Jump to content

Murray measurements


CTJetsFan
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, FO-Ti said:

Lol where are all the height skeptics now? He's a half an inch shorter than Russell Wilson, I don't think his size will be much of an issue. I wouldn't feel too good about my future in Arizona if I'm Rosen right about now. 

Don’t tell anyone that I told you...but 5’10 isnt good either. It’s just not disatriously unprecedented because at least 1 QB in the history of the league has done it. Still not very encouraging.

but whatever let another team be a sucker and trade us a haul.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Word is he doesn't plan to throw at the combine.  Combine with that 'interview' this kid just seems determined to make it harder for teams to trust him enough to blow a high 1st round pick on him.  Does he even have an agent?

 

 

With so many questions about him already ( height, durability, baseball vs football) why the hell wouldn't he throw ? Is he trying to add that to the list of questions ?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Due to his piss-poor attitude I have the feeling he's going to drop Brady Quinn Style

Yes  How is NOT throwing going to help him ? I just hope some team is willing to trade up with us for him. I read where Josh Allen (QB) would rank at the head of this years QB class. Glad we got Sam when we did.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Word is he doesn't plan to throw at the combine.  Combine with that 'interview' this kid just seems determined to make it harder for teams to trust him enough to blow a high 1st round pick on him.  Does he even have an agent?

 

 

I would imagine that his agent is the one that told him not to throw.  Plenty of people don't like the conditions at the combine.  Luck didn't throw at the combine.  He also might want to avoid that ourlads nonsense, especially compared to Haskins.  Darnold didn't throw at the combine.  Were you all worried picking him at 3?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Thai Jet said:

Yes  How is NOT throwing going to help him ? I just hope some team is willing to trade up with us for him. I read where Josh Allen (QB) would rank at the head of this years QB class. Glad we got Sam when we did.

Glad you got Sam who refused to throw at the combine?  You guys read too much into sh*t.  He will throw before the draft.

 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Don’t tell anyone that I told you...but 5’10 isnt good either. It’s just not disatriously unprecedentedly because 1 QB in the history of the league has done it. Still not very encouraging.

but whatever let another team be a sucker and trade us a haul.

Not good for who? Tom Brady? Peyton Manning? Sure I'd agree there but the guy has arguably more mobility than Michael Vick who was 6'0 and is a much more complete passer, comparing him to other traditional drop back passers is silly. With the NFL adopting more spread offenses with the QB getting the ball from the shotgun 90+% of the time I would be willing to wager that we will see much more QBs of this prototype in the near future. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Don’t tell anyone that I told you...but 5’10 isnt good either. It’s just not disatriously unprecedented because at least 1 QB in the history of the league has done it. Still not very encouraging.

but whatever let another team be a sucker and trade us a haul.

Not great, but at least he isn't 5'8 (which I thought) which woulld have killed his draft value

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I say Gruden takes him and he becomes a Raider with their late-round first. And they trade Derek Carr to the skins or the Vagiants

Then the Raiders can move back to Oakland and he can play for them AND the A's. Win win win for everyone. lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To me it's a little more about his commitment to football.  With the baseball thing looming, is this kid one injury away from flipping back to baseball?  If I were a GM, I'd want to know Murray absolutely loves football and wants to make it his career before I burn a top-10 pick on him.  Holding back at the combine might not be an issue for some, most or even all GMs but I think showing up and competing in every way possible would have been a good way to play it given those concerns.  

At the end of the day, he may already have some indications from KK that he's their guy.  *shrug*

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, nycdan said:

To me it's a little more about his commitment to football.  With the baseball thing looming, is this kid one injury away from flipping back to baseball?  If I were a GM, I'd want to know Murray absolutely loves football and wants to make it his career before I burn a top-10 pick on him.  Holding back at the combine might not be an issue for some, most or even all GMs but I think showing up and competing in every way possible would have been a good way to play it given those concerns.  

At the end of the day, he may already have some indications from KK that he's their guy.  *shrug*

 

He turned down millions of dollars from an MLB team after being drafted 9th overall... what more commitment do you want?

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Hey 100% honest I thought we were taking Mayfield at 3 last year. I think there's too many comparisons and something about this kid just rubs me the wrong way... Fool's Gold?

It was probably that interview.  If he came across as excited about football rather than "why am I wasting my time talking about football" then it would have been a lot easier to be excited about this kid.  In any case, I am SO glad we aren't in need of a QB this year.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Hey 100% honest I thought we were taking Mayfield at 3 last year. I think there's too many comparisons and something about this kid just rubs me the wrong way... Fool's Gold?

I think we were convincing ourselves to like Mayfield because we thought that was the way the draft would fall, but there were size, system & douche factor concerns with him at this time last year too.

Turns out the first 2 items proved to be none-issues. Item 3 hasn't been that bad either.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...