Jump to content

Free Agents to avoid 2019


WayneChrebet80

Recommended Posts

Which free agents will be this years version of Kirk Cousins, Trumaine Johnson, and Nate Solder?

 

Here are my guys to avoid:

Trent Brown-starting to think Wayne Hunter would have been a competent starter in New England. Still think the guy will get paid. 

LeVeon Bell-Obviously a great player in Pittsburgh, but I’m not paying him for what he did with the Steelers

Preston Smith-Probably going to be looking for a Nick Perry type contract and will produce like Nick Perry. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I like Preston Smith.  I see him like Calvin Pace.  If you think you are getting Terrell Suggs in his prime you aren't going to be happy.  If you want a quality player, I think you can do a hell of a lot worse. 

Quality players at premium positions is what you want to avoid in free agency, because you need to pay them like star players.  

Do you want Preston Smith and his five sacks taking up 14MM on the cap next year? 

Assuming none of these guys will see past year 3 of their contract anyway I much rather sign vets like Clay Matthews and Robert Quinn to one year deals with a team option. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

100% agree about Brown. They bring him in on a Brian Winters-ish contact they can easily get out of if he bombs, I'm okay with it. They bring him in on something closer to a Solder-ish deal, stuck with him for a min of two years and still looking at dead money after year 2 (Trumaine) I will HATE it. Couldnt agree more about your Hunter reference. The Pats oline coaching makes good players great and guys on the street last summer become the topic of this thread. 

Bell, I don't particularly want him but I wouldn't be pissed given their financial situation. I'm really not worried about Bells personality being a negative impact on Darnold. 

Smith I've honestly barely ever heard of. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Quality players at premium positions is what you want to avoid in free agency, because you need to pay them like star players.  

Do you want Preston Smith and his five sacks taking up 14MM on the cap next year? 

I'll second "the hell" with the first part.

When someone gives Smith a 14 mil a year contract please bump this thread so I can apologize. But right now, I think you're talking crazy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When was the last time a player as good as Le'veon Bell was a free agent at 27 years old? You guys might think that RB is not a premium position but after watching the Butt Wiper, Powell getting hurt AGAIN, Eli running in quick sand, Cannon dropping another pass, I'd say we need him so Sam Darnold can succeed. 

Lets get some damn players in here!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's amazing is every player mentioned here would upgrade a position on the team. 

What was the funniest thing I read aside from avoiding quality players at premium positions  thing is I'm not paying Bell for what he did on the Steelers. WTF are you going to pay him for then, what he did at Michigan St.?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

When was the last time a player as good as Le'veon Bell was a free agent at 27 years old? You guys might think that RB is not a premium position but after watching the Butt Wiper, Powell getting hurt AGAIN, Eli running in quick sand, Cannon dropping another pass, I'd say we need him so Sam Darnold can succeed. 

Lets get some damn players in here!

Demarco Murray was a free agent at 27 after rushing for 1800 yards at 26. Signed a big deal with the Eagles and was out of the league a couple of years later. 

Of the top 10 rushing leaders last year, 9 of the 10 were between 21-24. Only the freak Apete cracked the top 10.  We are better off using that money on Oline that are more responsible for a RBs success and at the same time will keep Darnold upright. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

thing is I'm not paying Bell for what he did on the Steelers. WTF are you going to pay him for then, what he did at Michigan St.?

This is a common hot new line from Bell haters.

“Well he had all that production with Pittsburgh. No way he is going to replicate that here. Why would we pay him for what he did in Pittsburgh?”

sh*t, idk guys. Maybe because that’s when he proved he was an elite ball player?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Demarco Murray was a free agent at 27 after rushing for 1800 yards at 26. Signed a big deal with the Eagles and was out of the league a couple of years later. 

Of the top 10 rushing leaders last year, 9 of the 10 were between 21-24. Only the freak Apete cracked the top 10.  We are better off using that money on Oline that are more responsible for a RBs success and at the same time will keep Darnold upright. 

Murray had a more difficult time not playing behind the cowboys OL but he was pretty decent on Tn. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Demarco Murray was a free agent at 27 after rushing for 1800 yards at 26. Signed a big deal with the Eagles and was out of the league a couple of years later. 

Of the top 10 rushing leaders last year, 9 of the 10 were between 21-24. Only the freak Apete cracked the top 10.  We are better off using that money on Oline that are more responsible for a RBs success and at the same time will keep Darnold upright. 

Yeaaaaah....lemme just stop ya’ right there. Demarco Murray isn’t half the back that Bell is, nor’ is he capable of doing the things that Bell does. Do you realize how how dominate that Cowboys OL was? The Steelers OL is good but then there’s another notch and that’s where the Cowboys OL sat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Which free agents will be this years version of Kirk Cousins, Trumaine Johnson, and Nate Solder ?

Here are my guys to avoid :

Trent Brown-starting to think Wayne Hunter would have been a competent starter in New England. Still think the guy will get paid. LeVeon Bell-Obviously a great player in Pittsburgh, but I’m not paying him for what he did with the SteelersPreston Smith-Probably going to be looking for a Nick Perry type contract and will produce like Nick Perry. 

do they have Game ?  ?..

058fc2f6182a8cc778f3df2a107452cf.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

LeVeon Bell-Obviously a great player in Pittsburgh, but I’m not paying him for what he did with the Steelers

What does this mean? 

ALL free agents are coming from another team and you have base a large part of your evaluation on what they did for that team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

What does this mean? 

ALL free agents are coming from another team and you have base a large part of your evaluation on what they did for that team. 

Well, I think what he means is that Bell is 27 YO, old for a RB.  Has 1,541 touches, (monster amount)  hasn't played in a year, and the rumor is he is out of shape.

I'm very hesitant to pay this guy QB money 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Quality players at premium positions is what you want to avoid in free agency, because you need to pay them like star players.  

Do you want Preston Smith and his five sacks taking up 14MM on the cap next year? 

Assuming none of these guys will see past year 3 of their contract anyway I much rather sign vets like Clay Matthews and Robert Quinn to one year deals with a team option. 

Fair enough.  I like the player, but the contract may end up a bit much.  You thought he might get Nick Perry money.  Nick Perry might be another guy to consider.  He's bombed since his contract year.  Maybe he'd come cheap.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

What's amazing is every player mentioned here would upgrade a position on the team. 

What was the funniest thing I read aside from avoiding quality players at premium positions  thing is I'm not paying Bell for what he did on the Steelers. WTF are you going to pay him for then, what he did at Michigan St.?

Let's pay them for what they are going to do. 

Hell, lets just draft an all pro team like I suggested earlier. 

Just reload last season and try again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JiF said:

Really?  That was terrible.  I felt like butt fumbling Pac for the terrible joke but I think you laughing at it is more deserving. 

I was hoping it was unintentional, like his phone autocorrected to "taint", because he keep asking people for pictures of their taint.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...