Proposed Trade: Jags Move up

Skeptable

With Ramsey at odds with the organization in Florida. Would you move down to acquire him? Ramsey has a 2020 team option which would give the Jets leverage to negotiate a longer term deal.  

Deal would look like this:

Jags:

3rd Overall Pick

Jets:

7th Overall Pick

38th Overall Pick

Ramsey

So basically you are giving up a future 2nd rounder (or current 2019 3rd rounder) value chart for Ramsey. Only costs 3.65 Mil this year in salary for the Jets and Jags have 7.5 Million in Dead cap hit.

I thought @Barry McCockinner Trade down with Pittsburgh was great aside from a little nit picking on the value received. 

Jags is something to consider but don’t think it’s as realistic as a Redskins trade. I truthfully expect the Jags to take Nick Foles and try to win now being that their team is built to win now. And I don’t love the trade value here in this one.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I thought @Barry McCockinner Trade down with Pittsburgh was great aside from a little nit picking on the value received. 

Jags is something to consider but don’t think it’s as realistic as a Redskins trade. I truthfully expect the Jags to take Nick Foles and try to win now being that their team is built to win now. And I don’t love the trade value here in this one.

Part of the trade value you give up is the cost of Ramsey only being 3.6 million this year... So you don't get the excess return you might want and you pick up a 

9 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

With Ramsey at odds with the organization in Florida. Would you move down to acquire him? Ramsey has a 2020 team option which would give the Jets leverage to negotiate a longer term deal.  

Deal would look like this:

Jags:

3rd Overall Pick

Jets:

7th Overall Pick

38th Overall Pick

Ramsey

So basically you are giving up a future 2nd rounder (or current 2019 3rd rounder) value chart for Ramsey. Only costs 3.65 Mil this year in salary for the Jets and Jags have 7.5 Million in Dead cap hit.

edit... wrong pick... meant 2nd rounder

So you would recoup a 2nd rounder and Ramsey for moving down.

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Part of the trade value you give up is the cost of Ramsey only being 3.6 million this year... So you don't get the excess return you might want and you pick up a 

Yea, I get that and that might be what’s bugging me a little. I think Jalen Ramsey is a top 5 CB but I’d almost venture to say that I’d like my picks more in a trade down than Ramsey and only a 2nd.

So I guess it’s not that the value is bad it’s that I don’t particularly like the value received, personally. If that makes sense.

I kind of like this deal. We're all assuming Claiborne is a goner, and we're not getting a CB like Ramsey at this price in FA. Not even close.

He's young, and if we could pair him with a "rejuvenated" (in the Williams D) Trumaine, a defensive backfield of Adams, Maye, Johnson and Ramsey would probably be the best in the league.

I'd probably do it as is, but if we could get Jax to sweeten it just a bit, even with say a '20 4th round pick, I'd be all over this.

We still have a premium 1st round pick, not to mention, a trade down with Washington for them to take a QB is still in play at pick #7.

22 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yea, I get that and that might be what’s bugging me a little. I think Jalen Ramsey is a top 5 CB but I’d almost venture to say that I’d like my picks more in a trade down than Ramsey and only a 2nd.

So I guess it’s not that the value is bad it’s that I don’t particularly like the value received, personally. If that makes sense.

If I understand the premise of the deal correctly, the Jets still get the 7th overall pick and a 2nd. They just miss out on any additional draft picks in lieu of getting Jalen Ramsey. That's a STEAL if you are the Jets. Again, if I understand the deal correctly.  

What I don't understand is why the Jags would even offer him up in a trade.  

6 minutes ago, PepPep said:

If I understand the premise of the deal correctly, the Jets still get the 7th overall pick and a 2nd. They just miss out on any additional draft picks in lieu of getting Jalen Ramsey. That's a STEAL if you are the Jets. Again, if I understand the deal correctly.  

