Jump to content
WayneChrebet80

And it starts CBS new mock draft projects 3 QBs in Top 5

Recommended Posts

Funny man that RJ White.  If Gruden makes this trade, he won't survive the trip to Las Vegas. The 49er's would be unlikely to pass at Bosa at the second spot should the Cardinals trade down.  If the Raiders are so hot for Kyler Murray they'd be wise to sit at #4 and wait to see if he's there.  If he is they can grab him and keep their picks.  If he's not,  Carr  is not a bad "consolation prize. Besides, Mike Mayock said today that Carr is a franchise quarterback. Is he a liar?  Don't think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

QB 1-2 Maccagnan takes the DT 3 and says we never thought he’d be there.

Hateful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Better2bgreenthanblue said:

Dream scenario, imagine the haul you could get at 3 if Bosa is still on the board?

Worse case, our D becomes top 10 if we kept him. 

 

Don’t think you can pass up on Bosa if he’s on the board 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

:Oakland Raiders rookie fourth overall draft pick wins OROY and finishes third in MVP voting:

 

Jets fans: “what you’re not understanding is that Rashan Gary finished with an 84 PFF run stop grade. Eighty. Four.”

I-M-P-A-C-T

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Funny man that RJ White.  If Gruden makes this trade, he won't survive the trip to Las Vegas. The 49er's would be unlikely to pass at Bosa at the second spot should the Cardinals trade down.  If the Raiders are so hot for Kyler Murray they'd be wise to sit at #4 and wait to see if he's there.  If he is they can grab him and keep their picks.  If he's not,  Carr  is not a bad "consolation prize. Besides, Mike Mayock said today that Carr is a franchise quarterback. Is he a liar?  Don't think so.

I thought the writer made an astute point comparing it to 2016 when Goff and Wentz rose drastically.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

I thought the writer made an astute point comparing it to 2016 when Goff and Wentz rose drastically.

 

 

Problem is they're not Goff and Wentz.  More like Heckle and Jeckle. IMO

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

We’re going to be fine no matter what. It’s really an un****able draft spot imo. 

 

Were guaranteed  either a large haul for trading down or we get Bosa, Allen or Williams.  I’m fine with all of those options.

Agreed. Any QB hype is great for us. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See all the handwringing of this not being a QB class and no one willing to trade up for naught. This ALWAYS happens except for the very rare Ej Manuel/Geno year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

:Oakland Raiders rookie fourth overall draft pick DK Metcalf wins OROY and finishes third in MVP voting:

 

Jets fans: “what you’re not understanding is that Rashan Gary finished with an 84 PFF run stop grade. Eighty. Four.”

Gary’s run support is ELITE OKAY?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jgb said:

See all the handwringing of this not being a QB class and no one willing to trade up for naught. This ALWAYS happens except for the very rare Ej Manuel/Geno year.

It's not happening this year aside from Haskins moving up into the top three. I love seeing everyone and CBS Sports garnering some clicks by posting this BS nonsense.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RobR said:

It's not happening this year aside from Haskins moving up into the top three. I love seeing everyone and CBS Sports garnering some clicks by posting this BS nonsense.  

We only need 1. My point is 1 will rise, always does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CBS Sports is a joke. They might wanna wait till AFTER the combine to make a prediction like that and not Before. They have the worst game picks each week. Walterfootball even blows them away. That being said anything is possible just like a blind squirrel finding a nut or Hackenberg completing a pass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jgb said:

We only need 1. My point is 1 will rise, always does.

 

First overall: 4 franchise QBs (Stafford, Newton, Luck, Goff), 2 solid starters (Bradford and Winston), 1 bust (Russell), 1 jury still out although Mayfield looks like a stud 

2nd overall: 1 franchise QB (Wentz) 1 solid starter (Mariota) , 1 Bust (RG3) , 1 jury still out (Trubsiky)

3rd overall: 1 franchise QB (Ryan) 1 bust (Bortles), 1 jury still out (Darnold)

4–12: 2 franchise QBs (Mahomes and Watson), 4 busts (Sanchez, Locker, Ponder, Tannehill) 2 jury still out (Allen and Rosen)

Franchise QBs

Matt Ryan,Matt Stafford, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Patrick Mahomes, DeShaun Watson

Solid Starters:

Sam Bradford, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota

Busts

Jamarcus Russell, Mark Sanchez, Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, RG3, Blake Bortles, Ryan Tannehill

