Cubs fans

Blackout

Wood and Prior will get injured yet again and make less than 30 starts each (they might get 50 between them if they're lucky), Wade Miller will perform below his potential as usual and the Juan Pierre deal will turn out to be a huge bust.

Their "curse" goes on.

Oh, and the Pirates will finish ahead of them in the NL Central.

If by some miracle both Wood and Prior can stay healthy (forget Miller, he's a gamble, and it did not work for the Bosox in 2005), I can see 90 wins, and a run at the WC.

But if either one misses any considerable amount of time on the DL, forget it. Even if Lee goes for the triple crown again.

do they have any position players besides Ramirez and Lee worth mentioning?

Pierre and Barrett.

The pen should be very strong and if Prior and Woody can get the sand out of their vaginas for a year, we could make some noise. We really needed another bat though, so they brought in Jaque Jones. :roll:

I am surprised how down folks are on the cubbies. Not a drop of optomisim here.

Y'know mbn - when they got Pierre it meant that Patterson was finally done and they had a true leadoff hitter - I started to get excited. Then I remembered that Baker still had his hands on the wheel and that is as sure a guarantee of mediocrity as if Honest Herm was still the Jets HC.

They could have all the players on board right now to get to the show, but that allows that Wood and Prior don't have their arms in slings all year. They really don't have closer but the beefed up pen might be able to get them through it. Baker will totally mishandle Cedeno at short, Pie and Murton in the OF, and for some reason he doesn't like Walker. Baker is a Loser and we ain't going anywhere with him.

Pierre and Barrett.

The pen should be very strong and if Prior and Woody can get the sand out of their vaginas for a year, we could make some noise. We really needed another bat though, so they brought in Jaque Jones. :roll:

Could be worse. They could have needed pitching and brought in Kenny Rogers and Todd Jones...

Archived