NFL Free Agent Updates

nycdan

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LinemanCT said:

F***ing Bills have been beefing up there line the last 2 days ..What the hell are we doing ?

That sucks  I was hoping Feliciano would re-sign with the Raiders , as he was the Raiders backup center.   I thought he could have competed for the starting guard position.    He wanted a chance to start, and I'm glad he's getting his chance in Buffalo.  

Raiders now have to draft a backup center , as they don't have one right now.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

My wish list right now....

Justin Houston - Edge

Lev Bell or Mark Ingram - RB

Callahan - CB

Wisniewski - swing C/OG

Houston - yes

Bell - yes

Ingram - no

Callahan - yes

Wisniewski - yes

If the Jets don't sign Bell, then I would prefer that Maccagnan just stays the course with Crowell, McGuire and a draft pick. I don't want him to spend money on a 29 year old running back (Ingram) or a bloke who might be just better than average on a good day (Coleman). We just saw what the Saints gave Latavius Murray to replace Ingram. Do we really want to be paying that amount of money to a 29 year old who is only a two down back? Not me.

12 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Houston - yes

Bell - yes

Ingram - no

Callahan - yes

Wisniewski - yes

If the Jets don't sign Bell, then I would prefer that Maccagnan just stays the course with Crowell, McGuire and a draft pick. I don't want him to spend money on a 29 year old running back (Ingram) or a bloke who might be just better than average on a good day (Coleman). We just saw what the Saints gave Latavius Murray to replace Ingram. Do we really want to be paying that amount of money to a 29 year old who is only a two down back? Not me.

Fair opinion, and I understand it.  My counter argument would be that Ingram has less mileage on the tires than a guy like Bell who is younger.  The reason -- he's been splitting carries with Alvin Kamara....he hasn't been the true #1 or workhorse.  Remember, the Jets made a pretty savvy move for Thomas Jones back in 2008.  He was an older guy but hadn't had a ton of carries.  They were able to ride him for a few years and got truly great production.  I think Ingram is similar and I definitely want either Bell or Ingram.  Not a fan of Coleman.

11 hours ago, Shelbyblue said:

Nobody wants to come to the NYJ. Paradis, Saffold, Barr, Bell will pick the Ravens and why not they always contend. Boat load of cash and only one overpaid LB. 

Solid prediction. 

I probably would've said the same thing 11 hours ago too though. 

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The Pats factor

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

Think the problem with him is that he's not into the team concept, more of the "lone wolf" kind of guy.

Hmmm didn’t know that about him.  I think the pats factor wore off, he had quite the season last year.  Upgrade over Lee or Jenkins, no?

39 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Is Jamie Collins that bad that no one is talking about him?

Not really a fit for us. More of a 4-3 guy or 3-4 ILB, and we don't need those.

Not the pass-rusher that we need. Would rather have Houston or take a flyer on Shaq Barrett.

• jZG90r3m_bigger.jpg

?

Just spoke with Jordan Palmer who told me Josh Allen, Sam Darnold & Kyle Allen have been renting a house together since January right down street from him, work out every day together. Tyree Jackson & others he trains have been working out with them, throwing 4 days/week together

10 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:
  • jZG90r3m_bigger.jpg

?

Just spoke with Jordan Palmer who told me Josh Allen, Sam Darnold & Kyle Allen have been renting a house together since January right down street from him, work out every day together. Tyree Jackson & others he trains have been working out with them, throwing 4 days/week together

The enemy of my enemy is my friend!

I suggest Sammy find some new friends.

Dolphins Release Josh Sitton

March 13th, 2019 at 3:17pm CST • By Sam Robinson

This is breaking news. Please refresh for updates.

Josh Sitton expected the Dolphins to make him part of their roster cuts, as they venture in a rebuilding direction. That happened Wednesday afternoon.

Minutes after the 2019 league year began, the Dolphins parted ways with Sitton. The former Pro Bowl guard was limited to one game in Miami, with an injury shelving him after Week 1.

wanted him last year, still want him this year 

4 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:
  • jZG90r3m_bigger.jpg

?

Which Josh Allen?  The one in this year's draft might be a more accurate thrower.

5 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Dolphins Release Josh Sitton

March 13th, 2019 at 3:17pm CST • By Sam Robinson

This is breaking news. Please refresh for updates.

Josh Sitton expected the Dolphins to make him part of their roster cuts, as they venture in a rebuilding direction. That happened Wednesday afternoon.

Minutes after the 2019 league year began, the Dolphins parted ways with Sitton. The former Pro Bowl guard was limited to one game in Miami, with an injury shelving him after Week 1.

wanted him last year, still want him this year 

NY Jets must sign this guy. We need. 

7 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Washington has cut LBer Zach Brown

Most likely will sign with the Raiders.   This will be the third year they try to get a deal done with him.( came close both times Mckenize just wouldn't go beyond his price.   Also the fact the Redskins tried to trade him, and only team they were in talks were the Raiders.

Archived