Yes you are correct... Jags get rid of Ramsey who they are shopping and trade into the top 3 for their qb of choice

9 minutes ago, PepPep said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25310315/jacksonville-jaguars-likely-consider-trading-jalen-ramsey-offseason

Shefter in November... And their are numerous other articles... No links at this moment 

11 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I agree. Its a great deal for us. 

Why would they do this? I don't get that either.

As for us, we're moving down only 4 spots, getting a young, cheap, top 5 guy at a premium position, a starter at #7, and a 2nd round starting player also. That's 2 additional starters, one of pro bowl quality, plus a high 1st round pick, for a team void of talent.

Jeez @Patriot Killa, you're a tough man to please. ?

Really like Ramsey as a performer, don't want him on our team as a citizen.  Let's see, proposed pick-ups LeVeon Bell, Antonio Brown, and Jalen Ramsey, all in the same locker room.  Add to that the strong personality of Jamaal Adams and you have a dressing room culture that has the combustible  potential of Napalm.  With the "demure" nature of our current coaching staff, this team would make the "Broad Street Bullies" and the "Bad Boys" teams of yesteryear look like schoolgirls. Pass out the pistols.

13 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Really like Ramsey as a performer, don't want him on our team as a citizen.  Let's see, proposed pick-ups LeVeon Bell, Antonio Brown, and Jalen Ramsey, all in the same locker room.  Add to that the strong personality of Jamaal Adams and you have a dressing room culture that has the combustible  potential of Napalm.  With the "demure" nature of our current coaching staff, this team would make the "Broad Street Bullies" and the "Bad Boys" teams of yesteryear look like schoolgirls. Pass out the pistols.

Hmmm, not so fast there my friend.  We could use some Dave Schultz,  Bobby Clarke, Don Saleskie type shenanigans, mixed in with some Gary Doernhoefer planting himself in front.

Add in a Laimbeer, Mahorn, Rodman, Isiah vibe, and we're talking Dawgs with a capital D.

Who you want us to be? Dave Schultz or Dale Rolfe? (jeez I'll never forget that travesty...)

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Hmmm, not so fast there my friend.  We could use some Dave Schultz,  Bobby Clarke, Don Saleskie type shenanigans, mixed in with some Gary Doernhoefer planting himself in front.

Add in a Laimbeer, Mahorn, Rodman, Isiah vibe, and we're talking Dawgs with a capital D.

Who you want us to be? Dave Schultz or Dale Rolfe? (jeez I'll never forget that travesty...)

That was absolutely horrible. That personified that whole era of Rangers hockey.....gutless. Collection of losers.

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

That was absolutely horrible. That personified that whole era of Rangers hockey.....gutless. Collection of losers.

Right? The saddest part was Giacomin had to be the one to finally skate out of his crease to try and break up the bloodbath, while the other 4 pansies stood by with their heads down. The Bruins and Flyers exposed that team for what they were, but that moment symbolized it.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Right? The saddest part was Giacomin had to be the one to finally skate out of his crease to try and break up the bloodbath, while the other 4 pansies stood by with their heads down. The Bruins and Flyers exposed that team for what they were, but that moment symbolized it.

Remember, that game was on NBC. Tim Ryan and"Terrible" Ted Lindsey were announcing. Ted, one of the toughest, meanest hombres to come down the pike, was going nuts on the air. He sounded like he wanted to come down and challenge Schultz himself.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Remember, that game was on NBC. Tim Ryan and"Terrible" Ted Lindsey were announcing. Ted, one of the toughest, meanest hombres to come down the pike, was going nuts on the air. He sounded like he wanted to come down and challenge Schultz himself.

Respect.

I swear, I was going to post the same thing... thought you might not get the Lindsey reference. 

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Respect.

I swear, I was going to post the same thing... thought you might not get the Lindsey reference. 

Sounds like we are in the same ballpark age wise. I turned 61 in December. I lived and died with the Rangers in those days. To go back to your original post, about the Flyers and Pistons.They both won.....a lot.

