NFL Free Agent Updates

nycdan

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Miami Dolphins continued their roster purge at the start of the league year Wednesday by releasing veteran guard Josh Sitton, the team announced.

The move will save the Dolphins $5 million in cap space.

Sitton is likely to wind up with the New York Jets, a source tells ESPN's Adam Schefter. There he would reunite with Jets coach Adam Gase, formerly of the Dolphins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Sitton, 32, signed a two-year, $13.5 million deal with the Dolphins last March with hopes of fortifying Miami's interior offensive line. Sitton's season ended shortly after it started when he tore his rotator cuff in Week 1 versus Tennessee.

Sitton had surgery and was placed on injured reserve in September.

The 6-foot-3, 320-pound veteran guard is a four-time Pro Bowler who has played 11 NFL seasons, including his first eight in Green Bay.

16 hours ago, jayrad01 said:

The Miami Dolphins continued their roster purge at the start of the league year Wednesday by releasing veteran guard Josh Sitton, the team announced.

The move will save the Dolphins $5 million in cap space.

Sitton is likely to wind up with the New York Jets, a source tells ESPN's Adam Schefter. There he would reunite with Jets coach Adam Gase, formerly of the Dolphins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Sitton, 32, signed a two-year, $13.5 million deal with the Dolphins last March with hopes of fortifying Miami's interior offensive line. Sitton's season ended shortly after it started when he tore his rotator cuff in Week 1 versus Tennessee.

Sitton had surgery and was placed on injured reserve in September.

The 6-foot-3, 320-pound veteran guard is a four-time Pro Bowler who has played 11 NFL seasons, including his first eight in Green Bay.

So is either osmele winters or Sitton going to snap balls to darnold?

i would assume one of them is moving to the middle

49ers signed CB Jason Verrett, formerly of the Chargers, to a one-year, $3.6 million contract.

Once a burgeoning star, Verrett has been limited to five games over the past three seasons by injury. The latest is a torn Achilles' tendon he suffered last July. He tore his ACL in 2016. Going on 28, Verrett is a poor bet to regain his pre-injury form but a low-risk flier for a 49ers team intent on turning the corner in 2019.

Mar 14, 2019, 3:28 PM

80 million in cap still left over, and we're not even taking visits... lol. 

This is funny sh*t, man. I've never seen a team with so many roster holes, with this much cheddar, literally sleep through Free Agency.

We've spend money on ILB and RB -- literally the two easiest positions to fill via the draft.. hahaha

funny-wtf-picture-unrelated-12.jpg.566bf4648ce59ee74399c3b3d1015aea.jpg

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This is funny sh*t, man. I've never seen a team with so many roster holes, with this much cheddar, literally sleep through Free Agency.

We've spend money on ILB and RB -- literally the two easiest positions to fill via the draft.. hahaha

Hopefully because we are finally doing our due diligence and not throwing $ at any pretty girl that walks by. Colts haven't done anything, either. This really isn't the greatest of FA classes. Makes me think there may be some trades where we may need $ to pay existing contracts that we acquire.

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

Hopefully because we are finally doing our due diligence and not throwing $ at any pretty girl that walks by. Colts haven't done anything, either. This really isn't the greatest of FA classes. Makes me think there may be some trades where we may need $ to pay existing contracts that we acquire.

Colts' roster is light years ahead of us. And they resigned their CB and brought in a WR. 

Making sure we're bringing in talent like Preston Smith, or Za'Darius Smith (for example) is not throwing $$ at just anyone, it's making sure you're not left holding your dick at the end of the night, looking for a two-thirty-dirty 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Colts' roster is light years ahead of us. And they resigned their CB and brought in a WR. 

Making sure we're bringing in talent like Preston Smith, or Za'Darius Smith (for example) is not throwing $$ at just anyone, it's making sure you're not left holding your dick at the end of the night, looking for a two-thirty-dirty 

I obviously spit balling here, but this is what I think happened. The Jets (Macc and Gase) went into the legal tampering period with a very set plan. They had a list of big targets, and were prepared to get them right away.

