TokyoJetsFan

Ole Miss WR D.K. Metcalf measured in at 6-foot-3 and 3/8 and 228 pounds... with 1.6% body fat

That's 48.4% less body fat than me

“We had a guy walk in our room last night, a receiver out of Ole Miss, his name is [D.K.] Metcalf, I mean he looked like Jim Brown,” said Gruden. “He’s the biggest wide out I’ve ever seen. You have to ask yourself, who is tackling this guy?”

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2019/2/28/18245064/2019-nfl-scouting-combine-measurements-wide-receivers-hakeem-butler-dk-metcalf-physical-specimen

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is the guy who I want to separate himself from the rest of the WR's and put himself into top 5 consideration. I would love to pair him with Quincy. If he runs sub 4.5 and has a good combine it will move him into that conversation.

• Upvote 2

Just now, TokyoJetsFan said:

Ah sorry JW.  Mods merge please.

No worries just a heads up theres a thread about him in the draft forum, it's all good. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Can you imagine being some sophomore DB warming up, looking over at these guys? "I'll take that guy, uh.. gulp, no, I'll take that guy, Uh no... Hey coach! I'm cramping. Get me outta here!" LOL

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

With a 1.6% body fat percentage he would be fighting for his life right now. Anything under 3% would be considered fatal. A body builder died of multiple organ failure due to his body fat being around 2.5% for his competition. 

Just curious on where this number came from?

Theres a bunch of tweets going around.  I'm sure no one actually checked fo fact.

Just now, TokyoJetsFan said:

Theres a bunch of tweets going around.  I'm sure no one actually checked fo fact.

Interesting! Even Rapoport...lol

32 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Id stay away.  Gholston, david boston.  These juice heads dont make it.

David Boston was what immediately came to my mind. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

Interesting! Even Rapoport...lol

Rappoport's strong suit is trades, rumors stuff like that. I read a story the other day that claimed he mails it in with stuff like this. I'm starting to believe it.

31 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

You posted it in the wrong forum

Draft forum DK Metcalf is in the draft. 

29 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

With a 1.6% body fat percentage he would be fighting for his life right now. Anything under 3% would be considered fatal. A body builder died of multiple organ failure due to his body fat being around 2.5% for his competition. 

Just curious on where this number came from?

You are absolutely right.  It seemed weird to me too.  The average body fat % for an NFL wide receiver is 9.4%.  The body fat % is a flawed number most times to begin with.  Measuring apparatus vary greatly and so do results.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Wouldn't a body fat % that low like uh........... kill you???

That's kind of what I was thinking. When people get that low it normally means they are on their deathbed.

• Upvote 1

Ole Miss WR D.K. Metcalf measured in at 6-foot-3 and 3/8 and 228 pounds... with 1.6% body fat

I didn't see the body fat mentioned in the article... but if they stated 1.6% that would be in error... professional bodybuilders don't even have it that low... I still say musculature on a wide receiver means ABSOLUTELY ZERO...  just ask David Boston...

davidboston.jpg

or Jerry Rice...

871-t3741256-.jpg

That number is physiologically impossible as others pointed out.  Most body builders are in the 6% range with proper Deca scans and those have margins of error that can be up to two percent.  Judging from the pics, there’s no way that player is in professional bodybuilding territory either (nor would you want him to, as it requires copious amounts of gear to achieve, for a real eye opener  check out natural bodybuilding comps to see what can be achieved naturally..  it should disturb people to realize a lot of pro nflers are actually superior to the natties.

Having low body fat is not desirable anyway as they would not have adequate stamina, and would have hormonal problems.  It’s a major misconception to equate body fat percentage with athletic performance.  They can be linked, but it’s far from perfect.  In fact having the wrong hypertrophied muscles is often a detriment to athletic performance.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, New York Mick said:

That’s an unhealthy body fat percentage. Anything under 5% isn’t good. 

I was thinking the same thing. Guy needs to eat a few burgers. 

12 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Id stay away.  Gholston, david boston.  These juice heads dont make it.

I usually think the same thing, but the fact that he comes from such a multigenerational football family, it makes me rethink that. 

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

We have more chance of Macc drafting him if he looks like a defensive player! :D 

Can he play safety?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Can he play safety?

For the Jets, who can't?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hael said:

In fact having the wrong hypertrophied muscles is often a detriment to athletic performance.  

Mind blown now I know why I didn’t make Varsity damn.

• Haha 1