Jury Still out

Mitch Trubisky, 2018 QBs 

 

Outside of the first overall the pick the franchise QB hit rate has been pretty bad (about 27 percent) with a 66 percent bust rate amongst guys drafted 4-12. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

 

First overall: 4 franchise QBs (Stafford, Newton, Luck, Goff), 2 solid starters (Bradford and Winston), 1 bust (Russell), 1 jury still out although Mayfield looks like a stud 

2nd overall: 1 franchise QB (Wentz) 1 solid starter (Mariota) , 1 Bust (RG3) , 1 jury still out (Trubsiky)

3rd overall: 1 franchise QB (Ryan) 1 bust (Bortles), 1 jury still out (Darnold)

4–12: 2 franchise QBs (Mahomes and Watson), 4 busts (Sanchez, Locker, Ponder, Tannehill) 2 jury still out (Allen and Rosen)

Franchise QBs

Matt Ryan,Matt Stafford, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Patrick Mahomes, DeShaun Watson

Solid Starters:

Sam Bradford, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota

Busts

Jamarcus Russell, Mark Sanchez, Jake Locker, Christian Ponder, RG3, Blake Bortles, Ryan Tannehill

Jury Still out

Mitch Trubisky, 2018 QBs 

 

Outside of the first overall the pick the franchise QB hit rate has been pretty bad (about 27 percent) with a 66 percent bust rate amongst guys drafted 4-12. 

Oh I agree that most bust but teams don't stop trying... nor can they. 

"Until you find your quarterback, the search for him consumes you."

--Thomas Dimitroff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

QB 1-2 Maccagnan takes the DT 3 and says we never thought he’d be there.

Then we go 5-11 again.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nixhead said:

CBS Sports is a joke. They might wanna wait till AFTER the combine to make a prediction like that and not Before. They have the worst game picks each week. Walterfootball even blows them away. That being said anything is possible just like a blind squirrel finding a nut or Hackenberg completing a pass. 

All they care about is someone clicking on the article.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Maybe. 

If everything breaks right for us.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

imo the draft placement for qb's depends mainly on how many teams actually need one.  all five of the qb's taken in last year's draft were needed by their teams (maybe an argument could be made against jackson but flacco was getting them nowhere).  same thing in the previous draft.  it just how important getting the right guy in that position is.  and even if these guys have some flaws it's not like they're going to be playing right off the bat.  they'll all sit for a season and watch and learn.  so, i' wouldn't be surprised to see some trade up movement to ensure drafting hoskins or murry or even lock.  this is good for the jets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, rangerous said:

imo the draft placement for qb's depends mainly on how many teams actually need one.  all five of the qb's taken in last year's draft were needed by their teams (maybe an argument could be made against jackson but flacco was getting them nowhere).  same thing in the previous draft.  it just how important getting the right guy in that position is.  and even if these guys have some flaws it's not like they're going to be playing right off the bat.  they'll all sit for a season and watch and learn.  so, i' wouldn't be surprised to see some trade up movement to ensure drafting hoskins or murry or even lock.  this is good for the jets.

That seems to be another issue. The Giants, Broncos, and whatever team signs Foles will be paying these guys around 20MM in 2019. Tells me they are comfortable letting this year play out and figuring it out in 2019. If one of the QBs falls in their lap they may grab them but I doubt they aggressively pursue a trade up.

If things go as planned where Giants keep eli and jags get foles I think it really just leaves Washington as the likely trading partner. Miami and the NYJ wouldnt do business, and it sounds like the fish are ready to play tank ball with Bridgewater or Keenum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

That seems to be another issue. The Giants, Broncos, and whatever team signs Foles will be paying these guys around 20MM in 2019. Tells me they are comfortable letting this year play out and figuring it out in 2019. If one of the QBs falls in their lap they may grab them but I doubt they aggressively pursue a trade up.

If things go as planned where Giants keep eli and jags get foles I think it really just leaves Washington as the likely trading partner. Miami and the NYJ wouldnt do business, and it sounds like the fish are ready to play tank ball with Bridgewater or Keenum. 

yes, there needs to be a couple of teams that are vying for a qb for really good trade back deal to work.  imo the giaints are ripe because eli is clearly on the way out.  throw in a couple more teams and the jets could be getting some decent draft picks as payment.  of course it's all conjecture at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...