Jack Azz Mike named worst GM in the business

17 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Like the quoted post says, there is more to being gm than people realize.  Its funny when people think the only thing they do is manage the roster.  

Yeah but what if you’re so bad at drafting and then blow 10’s of millions on more bad players (because you can’t Draft), many of your draft picks don’t even see an NFL field for 1 SINGLE DOWN, you are congratulated by idiots who think “$100Mill in Cap Space” is some kind of accomplishment, no, it’s at that level because you have virtually no good players on the roster you put in place and then change it year after year like dirty socks.....so explain to me the “more” of what Maccagnan does please.

Sorry fellas, I know this video is a re-post, but this post screams for it once again...

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How is john lynch there?  He has been the GM for 2 years.  He found his QB for a 2nd rounder, and traded down with the bears for a nice haul of pics.  That list is dumb

Considering Macc's team is picking top 6 for the 3rd consecutive year, has never made the playoffs, has drafted the least current NFL players of any franchise over his tenure, and has almost entirely

Who is this longtime executive & former GM you are quoting?  Without knowing, this thread has no integrity.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, stoicsentry said:

While I'm not that thrilled with the work that Mac has done, the fact of the matter is that he HAS landed us our first franchise QB in forever, so...

No technically the NYG landed the Jets a possible HOF QB, he’s already a Franchise QB at 21 years old.  JJ Watt would agree with that assessment.

Just remember Maccagnan, in a panic to save the job he never ever deserved in the first place, threw $100Mill at Kirk (4-25 vs Winning Teams) Cousins, only to rebuffed.

A scenario could have easily materialized where Cousins could have been the Jet QB and according to his past performance it would be actually highly doubtful he ever would lead the Jets to even a playoff game and then he would prance away with the $100Mill leaving the Jets back at Square 1.

The other scenario would have been Josh Rosen who actually might already be on the outs with the Cards or Josh Allen who is still a major project.

Not much else to report on during his tenure. Probably the worst 4 year time frame for any Jet GM.

20 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

I love the thread title makes it sound like some Academy of General Managers, after careful consideration, bestowed this special honor in an awards ceremony when in reality it's some jack-ass who likely doesn't have a job in the NFL and may have an ax to grind.

And even that guy knows Mac sucks.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I'm sorry dude but I liked a lot of the moves that our GM made I think the coach had more to do with our losing record. That being said I am in no way stating that all of his moves were great or that he's a great GM. Yes Hackenberg sucked and that's a big black eye, Devin Smith got injured we can never know what he might have been. Darrelle Revis and mo Wilkerson packed it in how the hell is that the GM's fault? I think he's found some decent draft picks and some that are not so good and he's made some really good free agent signings with really good contracts and a few bombs. But he is certainly not the bumbling idiot that some posters on here make him out to be

Who are the “really good free agent signings?”

As for the “it’s all Bowles’ fault” portion of this post, could you speak to the players who have left the Jets over the last few years who have had a resurgence after finding their way on to teams with good coaching?

• Upvote 3
23 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

As for the “it’s all Bowles’ fault” portion of this post, could you speak to the players who have left the Jets over the last few years who have had a resurgence after finding their way on to teams with good coaching?

Sheldon and Mo were exactly who we knew they were. Bowles not getting more out of Hacc is kinda damning. Haha, Put Mike Singletary on the list of Hacc’s bad coaches too. Crap roster is crap

• Upvote 2
22 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Sheldon and Mo were exactly who we knew they were. Bowles not getting more out of Hacc is kinda damning. Haha, Put Mike Singletary on the list of Hacc’s bad coaches too. Crap roster is crap

Hack may be the worst draft pick of all time.

• Upvote 3
7 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

What I saw from Jimmy G last year before the injury was enough to justify the 2nd round pick. Unfortunately the injury happened this year, if he poops the bed over the next 2 years when healthy then it would be an issue for me. The chances of a 2nd round pick actually becoming a franchise QB is slim to none so I love the gamble.

I can appreciate that. I USED to love to gamble. :-) 

I'm rooting for Jimmy G. I really am, but that deal was a terrible gamble. There were more factors playing against the niners there than for. Highest paid player in the NFL was not warranted and shows an immature GM imo. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

Who gave Revis $17 million his last year to stand around with his thumb up his a&& on the field?

Revis and Wilkerson got a combined $200 million to literally do nothing.  Then Mac bid against himself for Fitzgarbage

That and the horrible drafts, 2018 was his only good draft and he only got two players out of it

You would think even Macagnan couldn’t screw this up tho.  Top 3 pick the 3 defensive players at the top all look great, $100 million in cap room and he already has a qb

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Christian Hackenturd 

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

This misconception is been brought up a few times here. So this tweet and the way it was done and the thread title are all a mess. That said, not many people are going to put their name to saying who is really bad at their jobs for fear of blowback. That’s how sources work. You ask someone something. They say they don’t want to be identified, and so you say sources. That being said, if Adam Schefter says sources, it’s gospel. But anyone else says sources say, and heaven forbid it’s not something you want to hear, and it’s “why won’t they put their name on it?!?!” Please.  

Do the math. This individual is a longtime executive and former GM. In other words he is out of the league and looking for a job. In a couple of years Mike McCagnan will probably qualify as a “longtime executive and former GM”. Would anyone care about his opinion on anything? 

1 hour ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Do the math. This individual is a longtime executive and former GM. In other words he is out of the league and looking for a job. In a couple of years Mike McCagnan will probably qualify as a “longtime executive and former GM”. Would anyone care about his opinion on anything? 

Doesn’t make him wrong. Macc sucks. 

• Upvote 1