Jets rumored to get OL Rodger Saffold?

prime21

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

LOL We're not the only team that's going to be looking OL in FA this year. We aren't going to set the price for this type of guy, we're going to have to pay it. Guys like Saffold and Paradis are going to get big money and years. We've ignored the line for too long, now with a young QB finally here the chickens have come home to roost. We're not going to be able to dictate the length and terms to upper level FAs.

Bad drafting has consequences, and if you have to go shop in the open market, you have to pay at least the market price, sometimes more.

If they're going to over pay it should be on the offensive line and on offensive skill players. This offseason is only about putting pieces around Darnold to maximize his development. That's it.

9 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If they're going to over pay it should be on the offensive line and on offensive skill players. This offseason is only about putting pieces around Darnold to maximize his development. That's it.

That's what I'm saying. I'm not concerned about years and money. People have to realize if you're looking for quality in FA, you're going to have to pay a premium.

I have no problem at all over paying for guys like Saffold, Morse or Paradis or Leveon Bell. Its about protecting the QB. A good OL helps the run game too, which also protects the QB.

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

That's what I'm saying. I'm not concerned about years and money. People have to realize if you're looking for quality in FA, you're going to have to pay a premium.

I have no problem at all over paying for guys like Saffold, Morse or Paradis or Leveon Bell. Its about protecting the QB. A good OL helps the run game too, which also protects the QB.

Agreed 1000%. This off-season is not the time to be cheap. The Jets only have 3-4 more years before they have to pay Darnold so they might as well spend like drunken sailors surrounding him with premium talent while they can.

20 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

LOL We're not the only team that's going to be looking OL in FA this year. We aren't going to set the price for this type of guy, we're going to have to pay it. Guys like Saffold and Paradis are going to get big money and years. We've ignored the line for too long, now with a young QB finally here the chickens have come home to roost. We're not going to be able to dictate the length and terms to upper level FAs.

Bad drafting has consequences, and if you have to go shop in the open market, you have to pay at least the market price, sometimes more.

And...… Ridiculous doesn't mean we're not going to have to pay.  I expect to.  And in regards to this player, I'm ok with it.  Better spent  on Saffold,  than taking a flier on some underachieving slot receiver.  No, I don't mean Humphries. I like the fact that we're being aggressive and proactive, instead of reactive.  Isn't that what we've wanted?  I thought so.

8 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

And...… Ridiculous doesn't mean we're not going to have to pay.  I expect to.  And in regards to this player, I'm ok with it.  Better spent  on Saffold,  than taking a flier on some underachieving slot receiver.  No, I don't mean Humphries. I like the fact that we're being aggressive and proactive, instead of reactive.  Isn't that what we've wanted?  I thought so.

Yeah, but you just wait my friend. We're going to be doing this ](*,)reading posts from guys complaining Macc got taken over the hurdles over paying for 30 year old rejects from other teams this time next month. Buckle up.

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah, but you just wait my friend. We're going to be doing this ](*,)reading posts from guys complaining Macc got taken over the hurdles over paying for 30 year old rejects from other teams this time next month. Buckle up.

I expect it.  Comes with  the territory.  Can't win for losing.  The only cure for that will be winning.  When we do, they'll  have to shut up, probably, maybe, won't they?    ?

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Would be a nice stopgap signing.

I know everyone wants young guys, but I wouldn’t get too obsessed over that. The Jets need quality players to help out Darnold, period. Even if they’re 30 year old vets on short term deals.

Bell, Saffold and Paradis/Morse would be a pretty damn good start to the offseason.

I wouldn't consider a guy like Saffold a stop gap signing. I'm guessing he signs a four to five year contract and I wouldn't mind giving it to him. He's such an upgrade over what we have and should have several good years ahead of him, if not living up to whatever contract he garners. 

4 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Saw something on Bills and Vikings are likely going after him as well

Thanks ! Bills OL is as bad as ours. They signed Spencer Long. Vikes are up against it money wise because of Cousins huge deal but they must get him help.

