Murray measurements

CTJetsFan

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FO-Ti said:

Lol where are all the height skeptics now? He's a half an inch shorter than Russell Wilson, I don't think his size will be much of an issue. I wouldn't feel too good about my future in Arizona if I'm Rosen right about now. 

Don’t tell anyone that I told you...but 5’10 isnt good either. It’s just not disatriously unprecedented because at least 1 QB in the history of the league has done it. Still not very encouraging.

but whatever let another team be a sucker and trade us a haul.

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Word is he doesn't plan to throw at the combine.  Combine with that 'interview' this kid just seems determined to make it harder for teams to trust him enough to blow a high 1st round pick on him.  Does he even have an agent?

With so many questions about him already ( height, durability, baseball vs football) why the hell wouldn't he throw ? Is he trying to add that to the list of questions ?

1 minute ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Due to his piss-poor attitude I have the feeling he's going to drop Brady Quinn Style

Yes  How is NOT throwing going to help him ? I just hope some team is willing to trade up with us for him. I read where Josh Allen (QB) would rank at the head of this years QB class. Glad we got Sam when we did.

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Word is he doesn't plan to throw at the combine.  Combine with that 'interview' this kid just seems determined to make it harder for teams to trust him enough to blow a high 1st round pick on him.  Does he even have an agent?

I would imagine that his agent is the one that told him not to throw.  Plenty of people don't like the conditions at the combine.  Luck didn't throw at the combine.  He also might want to avoid that ourlads nonsense, especially compared to Haskins.  Darnold didn't throw at the combine.  Were you all worried picking him at 3?

1 minute ago, Thai Jet said:

Yes  How is NOT throwing going to help him ? I just hope some team is willing to trade up with us for him. I read where Josh Allen (QB) would rank at the head of this years QB class. Glad we got Sam when we did.

Glad you got Sam who refused to throw at the combine?  You guys read too much into sh*t.  He will throw before the draft.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Don’t tell anyone that I told you...but 5’10 isnt good either. It’s just not disatriously unprecedentedly because 1 QB in the history of the league has done it. Still not very encouraging.

Not good for who? Tom Brady? Peyton Manning? Sure I'd agree there but the guy has arguably more mobility than Michael Vick who was 6'0 and is a much more complete passer, comparing him to other traditional drop back passers is silly. With the NFL adopting more spread offenses with the QB getting the ball from the shotgun 90+% of the time I would be willing to wager that we will see much more QBs of this prototype in the near future. 

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Don’t tell anyone that I told you...but 5’10 isnt good either. It’s just not disatriously unprecedented because at least 1 QB in the history of the league has done it. Still not very encouraging.

Not great, but at least he isn't 5'8 (which I thought) which woulld have killed his draft value

2 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I say Gruden takes him and he becomes a Raider with their late-round first. And they trade Derek Carr to the skins or the Vagiants

Then the Raiders can move back to Oakland and he can play for them AND the A's. Win win win for everyone. lol

To me it's a little more about his commitment to football.  With the baseball thing looming, is this kid one injury away from flipping back to baseball?  If I were a GM, I'd want to know Murray absolutely loves football and wants to make it his career before I burn a top-10 pick on him.  Holding back at the combine might not be an issue for some, most or even all GMs but I think showing up and competing in every way possible would have been a good way to play it given those concerns.  

At the end of the day, he may already have some indications from KK that he's their guy.  *shrug*

Just now, nycdan said:

To me it's a little more about his commitment to football.  With the baseball thing looming, is this kid one injury away from flipping back to baseball?  If I were a GM, I'd want to know Murray absolutely loves football and wants to make it his career before I burn a top-10 pick on him.  Holding back at the combine might not be an issue for some, most or even all GMs but I think showing up and competing in every way possible would have been a good way to play it given those concerns.  

At the end of the day, he may already have some indications from KK that he's their guy.  *shrug*

He turned down millions of dollars from an MLB team after being drafted 9th overall... what more commitment do you want?

4 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Hey 100% honest I thought we were taking Mayfield at 3 last year. I think there's too many comparisons and something about this kid just rubs me the wrong way... Fool's Gold?

It was probably that interview.  If he came across as excited about football rather than "why am I wasting my time talking about football" then it would have been a lot easier to be excited about this kid.  In any case, I am SO glad we aren't in need of a QB this year.

4 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Hey 100% honest I thought we were taking Mayfield at 3 last year. I think there's too many comparisons and something about this kid just rubs me the wrong way... Fool's Gold?

I think we were convincing ourselves to like Mayfield because we thought that was the way the draft would fall, but there were size, system & douche factor concerns with him at this time last year too.

Turns out the first 2 items proved to be none-issues. Item 3 hasn't been that bad either.

Archived