Henry Anderson

JetFanatic

6 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

#Jets are interested in bringing back free agent DE Henry Anderson. The team will meet with his agent at the combine (NYDN).

Thoughts if true?  I personally like Anderson.  He's a talented player who's still fairly young and the Jets need to retain their talented players.

He was a great find and would be a shame to lose after 1 lost season. I worry about the scheme situation since the Colts didn’t keep him in a 4-3 and that seems to be Williams typical defense.

I know it has been said that Williams will stay with a 3-4 but I don’t see that working. He is comfortable with a 4-3 so we may be a 3-4 for this year and add pieces to become a 4-3 by next year. This makes Anderson’s future value to us questionable.

I think he’s solid and a good coach would find a way to use him regardless. We really can’t afford to lose any players with the GIGANTIC hole that we are starting in and we cannot waste more premium picks on interior DL at this point. D-line should be addressed in FA only at this point. 

3 minutes ago, KRL said:

No problem bringing Anderson back at all.  Shows that Williams isn't going to be

"married" to a 4-3

I agree I do like him, and want him back.

He is better in a 3-4 than a 4-3 (which is why we got him from the Colts), so it kinda shows we will be playing more 3-4 than 4-3.

8 minutes ago, KRL said:

No problem bringing Anderson back at all.  Shows that Williams isn't going to be

"married" to a 4-3

I like the fact that they'll be switching between an attacking 4-3 and a 3-4 with a lot of interchangeable parts.  Offenses won't know what's coming at them.

7 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

He was a great find and would be a shame to lose after 1 lost season. I worry about the scheme situation since the Colts didn’t keep him in a 4-3 and that seems to be Williams typical defense.

I know it has been said that Williams will stay with a 3-4 but I don’t see that working. He is comfortable with a 4-3 so we may be a 3-4 for this year and add pieces to become a 4-3 by next year. This makes Anderson’s future value to us questionable.

I think he’s solid and a good coach would find a way to use him regardless. We really can’t afford to lose any players with the GIGANTIC hole that we are starting in and we cannot waste more premium picks on interior DL at this point. D-line should be addressed in FA only at this point. 

They got him for almost nothing and I'm glad that it looks like he'll stick around.  

I know Anderson wasn't a free agent but this upcoming free agency period is about
Maccagnan finding more players like him and Williamson.  Under the radar guys who
become better players here.  The "big name" guys might get tagged but there's no
excuse for not finding productive players to surround Darnold with and beef up the
defense.  That's what Maccagnan/Heimerdinger is getting paid for     

1 hour ago, JetFanatic said:

I like the fact that they'll be switching between an attacking 4-3 and a 3-4 with a lot of interchangeable parts.  Offenses won't know what's coming at them.

I'll believe it when I see it!!

The Jet defense has been so predictable these last few years, unfortunately!

Henry Anderson was one of the lone bright spots on a soft, disorganized defense last season.  He was extremely productive and showed to be better than a situational pass rusher.  He deserves to be back.  I wouldn't break the bank for him however, and I'm sure the Jets will make a reasonable, mutually beneficial contract offer.  If they are indeed talking to him, Williams has already signed off on this and has a role for him in mind.  He's a Jet.

4 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Henry Anderson was one of the lone bright spots on a soft, disorganized defense last season.  He was extremely productive and showed to be better than a situational pass rusher.  He deserves to be back.  I wouldn't break the bank for him however, and I'm sure the Jets will make a reasonable, mutually beneficial contract offer.  If they are indeed talking to him, Williams has already signed off on this and has a role for him in mind.  He's a Jet.

LMAO!!!  

If I'm not mistaken Anderson is a UFA. The fact that the Jets will be talking to his agent is a sign they're interested in having him back. But really doesn't mean they'll have any greater chance to do so then anyone else.

A few of you are taking a huge leap of faith assuming this is a done deal. In fact Anderson would be foolish not to test the market at this point. If the Jets wanted to prevent this scenario, they should've locked him up late last year the way they did with Enunwa, using what was left of the '18 cap money.

If I'm not mistaken Anderson is a UFA. The fact that the Jets will be talking to his agent is a sign they're interested in having him back. But really doesn't mean they'll have any greater chance to do so then anyone else.
A few of you are taking a huge leap of faith assuming this is a done deal. In fact Anderson would be foolish not to test the market at this point. If the Jets wanted to prevent this scenario, they should've locked him up late last year the way they did with Enunwa, using what was left of the '18 cap money.
Unused 18 cap money = 19 cap money. No difference signing him then vs now. At least now we know who the coach is, and whether the player has a role in his system.

Imagine we signed him in 18, then Williams moves to a 4-3 and he has no position to play?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Archived