Former NFL 2nd-round pick Christian Hackenberg benched by AAF coach Mike Singletary

thshadow

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

One of my son's friends was a Penn State student in the same years as Hackenberg.  He has no reason to lie about him to the best of my knowledge.  Hackenberg is a colossal a-hole.  He is arrogant, smug and self-centered.  He was not liked on campus all that much.  People thought he was a jerk.  He tried to pick up a girl in a local club and my son's friend told us he was sitting right there and heard the whole conversation.  When the student rebuffed his come-on he got chippy and she said something to the effect: "who the heck do you think you are?"   

Hackenberg's reply: "Google me , Bitch!"

Dcat...

I don't know why my initial response came up as laughter.  I don't think folks treating people poorly because of their position should be excused or laughed about!.

If this is slightly true then I am sooooo GLAD Hackenburg is not on the team!!!!

5 hours ago, MasterChiefJets said:

I find it pretty sad. He is mic-ed up and dropping F-bombs all over the place. He's not playing with a SB caliber team but almost everything was check downs. Once Mettenberger came it was like a breath of fresh air and they started scoring.

It looks to be very mental. I hope he can find peace.

You think Hack ends up under a bridge in 10 years?

8 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

I have no ill will towards Hackenberg.  I actually feel bad for him.  My venom is towards Mac for being so wrong about Hac and it makes me cringe that this clown is still in charge of shaping the Jets personnel.  

I have ill will

I followed Hacks Psu career and I hated the pick at the time, but I could understand why a GM would take a kid with that level of physical talent and pedigree there. It didn’t work out, so effectively it’s equivalent to another jimmy clausen and a million other non top 10 pick QB’s. 

Mahomes oth - I never saw it coming how good he’d be.

we have Sam now, and we have him bc of Mac. Arrows pointing up for the first time so I’m good.

I simply don't get folks saying no one wanted Mahomes.  I did................................. and I thought that he would great...... then there was Watson!

The idea that no one wanted Mahomes out here on this board over Adams (whom I like) is not true and is precisely the kind of thinking that held us back IMO...

The Jets QBs for the last 5 years prior to Darnold stunk...STUNK

I don't care if it was McCown (nice dude), Geno Smith, Fitz or Hackenberg.  Those are awful QBs and to now say NO ONE could have known that Mahomes and/or Watson wouldn't have been better than what we had is not real or based on the facts.

My point and I have said it since Sanchez is that you keep getting QBs until you get it right, you don't sit around and pretend that a Hackenberg  is somehow going to become Johnny U after stinking out the joint!!

That means bringing in ANYONE Glennon anyone to compete with the nonsense we had out there year, after year, after year....

13 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Calm down Mr Hack defender. First of all I don't wish I had his life and I owned a business where millions of dollars of cash went thru my hands every year so u know I managed to stash away some of that. Maybe I don't have millions in the bank but I have a decent amt. Also there is a bit of fun going on here so no need to defend the guy - unless you are him - then I would say you are the touchy short tempered guy that people seem to think you are. 

POST. OF. THE. WEEK.

11 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Dcat...

I don't know why my initial response came up as laughter.  I don't think folks treating people poorly because of their position should be excused or laughed about!.

If this is slightly true then I am sooooo GLAD Hackenburg is not on the team!!!!

Mac drafted a doosh. A doosh who couldn't hit the ocean.  

23 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Look, I’m not trying to single you out here, but what’s amazing is how much venom Jets fans have for this young man, and how much pleasure grown men take in watching a seemingly good person struggle.

People on this site never look as petty and small as when they denigrate him the way they do. Macc picked him in the second round. He didn’t pick himself. What was the kid supposed to do, get on the phone and tell him he was crazy for doing it?

People here need to grow up and move on from this. Give the kid a break, he’s doing what he loves. Is that really such a bad thing?

It actually has nothing to do with Hack and everything to do with Macc. Not only did he draft him... he AVOIDED two pro bowl calibre QBs (including a league MVP) thinking he had the position sorted even after the coaches long-since realised Hack couldn’t erm hack it.

Archived