignoring that is fooling themselves. Lets be real, the SEC competition is more fierce than the cream puffs Oliver faced playing for Houston. Quinnen William's should and he will be drafted ahead of Ed Oliver. Pack that nugget in your pipe and sparqy it. Lol

Can’t wait until the guy that played next to Quinnen this year is a “guaranteed pro bowler” at DT.

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

So Oliver is a bigger risk than Quinnen?  Quinnen, the guy who plays on a defense full of NFL players?  The one with one year of production?   Quinnen is FAR from some generational talent people are making him out to be, and far from some unquestioned player destined for greatness.  

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

no no no...  Lets not confuse the audience.

You're totally allowed to prefer QW. But that's not what this was about. It was your pomposity. Your lack of knowledge on the history of Oliver is obvious (which is fine) but it was the pompous way you addressed the notion that some evaluators may prefer Oliver's ceiling, to the 1 year of QW tape where played a soft SEC schedule (yes there is such a thing) then got stone walled in the only game Bama didn't dominate.

there's something to that, whether you want to acknowledge it or not. That's all. 

4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

So Oliver is a bigger risk than Quinnen?  Quinnen, the guy who plays on a defense full of NFL players?  The one with one year of production?   Quinnen is FAR from some generational talent people are making him out to be, and far from some unquestioned player destined for greatness.  

I love the one year argument against Quinnen Williams like he’s inexperienced 

His technique is excellent and seasoned he plays like an all pro with 10 years experience and he’s intelligent can read blockers

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

A pro day?  He was the most dominant defensive player in the SEC last season as one of the most dominant players in all of college period

• 9 months later...