Ole Miss WR D.K. Metcalf measured in at 6-foot-3 and 3/8 and 228 pounds... with 1.6% body fat

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

Wrong on Adams?  I've said he's good but not worth what he is going to want to be paid. Nothing has changed there and I hope we don't sign him to a record setting deal

And 58 catches 900 yards for a WR you wanted drafted at 1.3 because he looks great with his shirt off doesn't prove you right. Lets talk in 4 years. If we were picking mid / end rd DK would've been more palatable but I'd still have preferred his teammate who actually produced in college and had a FAR BETTER rookie year. Metcalf was essentially a JAG by DVOA: #44. Brown was #5

Re:QW, he's the last guy I wanted.

I wanted hm at #3 because we had a glaring need for a #1 WR a big physical WR and still do that would have helped Sam Darnold's success. QW did nothing for this team.  Football reasons for me.   (you seem to be more interested in the shirtless men pics than I am) 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I wanted hm at #3 because we had a glaring need for a #1 WR a big physical WR and still do that would have helped Sam Darnold's success. QW did nothing for this team.  Football reasons for me.   (you seem to be more interested in the shirtless men pics than I am) 

uh huh.

Well he produced like a jag and his teammate was way better producer in college and pros, which is what I was referring to in the post you necro'd

QW was a waste so we agree there.

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

uh huh.

Well he produced like a jag and his teammate was way better producer in college and pros, which is what I was referring to in the post you necro'd

QW was a waste so we agree there.

He produced like a JAG?  Yet he would have led all NY Jets WR's with his 2019 stats. 

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I wanted hm at #3 because we had a glaring need for a #1 WR a big physical WR and still do that would have helped Sam Darnold's success. QW did nothing for this team.  Football reasons for me.   (you seem to be more interested in the shirtless men pics than I am

So you admit that you are in fact interested in pictures of men without their shirts on. It appears that only a level of gradation is left to discuss. ? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He produced like a JAG?  Yet he would have led all NY Jets WR's with his 2019 stats. 

He had an elite QB, our guys at best had a 2nd year QB who is not very good and at worst had a guy who should be a UPS driver

And our WR's are JAGS anyway

The point is that he didn't product at some level that makes it an obvious mistake to pass on him at 1.3, he wasn't even the best WR taken last year, let alone top 3 of the entire draft. You're position is as dumb today as it was then. ty

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

He had an elite QB, our guys at best had a 2nd year QB who is not very good and at worst had a guy who should be a UPS driver

And our WR's are JAGS anyway

The point is that he didn't product at some level that makes it an obvious mistake to pass on him at 1.3, he wasn't even the best WR taken last year, let alone top 3 of the entire draft. You're position is as dumb today as it was then. ty

My position is what it is. The NY Jets needed a WR we needed offense with that pick not another  DL who by the way was outplayed by UDFA's all season long. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

My position is what it is. The NY Jets needed a WR we needed offense with that pick not another  DL who by the way was outplayed by UDFA's all season long. 

again, i'm with you on QW. Hated it then and now. Not sure why you are trying to pin that on me.

I wanted to trade back for OL or WR. Had DK been the guy where Seattle took him, I'm ok with that pick (although I wouldn't have loved it). At 1.3 it would've been a terrible pick considering I do not believe he was even the best WR on this own collegiate team, let alone the 3rd best player in the entire draft

Just now, CTM said:

again, i'm with you on QW. Hated it then and now. Not sure why you are trying to pin that on me.

I wanted to trade back for OL or WR. Had DK been the guy where Seattle took him, I'm ok with that pick (although I wouldn't have loved it). At 1.3 it would've been a terrible pick considering I do not believe he was even the best WR on this own collegiate team, let alone the 3rd best player in the entire draft

We agree for the most part and there were other better WR's, my thought process was his a big physical WR not afraid to go over the middle or fight for the ball. 

QW unless he makes a 360 this season he's going to be another bust. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We agree for the most part and there were other better WR's, my thought process was his a big physical WR not afraid to go over the middle or fight for the ball. 

QW unless he makes a 360 this season he's going to be another bust. 

Cool, I think we can both agree that @T0mShane is a spineless choad and move on

• Haha 2

• 7 months later...
On 3/2/2019 at 5:12 PM, Nixhead said:

Metcalf is “Fools Gold”. His college stats are the proof. If u can’t dominate and put up great stats on college how u gonna do it in the pros?  Jets have been down this road before. If he’s available in round 3 sure. But round 1 - fools gold. 

“Fools Gold”

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

In retrospect, a horrible oversight in not drafting this beast. Darnold stinks but not surrounding him with capable offensive talent is basically malpractice.

I said before the season this roster was reminiscent of the idzik/geno years. 

The delusion around here was at all time highs this off season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I said before the season this roster was reminiscent of the idzik/geno years. 

The delusion around here was at all time highs this off season. 

90% Jets fans had confidence in the team immediately after the draft, down to 3% after last week. It'll be 0% this week, I am sure.

This is why I can barely post here anymore. People telling us not to pick Allen because of Hackenberg or not to pick DK because of Stephen Hill. Or that good franchises get the number one overall pick and cant pick good WBs unless they have it. Or just today when someone told me that its possible a WR ran the wrong route and thats why Sam threw a pick. Or how we needed new ugly uniforms. Its really become ridiculous around here.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

This is why I can barely post here anymore. People telling us not to pick Allen because of Hackenberg or not to pick DK because of Stephen Hill. Or that good franchises get the number one overall pick and cant pick good WBs unless they have it. Or just today when someone told me that its possible a WR ran the wrong route and thats why Sam threw a pick. Or how we needed new ugly uniforms. Its really become ridiculous around here.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

50 years of losing will do that to a fan base.