26 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I used to work for a guy in the music business who tapped that in the 70s.  He then went on to marry a Playmate.  Some guys...

The 70s were a confusing time for a young guy.

You had the hot "hippie chicks".  Then there were the really sexy ones with a harder edge, too much make up  and always wearing mini skirts. There were also the "cheerleader" types who were also really hot, but kind of in between and safe to bring home.

It was so hard to decide how to act, what to wear, and what lies to tell about yourself depending on which type you were going after each night you went out. 

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

The 70s were a confusing time for a young guy.

You had the hot "hippie chicks".  Then there were the really sexy ones with a harder edge, too much make up  and always wearing mini skirts. There were also the "cheerleader" types who were also really hot, but kind of in between and safe to bring home.

It was so hard to decide how to act, what to wear, and what lies to tell about yourself depending on which type you were going after each night you went out. 

Where's the confusion?  Tap em all. The time of my life,

11 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Where's the confusion?  Tap em all. The time of my life,

LOL, yeah I tried my hardest. They were great times.

Honestly I'd be afraid to be a young guy now. I don't want to get political but the things guys can get in trouble for saying or doing now? I'd be terrified to make a joke, or give a compliment. No thanks.

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

LOL, yeah I tried my hardest. They were great times.

Honestly I'd be afraid to be a young guy now. I don't want to get political but the things guys can get in trouble for saying or doing now? I'd be terrified to make a joke, or give a compliment. No thanks.

Not just that...but the constant videoing of everything.  I thank my lucky stars every day that my teens and twenties weren't chronicled on social media.

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

I Ioved her.  She was amazing to look at.  Still hS the good voice

I was there, she was/is very pretty. TMB members said she was the nicest person, hung out with the band after recording “Tusk”.

Cool they presented the Platinum Album to the TMB during half time of a game in the Coliseum- can’t even remember who we were playing!

7877DB71-BF09-4713-9A37-3B05BB9ED3E3.jpeg

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Not just that...but the constant videoing of everything.  I thank my lucky stars every day that my teens and twenties weren't chronicled on social media.

Yeah, the whole "selfie" and videoing other people thing is a culture change I'll never understand.

Again, not to go off on a tangent but there really isn't anywhere to hide anymore either. Between surveillance cameras, tracking systems in our cars and phones... Hell how many times have we talked about the targeted ads we all get on this site?

There are so many benefits to technology, but it can be kind of scary too when you think about it.

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah, the whole "selfie" and videoing other people thing is a culture change I'll never understand.

Again, not to go off on a tangent but there really isn't anywhere to hide anymore either. Between surveillance cameras, tracking systems in our cars and phones... Hell how many times have we talked about the targeted ads we all get on this site?

There are so many benefits to technology, but it can be kind of scary too when you think about it.

Big Brother, baby, its now a reality.

14 hours ago, flgreen said:

This will be a good short term deal.  1-2 years.  Probably have to pay a bit more for that, but with the money the Jets have well worth it.

i'm thinking the same thing.  he's 30.  not that 30 is old but how many more good seasons are left at this point?  i hope they can get 3 seasons out of the guy so they have time to find a longer term replacement.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

What does “ready to get” mean? Does he have to be ready to be gotten?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Broken English haha check out their Instagram, it's a group of like 17 year old kids that run that page. I was hoping Schefter or Rap had mentioned the Jets and Saffold, but I haven't seen anything linking the 2.

8 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I was there, she was/is very pretty. TMB members said she was the nicest person, hung out with the band after recording “Tusk”.

Cool they presented the Platinum Album to the TMB during half time of a game in the Coliseum- can’t even remember who we were playing!

7877DB71-BF09-4713-9A37-3B05BB9ED3E3.jpeg

That is AWESOME!!

My step brother worked on her house (master plumber) in the 80s.  Said she was so stoned out of her mind she had no idea what was going on.  It is amazing she was able to get out of that and get her life back.

Archived