People believe “almost universally” Murray will be #1 pick

MDL_JET

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

This could be a huge smokescreen. In theory, the Cardinals have their QB of the future in Rosen and the best way to build around him and fill many holes is with a trade down. This will be interesting. 

What would the point be of smoke screening, to have someone trade up to 1?

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

What would the point be of smoke screening, to have someone trade up to 1?

Its not likely but it’s their only leverage for a team that doesn’t exercise self control to offer them a bunch of picks to “change their minds” about Murray since they already have him.

Or it’s a way to drum up trade interest for Rosen so they know what offers are actually out their and plan accordingly. It’s probably to get offers for Rosen but who knows. 

Feels like a smokescreen to me.  Do people really believe the Cardinal top mgmt were so in love with Kingsbury that they hired him knowing the first thing he was going to do was make them look foolish by dumping Rosen after just one season?

59 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

This could be a huge smokescreen. In theory, the Cardinals have their QB of the future in Rosen and the best way to build around him and fill many holes is with a trade down. This will be interesting. 

In reality he sucks.. cut losses now and get a real stud dont waste another year 

56 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Feels like a smokescreen to me.  Do people really believe the Cardinal top mgmt were so in love with Kingsbury that they hired him knowing the first thing he was going to do was make them look foolish by dumping Rosen after just one season?

But I ask you, what would be the point of a smoke screen?

19 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

But I ask you, what would be the point of a smoke screen?

Perhaps to hype their pick for a trade down scenario.  That would be the only reason I can think of.  "We REALLY love Murray so if you want our pick we need to be knocked out by an offer"...

43 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

In reality he sucks.. cut losses now and get a real stud dont waste another year 

That could be the mindset. Statue/pocket passer like Rosen was doomed with that horrid O-line. Some team may see the upside with the proper protections. Who knows. 

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

As for the Giants, I'd say a lot depends on whether they like Rosen more than Haskins. I think a more likely destination for Rosen is Miami. That would be something -- Darnold, Rosen and Allen in the same division.

1983 all over again; Ken O'Brien, Kelly and Marino - just hope it works out better for the Jets this time

also not sure this helps the Jets trade down unless Haskin really lights up the combine - Rosen will go to a QB needy team leaving one less opening

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Josh Allen will be a #Jet --> mark it down. I wish lady luck's fanny had an AJ Green to birth, but i guess this will do at position of perennial need. At least we've dodge another DT. 

Just curious, but why has it been a "position of perennial need" would you say?

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

As for the Giants, I'd say a lot depends on whether they like Rosen more than Haskins. I think a more likely destination for Rosen is Miami. That would be something -- Darnold, Rosen and Allen in the same division.

Who’s the other QB in that division?   I’m drawing a blank. 

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Just curious, but why has it been a "position of perennial need" would you say?

The Jets traded Abraham because Woody did not want to pay a dui.

They blew its with Gholston.

They did not draft high enough to draft the sure thing Edges.

Their drafting not good enough to find guys like Demarcus Lawrence, Trey Flowers, etc.

Edge for the Jets is not a problem.  It’s a symptom.  

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I still don’t see it happening. 

I don't know Mick. Kingsbury has been saying prior to his hire  that if he had the #1 pick he'd grab Murray. Murray fits his offense perfectly.

3 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It will be interesting.

You have to believe me, I’ve said it before, when a play goes “off schedule”, which as you know happens a lot in the NFL, Rosen makes Ken O’Brien look like Michael Vick, I saw all of Rosen’s games last year, I live in AZ.  The athletic side to his game is atrocious.

I’m not saying he doesn’t have a strong arm or he doesn’t throw a pretty looking ball, he does....if EVERYTHING develops perfectly.

I also realize Rosen played behind an awful Oline, but still I think if Kingsbury still feels as strongly about Kyler Murray as I think he does....I think it’s a good possibility he’s his pick at 1.

43 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I don't know Mick. Kingsbury has been saying prior to his hire  that if he had the #1 pick he'd grab Murray. Murray fits his offense perfectly.

What I don’t see is if Rosen sucks why would anyone give up a high 1st for him or if he’s good why trade him away. 

Archived