24 minutes ago, section314 said:

I hated those bastards, starting with that toothless little ferret Bobby Clarke.  Still do.

26 minutes ago, section314 said:

Who you want us to be? Dave Schultz or Dale Rolfe? (jeez I'll never forget that travesty...

12 minutes ago, section314 said:

Sounds like we are in the same ballpark age wise. I turned 61 in December. I lived and died with the Rangers in those days. To go back to your original post, about the Flyers and Pistons.They both won.....a lot.

I'm two years older. Yeah the "tough" teams won a lot back then. Look at the Knicks in the 90s even... Who'd have imagined Pat Riley would go from Showtime in LA, to NY and build the toughest, most relevant Knicks team we've seen since the Reed, Debusschere, Frazier days.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I always shake my head when people worry as much as they do about building a locker room with "good guys." It's pro football, not a church league. A bit of attitude and even intimidation isn't a bad thing. Just give me performance and production, I can deal with a little bit of nonsense if you do.

20 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I hated those bastards, starting with that toothless little ferret Bobby Clarke.  Still do.

You know what? We hated them with a passion, but be honest, we wished we had a team, and a captain, just like him and them. Clarke was the epitome of the guy everyone hated, but wished played for them. Schultz on the other hand was a piece of s**t.

@RobR(this is for you too, lol) The only time I was ever happy about anything Islander related, was watching Clark Gillies beat up Schultz and then later that year systematically destroying Terry O'Reilly in that playoff series night after night. At least I'll give O'Reilly credit, he kept getting his ass kicked and coming back the next night for more. It was almost sad watching his face get progressively stitched and beaten. Schultz was nothing but a bully though. He was never the same after the Gillies fight.

God, I miss that type of hockey, LOL.

22 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You know what? We hated them with a passion, but be honest, we wished we had a team, and a captain, just like him and them. Clarke was the epitome of the guy everyone hated, but wished played for them. Schultz on the other hand was a piece of s**t.

@RobR(this is for you too, lol) The only time I was ever happy about anything Islander related, was watching Clark Gillies beat up Schultz and then later that year systematically destroying Terry O'Reilly in that playoff series night after night. At least I'll give O'Reilly credit, he kept getting his ass kicked and coming back the next night for more. It was almost sad watching his face get progressively stitched and beaten. Schultz was nothing but a bully though. He was never the same after the Gillies fight.

Always hated the Islanders too, not so much now.  Hate the Devils more.  Always loved Gillies too. Thinking that might have been the reason.  Respect.  Baddest Man on the Planet. Nobody ever wanted any part of him, by choice.  All got their asses kicked  by him, by necessity. Probert,  McSorley,  O'Reilly, none of those guys wanted to fight him.  Bob Nystrom was pretty tough too, didn't hate him either.  Nicky Fotiu was my boy.  Nobody wanted to fight him.

22 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Always hated the Islanders too, not so much now.  Hate the Devils more.  Always loved Gillies too. Thinking that might have been the reason.  Respect.  Baddest Man on the Planet. Nobody ever wanted any part of him, by choice.  All got their asses kicked  by him, by necessity. Probert,  McSorley,  O'Reilly, none of those guys wanted to fight him.  Bob Nystrom was pretty tough too, didn't hate him either.  Nicky Fotiu was my boy.  Nobody wanted to fight him either.

Good ole Nick from Staten Island. Who didn't love him?

Back in the day, I had season tickets up in the Blue section, which was like the wild west. After the games we'd go to either Charley O's or Toot Shors, always miss at least one train back to Long Island as we imbibed. A lot of Rangers would eventually come in also, and they mingled with the regulars who were their after every game. Greschner was dating Carol Alt at the time, and I knew her from back in high school. She is about as down to earth as a super model could be, and introduced my cousin and I to most of the guys. Fotiu was by far the nicest of them all. BTW he eventually dated Alt for a while too, so nice guys don't always finish last. LOL

As to the Isles, I liked Bossy and Chico, but I can't remember hating any athlete like I did Billy Smith, though the Sutter brothers came close. So no, I never ever rooted for them. You're right though about this years team what they're doing after losing Tavares is a cool story. They're fun to watch. The Devils? meh. They're almost irrelevant to me nowadays.