Everything was going according to plan, until two things happened. The Barr thing cost them dearly. I don't blame Macc in the least (F the Vikings) and by the time Barr reneged, any viable backup options were gone. The second was the Center position, and here is where I'm upset with Macc. One, he obviously did very little due diligence on Paradis. How did they not know he'd be so adverse to playing in this market? No way I believe they didn't offer him 30 mil+. Then the Morse contract, which actually happened before the Paradis one, completely caught him off guard I think. He either never bid anywhere near the $44 mill the Bills did, or was sure he'd get/rather have Paradis.

I think if they had acquired Barr and Morse/Paradis, then Bell, they would've felt all they needed was a fine tune here or there with very minor signings before the draft. When both fell through they were left to scramble back to Florham Park to try and come up with a Plan B. They came very close to pulling off a great haul, but it didn't work out.

EDIT Jeez guys I'm getting killed for this, LOL. I'm not knocking who we got, I'm just thinking Macc and Gase had bigger plans. Gimme a break...:biggrin:   @Jethead and @Rolloffjet

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

And our new back up Qb, mike Glennon, loves chickens on his crotch.

14 hours ago, Paradis said:

Someone should probably tell him his pecker is showing...

14 hours ago, Paradis said:

Agree on the Smiths....when Barr told Macc he had to sleep on it, he should have said “ok, but we’re making other calls.”  Negotiating 101  mistake

Tyler Eifert stays with Bengals

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 16, 2019, 1:34 PM EDT
GettyImages-1043811844-e1547031277837.jp
Getty Images

Tyler Eifert will continue to play for the Bengals, if he’s healthy enough to play.

Eifert, the tight end who has played very well when healthy but has been injured more often than not throughout his NFL career, has agreed to a one-year contract with the Bengals, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Over the last five seasons Eifert has played in just 28 games while missing 52 games. Eifert has bristled about the “injury-prone” label and said he has just had some freak injuries.

Now the 28-year-old Eifert will get one more chance to see if he can get healthy and stay hea

Jaguars sign WR Conley, OL Ogbuehi

Saturday, March 16, 2019 10:43 a.m. CDT
Oct 1, 2018; Denver, CO, USA; Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Chris Conley (17) stiff arms Denver Broncos defensive back Chris Harris (25)
Oct 1, 2018; Denver, CO, USA; Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Chris Conley (17) stiff arms Denver Broncos defensive back Chris Harris (25) 

The Jacksonville Jaguars stayed busy in free agency, announcing the signings of wide receiver Chris Conley and offensive lineman Cedric Ogbuehi on Saturday.

The moves follow the Jaguars' big free-agent splash when they signed former Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Nick Foles on Wednesday.

Contract terms for the two players were not announced.

Conley, 26, played for the Kansas City Chiefs over his first four seasons, making 104 catches for 1,238 yards and six touchdowns. He emerged as a scoring target for Patrick Mahomes last season, catching 32 passes for 334 yards and five touchdowns.

Conley and Foles were teammates in Kansas City in 2016, and the wide receiver cited the signing of Foles as a big factor in his decision.

"There was opportunity here to begin with, but then the addition of him at quarterback ... that sealed the deal for me," Conley said.

Ogbuehi figures to replace offensive tackle Jermey Parnell, who was released as part of the Jaguars' efforts to free up money for Foles.

Ogbuehi, 26, started 25 of 35 games over his first four seasons, all with the Cincinnati Bengals, but appeared in just two games last season. A Texas A&M product, he was the Bengals' first-round draft pick in 2015.

--Field Level Media

Meh. Now they know how we feel seeing our 1st rd picks flame out and let go in FA

?

Ogbuehi, 26, started 25 of 35 games over his first four seasons, all with the Cincinnati Bengals, but appeared in just two games last season. A Texas A&M product, he was the Bengals' first-round draft pick in 2015.

Archived