Ole Miss WR D.K. Metcalf measured in at 6-foot-3 and 3/8 and 228 pounds... with 1.6% body fat

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Nobody is saying he was a "combine surprise". The guy is a physical monster appearance wise. As a football player, he was projected mid late 1st to somewhere in the 2nd round until today. I think that's a pretty good ball player, but lets not make him into Megatron. He hasn't proved he can stay on the field, and I keep wondering why he wasn't even the best WR on his team.

WR has a huge bust rate in the 1st round. We can't afford a bust with the 3rd pick. I'll pass. If the kid goes higher then expected and turns out to be a star, I'll be happy for him.

He was projected as a mid first but if his health came back good at combine then he would be first wr off board. Not only did his health come back ok he blew up the combine he will go top ten and my opinion he will go top 5 if we don’t take him Oakland will

41 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Well the same can be said for production. Bad route running and a bad QB can limit those numbers. It why certain WRs don’t dominate in college but do in the NFL. Boldin, and TO are good examples but there are lota of them out there. Its a tough position to scout. But at the very least Metcalf has the body to be a dominating possession WR. At the very low end of his ability. He definitely needs work catching and route running. But he has the body to shield DBs and the speed to get over the top.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Catching and route running are the two key attributes of playing wr and that’s why so many highly drafted wrs don’t pan out - we’re looking at 40 times.

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Why? He wasn't a beast in college. He wasn't even the best WR on his team. 

Now that he won the bathing suit and decathlon portions of the combine you guys start squealing like 16 year old girls on a beach with him.

Take a cold shower Joe. We're not taking him at 3.

Ok champ lets draft another defensive player which hasn't worked for us forever. 

Should we start with Dwayne Robertson,Jeff Lageman add in Quinton Coples, Vernon Gholston, Dee Milliner, Kyle Wilson, Wilkerson,Richardosn,Revis, Pryor etc etc i'm sure I missed some good ones. 

God Bless JetNation  aka Jets Nation according to you. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok champ lets draft another defensive player which hasn't worked for us forever. 

Should we start with Dwayne Robertosn add in Quinton Coples, Vernon Gholston, Dee Milliner, Kyle Wilson, Wilkerson,Richardosn,Revis, Pryor etc etc i'm sure I missed some good ones. 

Oh God more whining.  Literally every well respected scout says the top 3 (Bosa, Allen, QW) is what it is

Fine let’s sign the $100 million pothead part time rb Bell if it means we finally get our first real pass rusher since Abraham 

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Should we start with Dwayne Robertosn add in Quinton Coples, Vernon Gholston, Dee Milliner, Kyle Wilson, Wilkerson,Richardosn,Revis, Pryor etc etc i'm sure I missed some good ones. 

Not that what you said makes any sense, but Ok genius lets play your game. You listed the defensive busts.  Now why don't you list the WRs we drafted that busted also? That should keep you busy for a while. Its a long list, and you don't have to go as far back either..

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

C'mon Joe, you know better than that.  The Jets draft history is filled with horror stories.  Here's some Offensive ones for you.  Browning Nagle, Mark Sanchez, Johhny Lam Jones, Mike Nugent, Kyle Brady, Dave Cadigan, Roger Vick, Blair Thomas, Christian Hackenberg, Meshawn Johnson.....  G-d Bless JetNation, G-d Bless you, and G-d Bless DK Metcalf, he's no overall #3 draft pick.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Oh God more whining.  Literally every well respected scout says the top 3 (Bosa, Allen, QW) is what it is

Fine let’s sign the $100 million pothead part time rb Bell if it means we finally get our first real pass rusher since Abraham 

Bosa QUIT on his team something to consider right just like Bell and Brown. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

C'mon Joe, you know better than that.  The Jets draft history is filled with horror stories.  Here's some Offensive ones for you.  Browning Nagle, Mark Sanchez, Johhny Lam Jones, Mike Nugent, Kyle Brady, Dave Cadigan, Roger Vick, Blair Thomas, Christian Hackenberg, Meshawn Johnson.....  G-d Bless JetNation, G-d Bless you, and G-d Bless DK Metcalf, he's no overall #3 draft pick.

Mark Sanchez QB this team to back to back AFC Championships. 

Keyshawn Johnson was a BEAST here. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

We need to reach for a WR who hasn’t broken 700 yards receiving in college because y’know offense and he looks like a manly man 

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Not that what you said makes any sense, but Ok genius lets play your game. You listed the defensive busts.  Now why don't you list the WRs we drafted that busted also? That should keep you busy for a while, its a long list.

I figured it wouldn't to you. 

Im done with you not worth my time or effort. 

Goodbye. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Mark Sanchez QB this team to back to back AFC Championships. 

Keyshawn Johnson was a BEAST here. 

Mark Sanchez was/is a journeyman quarterback.  Meshawn Johnson, was here for four years and did his best to destroy the team in the process.  That's not what you expect from the  overall #1 pick in the draft.  Mark Sanchez was drafted, at a huge cost to be a "Sanchise Quarterback"  He never was that. Yes he "took" us to two AFC Championship games. That's like saying Luc Longley "took" Michael Jordan to all of those championships.  He was a piece on two very good teams

. Two high first round draft picks, specifically taken to be key long term franchise type players, who last four years are busts. That's the sad truth.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I figured it wouldn't to you. 

Im done with you not worth my time or effort. 

Goodbye. 

That's because very little you say here makes sense, 

Stay in your lane Joe. Post nonsensical memes and giffs. Its what you do best.

Till the next time... :yawn:

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I'd rather trade back, acquire more picks, and take a O Tackle in the first round.

Then with the extra picks i'll pick 2 of:  Harry, Johnson, and Butler.

edit:

What did those three guys run?

Who cares what they ran. Did you like how they played in college?

• Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Actually he doesn't know better. "knowing" isn't his thing.

32 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Bosa QUIT on his team something to consider right just like Bell and Brown. 

But yesterday you wanted Bell... and Brown.  ](*,) You know, need offensive weapons, gotta help Sam, yada yada. What's changed Joe? 

14 minutes ago, Rolloffjet said:

Think so his arms are like tooth picks plus I think his head is bigger roids will do that don’t think hard work would make your head bigger

How can you tell that his head is bigger based on those two pictures? Haha haha. Actually, his head looks smaller in the Senior picture.  Did it shrink?  We're not looking at Barroid Bonds here.  My son is twelve.  He has grown a lot in the last year, let alone three.  He is not on a weight program designed to make him a NFL player.  He is not on steroids either,to the best of my knowledge.  Kids grow.  Check Allen's back for acne.  That would give you a better idea, than a comparison from two pictures, taken under two different circumstances, space three years apart.  Regards.

3 hours ago, thshadow said:

Well check out these numbers:

6'4", 215, 4.36, 39.5".  Plus an 11'1" broad jump, and a 6.88 in the 3-cone.  A freakin' can't-miss beast.  And didn't get drafted until the 2nd round!

6' 8, 225, 4.25, 44.4, Plus a 12' 4" broad jump and a 6.42 in the 3 -cone. A freakin' can't miss beast... And didn't get drafted at all...LOL

8 minutes ago, GaryM said:

6' 8, 225, 4.25, 44.4, Plus a 12' 4" broad jump and a 6.42 in the 3 -cone. A freakin' can't miss beast... And didn't get drafted at all...LOL

Ignore the combine for DK and go look at his skillset. He's an elite deep threat with good hands and a solid route runner. His combine just confirmed the strength and athleticism that he showed on tape. Multiple draft "experts" had him top 10 prior to the draft. Going #3 isn't a reach.

• Upvote 3