Jack Azz Mike named worst GM in the business

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How is john lynch there?  He has been the GM for 2 years.  He found his QB for a 2nd rounder, and traded down with the bears for a nice haul of pics.  That list is dumb

Considering Macc's team is picking top 6 for the 3rd consecutive year, has never made the playoffs, has drafted the least current NFL players of any franchise over his tenure, and has almost entirely

Who is this longtime executive & former GM you are quoting?  Without knowing, this thread has no integrity.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, chirorob said:

How is john lynch there?  He has been the GM for 2 years.  He found his QB for a 2nd rounder, and traded down with the bears for a nice haul of pics. 

That list is dumb

I don’t know all of his moves, but giving Jimmy G that massive contract on very little production was very Tanny/Sanchezey. And that was before the injury.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
21 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

Lynch doesn't make sense IMO, getting Jimmy G for a 2nd rounder is pure gold. I wouldn't even be worried about the contract because it doesn't prevent then from signing anyone. He may never live up to that contract but not having to worry about QB in the draft is a huge luxury the 49ers haven't really had since Kaep was playing well.

• Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Lynch doesn't make sense IMO, getting Jimmy G for a 2nd rounder is pure gold. I wouldn't even be worried about the contract because it doesn't prevent then from signing anyone. He may never live up to that contract but not having to worry about QB in the draft is a huge luxury the 49ers haven't really had since Kaep was playing well.

Lynch seems to make a lot of good moves but theyre still picking second. Agreed, that Jimmy trade looked great but how many games has he played for them? Guy’s made of glass. Samuel L. Jackson style. 

• Upvote 2

Tough to argue with the list.  Those are among the worst teams in the league. 

I like Lynch and think he will improve.  Garoppolo was a great move for a second.  Hack was picked in the second round.  But many of his other draft picks were questionable.  

It is interesting-all of GMs had bad or distracted ownership.   So the GMs were either poorly selected or supervised, or both.  

I predict that at least half of these guys will be fired by this time next year. 

Really? A completely unproven QB coming from a place where no other qb behind Brady has ever done a thing? Add that he made said unproven commodity the highest paid player in the NFL after giving away a high 2nd rd pick for him?
Add again that his first season was a complete wash due to injury.

I’m not saying John Lynch is one way if there other just yet but the jimmy G deal is faaaaaaaaar from being a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 4

This comment smells  like the work of Charley Casserly who is responsible for this fiasco in the first place.  Another one of those has beens who always has something to say about everything.  Great Headline, does the poster work for the New York Post, by any chance? 

As for John Lynch, let's not confuse GM John with the player.  @GREENBEAN is right about the Jimmy Garoppolo deal.  On what basis was he handed a contract, that at one point made him the highest paid player in the league?  Answer, none. Then there is the convict Reuben Foster who was selected #3 overall. Can't let that pick slide. Another 2017 top of the third round pick, Ahkello Witherspoon was picked one slot ahead of Alvin Kamara.  Witherspoon had a good rookie season, but was benched twice in 2018 and hasn't done much since. There is also CJ Beathard, 3rd round backup quarterback, who couldn't get the job done in Garoppolo's absence and was replaced by undrafted Nick Mullens. And of course,  there's the record.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

i am thinking the reason is because people think the 49ers were on the rise before he got there and they've done nothing since.

As far as I'm concerned, the judging of Macc starts this year, at least for me.

Say what you want about him, but he's the only guy running this team that, in my 40+ years on this earth, got us a legitimate franchise QB.  Sure it took him a while and there were some really bad misses, but he got Sam and I'm giving him a clean slate.

Doesn't mean I have a lot of faith in him right now, but let's see what we can do now without having to alter everything thing we do in the offseaon because we're looking for a QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I love the thread title makes it sound like some Academy of General Managers, after careful consideration, bestowed this special honor in an awards ceremony when in reality it's some jack-ass who likely doesn't have a job in the NFL and may have an ax to grind.

Don't talk about Mike Tannenbaum like that.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Considering Macc's team is picking top 6 for the 3rd consecutive year, has never made the playoffs, has drafted the least current NFL players of any franchise over his tenure, and has almost entirely washed out in free agency, it's hard to comprehend a cogent argument that he's not in the bottom 5, if not worst GM in football.

Sure but a rebuild takes time, man. Just wait until we get that wild card in 2023!

47 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Considering Macc's team is picking top 6 for the 3rd consecutive year, has never made the playoffs, has drafted the least current NFL players of any franchise over his tenure, and has almost entirely washed out in free agency, it's hard to comprehend a cogent argument that he's not in the bottom 5, if not worst GM in football.

It's also hard to comprehend that he's still included in any ranking as a current GM, as the above paints a clear picture that he should currently be a former GM.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

Like the quoted post says, there is more to being gm than people realize.  Its funny when people think the only thing they do is manage the roster.  

But it’s the most important part by far and he is atrocious at it. That’s like saying there is more to being a head chef than just cooking food but constantly burning/ruining meals or getting the worst ingredients.

I hope you aren’t trying to defend Mac with this statement because that’s ridiculous. GM is most responsible for roster despite other duties. He is the absolute worst GM when it comes to this.

He’s bad at everything except no brainer top 6 picks but he arguably still messes up by drafting non impact positions that can be had in FA (not talking about Sam). He also gets he occasional nice find like Robbie and Henry Anderson. That’s literally it. For every 1 good move, he’s had 10 bad moves. A GM needs a better hit rate than that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

As far as I'm concerned, the judging of Macc starts this year, at least for me.

Why?

Why does he get 3 objectively terrible drafts before we can start to formulate an opinion of him?

Does Dave Gettleman taking a running back suddenly make Macc a better judge of talent?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

I love the thread title makes it sound like some Academy of General Managers, after careful consideration, bestowed this special honor in an awards ceremony when in reality it's some jack-ass who likely doesn't have a job in the NFL and may have an ax to grind.

Lets assume he does have an ax to grind.  Why is Macc the focus of that ire?

I mean, unless you're going to tell me it's John Idzik, then why does Macc's name come up first?

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Lets assume he does have an ax to grind.  Why is Macc the focus of that ire?

I mean, unless you're going to tell me it's John Idzik, then why does Macc's name come up first?

My point was that the thread title should read that he was "named" worst GM "by some guy who won't use his name."  

Yes, he's made some very bad picks but I'm giving him a mulligan, at least for now, because he has done what no other GM has been able to do in forty years -- got us a future star at QB -- without even giving up an extra first.  But if he bombs again this year I'll be right on board the fire Mac train.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1