Proposed Trade: Jags Move up

Skeptable

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

This, I don't understand why we as fans have an obsession with picking up the biggest problems from other teams.

Ramsey and Brown are two of the biggest diva's in the league...so yeah....let's put them in the NY media market and see how that goes for us.

because on the crazy / hot scale.... they are at the top... super hot and totally batsh!t crazy... but the best normally are...

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Both guys like to talk but both guys are beloved by their defensive teammates. 

So it could go one of two ways. Either Adams and Ramsey butt heads and it turns into a complete s**t-storm. Or they get along and this becomes a dominant, aggressive, even more passionate and cohesive defensive unit.    

I think its closer to this... I would love ramsey on the Jets... pushing Johnson into #2 coverage...

17 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I agree. Its a great deal for us. 

Why would they do this? I don't get that either.

As for us, we're moving down only 4 spots, getting a young, cheap, top 5 guy at a premium position, a starter at #7, and a 2nd round starting player also. That's 2 additional starters, one of pro bowl quality, plus a high 1st round pick, for a team void of talent.

Jeez @Patriot Killa, you're a tough man to please. 😉

Jets paid 3- 2nds to move up 3 spots... If Jags fall in love with either Murray or Haskins, they will have to jump the raiders to draft them.  This puts the Jets in Prime position because no matter what the chatter is the first 2 picks will be Bosa and (Q) Williams unless the cardinals actually trade Rosen... which I think is also highly probable, leaving the Jets with Bosa or Williams. 

Ramsey + 7th Overall is not enough to move up... the 2019 2nd would be the best additional draft pick... hence why I proposed it... but I could see a 3rd instead.

Do the Jags actually want to sell Ramsey... who knows but it sure seems that way. At the very least, they are listening to offers.

14 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

if Darnold turns out to be a good Qb with a deJets paid 3- 2nds to move up 3 spots... If Jags fall in love with either Murray or Haskins, they will have to jump the raiders to draft them.  This puts the Jets in Prime position because no matter what the chatter is the first 2 picks will be Bosa and (Q) Williams unless the cardinals actually trade Rosen... which I think is also highly probable, leaving the Jets with Bosa or Williams. 

Ramsey + 7th Overall is not enough to move up... the 2019 2nd would be the best additional draft pick... hence why I proposed it... but I could see a 3rd instead.

Do the Jags actually want to sell Ramsey... who knows but it sure seems that way. At the very least, they are listening to offers.

Its tough to compare any trade we make this year to the one we made last year with the Colts. The Jets overpaid by a lot. I don't think anyone will give up what we did last year. It will end up being worth it for us if Darnold becomes a FQB, we were that desperate, and Macc was in "save my job" mode.

You can't expect the value we gave last year to become the norm. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Its tough to compare any trade we make this year to the one we made last year with the Colts. The Jets overpaid by a lot. I don't think anyone will give up what we did last year. It will end up being worth it for us if Darnold becomes a FQB, we were that desperate, and Macc was in "save my job" mode.

You can't expect the value we gave last year to become the norm. 

I'm not expecting that... In fact I was trying to stay within the value chart for the most part... but nobody is giving up a first rounder for Ramsey... but Ramsey would garner a second... The average 2nd rounder is around 500 points, Jets value is at 2200, Jags is 1500 at 7 and 520 at 38. So the value I was giving Ramsey was a 3rd rounder, but given the value the Jets gave up for Darnold last year it could be viewed as much as a late first (Just used last year to give an idea of peak value, I am not expecting that return).  This is why I said it might be closer to say swap first rounders, number 69 overall and Ramsey... giving Ramsey even more value.

Yes, Ramsey should be worth a ton but it all depends how much Jags really are sick of him or not and whether they truly value a QB, or take the risk their QB of choice gets past Raiders, Giants, and Tampa. 

And for those that think Jags are going to sign Foles and not draft a QB isn't paying attention to the value of Foles... Foles will be signed and will be a starter but whatever team signs him will also need a QB to draft because Foles is Kevin Kolb reincarnate. 

22 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yea, I get that and that might be what’s bugging me a little. I think Jalen Ramsey is a top 5 CB but I’d almost venture to say that I’d like my picks more in a trade down than Ramsey and only a 2nd.

So I guess it’s not that the value is bad it’s that I don’t particularly like the value received, personally. If that makes sense.

Yeah man, with picks you can get anything...maybe even a top 5 CB!

22 hours ago, Skeptable said:

With Ramsey at odds with the organization in Florida. Would you move down to acquire him? Ramsey has a 2020 team option which would give the Jets leverage to negotiate a longer term deal.  

Deal would look like this:

Jags:

3rd Overall Pick

Jets:

7th Overall Pick

38th Overall Pick

Ramsey

So basically you are giving up a future 2nd rounder (or current 2019 3rd rounder) value chart for Ramsey. Only costs 3.65 Mil this year in salary for the Jets and Jags have 7.5 Million in Dead cap hit.

I would do this immediately, however, my jaw would hit the ground if the Jags decided to give up a 7th, a high 2nd rounder and an all-pro CB just to move up 4 spots in what is considered a weak QB class. 

If Macc pulled that off I would seriously have to consider forgiving his prior stupidity, only to know that his place of highest incompetence is drafting anyway, so basically all we'll have to show for this trade would be Ramsey lol. 

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I would do this immediately, however, my jaw would hit the ground if the Jags decided to give up a 7th, a high 2nd rounder and an all-pro CB just to move up 4 spots in what is considered a weak QB class. 

If Macc pulled that off I would seriously have to consider forgiving his prior stupidity, only to know that his place of highest incompetence is drafting anyway, so basically all we'll have to show for this trade would be Ramsey lol. 

They will have to jump Raiders to get a QB... I get it... maybe that is too much by the Jags but its in the realm of fair value based on draft pick value. 

9 hours ago, DJF71 said:

Jags want to get rid of him not because he can't play but because he is a douche.  I'll pass.  I don't want Antonio Brown or Odell for the same reason.

Only 1 douche per team allowed... that's my motto & I'm sticking to it.  :) ... with that I'll take the trade w/Ramsey... Antonio or Odell, no thx.