BTW what the hell was this thread about? anyone remember? :confused:

27 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Good ole Nick from Staten Island. Who didn't love him?

Back in the day, I had season tickets up in the Blue section, which was like the wild west. After the games we'd go to either Charley O's or Toot Shors, always miss at least one train back to Long Island as we imbibed. A lot of Rangers would eventually come in also, and they mingled with the regulars who were their after every game. Greschner was dating Carol Alt at the time, and I knew her from back in high school. She is about as down to earth as a super model could be, and introduced my cousin and I to most of the guys. Fotiu was by far the nicest of them all. BTW he eventually dated Alt for a while too, so nice guys don't always finish last. LOL

As to the Isles, I liked Bossy and Chico, but I can't remember hating any athlete like I did Billy Smith, though the Sutter brothers came close. So no, I never ever rooted for them. You're right though about this years team what they're doing after losing Tavares is a cool story. They're fun to watch. The Devils? meh. They're almost irrelevant to me nowadays.

BTW what the hell was this thread about? anyone remember? :confused:

Met Carol Alt a few years ago when I worked in a "Raw Food" restaurant in Manhattan.  She is sweet and real, just like you said.  She also is timeless.  Looks remarkable.  Guess she has a thing for hockey players. Gresch, Fotiu, married Alexi Yashin another hockey player.  I always heard Nick Fotiu was a great guy, whaddya expect from a guy from Staten Island?  Blue Seats, Toots Shor's, Charley O's good memories, drinking days, hockey, basketball nights.  When they eviscerated  the Blue Seats they destroyed the soul of the Garden.  It's not the same.  Never will be, unfortunately.  Hated Billy "the stick dick" Smith and the Sutter's all the way through their offspring.  It's a legacy. Haha.

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

I was alive at the time but was too young to remember those days vividly. I think I was 10 when they won their last cup. The one thing I do remember since I grew up on LI, was the people driving around in their cars constantly blowing their horns to the "lets go Islanders" chant. 

10 minutes ago, RobR said:

I was alive at the time but was too young to remember those days vividly. I think I was 10 when they won their last cup. The one thing I do remember since I grew up on LI, was the people driving around in their cars constantly blowing their horns to the "lets go Islanders" chant. 

Wow, big props to you for becoming a "post-cup era" Islander fan. I'm impressed.  We chatted one time in your Islander thread, but I thought you were around for their 80's run. Those were dark days my friend... ?

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Wow, big props to you for becoming a "post-cup era" Islander fan. I'm impressed.  We chatted one time in your Islander thread, but I thought you were around for their 80's run. Those were dark days my friend... ?

I've always been an Islanders fan because I grew up about 15 minutes from the coliseum....it's too bad I missed the destiny because I was 7,8,9. and 10 at the time.  Unfortunately the only championship that I remember like yesterday was the 86 Mets. 

16 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Zero chance Jags make that trade. Ramsey is an all pro CB. 

Also I dont think there is room for Ramsey and Adams mouth on the same team.

Both guys like to talk but both guys are beloved by their defensive teammates. 

So it could go one of two ways. Either Adams and Ramsey butt heads and it turns into a complete s**t-storm. Or they get along and this becomes a dominant, aggressive, even more passionate and cohesive defensive unit.    

16 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

This, I don't understand why we as fans have an obsession with picking up the biggest problems from other teams.

Ramsey and Brown are two of the biggest diva's in the league...so yeah....let's put them in the NY media market and see how that goes for us.

Archived