Is Crabtree better than what we got?

David Harris

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's a guy you leave alone on free agency until you suffer an injury.  The bottom of the roster is meant for players who can contribute on special teams, which Crabtree cannot.

Agreed. There is a report that the Jets are interested in Donte Moncrief. Not a huge fan of his, but he is a much better signing than Crabtree. A young WR that was getting better before injuries to him and then to Luck kind of derailed his career a little. 
Playing with the worst QB in the NFL last year (Bortles) he got back on track and managed almost 700 yards in an awful offense. 

He isn't elite, but as part of an attack with Anderson/Enunwa/Herndon he would be a very solid addition and could easily fill the same type of role Anderson now controls. 

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

And those stats are better than any wr on our current roster not named Robby

If a young Julio Jones was available UFA sure I’d love to get him but there is literally nothing out there

You're right. Reportedly the Jets are "romancing" Dante Moncrief who had similar production last year, and is 25 years  old. 6'2", 220#, and he is fast.  If he can stay healthy, that works for me.  I also like Tyrell Williams a lot. Chris Conley and Devin Funchess are other attractive options.  And then there's  Humphries.  I don't want every season to be a "let's get to know each other"  exercise.  Now is the time to develop a core of wide receivers to move forward with Sam for the next couple of seasons at least.  Crabtree doesn't fit that bill.  The other's do.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Q is always injured and Robby is an ok 2nd receiver

Jets fans love overrating their WRs

And both are still better than Crabtree

Anderson has potential, has room to improve and seems to be.  He'll be a 4th year UDFA who has played with Fitz, McCown and a rookie QB, all under Bowles.

Crabtree is on the way down, is already behind what Robbie gives us

Archived